A salute to all stay-at-home parents!

I have known this for years, but I am well aware that parents who stay at home to care for the kids get more than their fair share of undue criticism. Yep, I remember the tiny baby days after my DD was born when people would ask how I was enjoying my "vacation" or what I did to pass the time, sitting around the house all day! :mad:

I have one child who is now 8 years old. I work full time. Last week I had the week off. I put in for one of my weeks leave from work as I had no childcare for last week with my parents being away. (Bless them :hug:).

I was absolutely exhausted by last night and feel more relaxed after my first day back at work. I ran around from one activity to the next, had to make 3 meals a day, the house continuously got messy during the day, although I was always cleaning and I struggled to get the food shopping done, which I usually just do in a lunch hour and grab the chilled things on the way back from work in the evening.

For the sake of clarity, I love being a parent (I'm a single mom) and I can't say my daughter gives me any trouble. But I thought it would be a well deserved pat on the back for all of you who do this every day, all day and nobody seems to notice. Of course the children do, but here's some recognition from a total stranger. I take my hat off to you all. :thumbsup2

Thanks so much!! I very rarely hear this from anyone. Thanks again!!

Know matter which way you look at it having kids is a tough job!!! Props to ALL moms...working and stay at home! I work FT now but worked PT when my kids were infants. Both are equally challenging!!! Working moms have to do it all and juggle commutes, packing lunches, dropping off and picking up from childcare, making dinner, play time with kids, homework, laundry, baths, bedtime struggles and finally crashing into bed! When I was at home it was the whole infant struggles, no sleep, etc and all of the above!!! Moms everywhere deserve praise and respect...SAH or Working:)
Love to you all!!!!

Thanks, I really needed to read this today....it's the weekend but I've spent my entire day scrubbing all the countertops and kitchen/bathroom floors because my dh is home to help keep an 'eye' on the little ones while I was able to do my 'work.' I'm dealing with one child that has RAD/ODD, one that is potty training and seems to have 'just missed the potty' everytime I turn around and the other three are going crazy because they're couped up in the house......

I am a stay at home mom and foster mom to our 5 children every day ranging in age from 3 to 5 and while I LOVE them all dearly, it is FAR harder than any job I've ever had.....but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Hats off to ALL moms (and dads), though - whether you work, stay home, work from home, etc. it is NOT an easy job no matter HOW you slice it :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter