A sign for the table!!

angelabrezovsky

Mouseketeer
Okay any ideas of a sign for the table where we eat at buffets. I will be there with my dd5 dd7 dsister9. So when we get up to get our food I do not want our table to be gone. Any suggestions of a sign I can put on the table?

Okay any ideas of a sign for the table where we eat at buffets. I will be there with my dd5 dd7 dsister9. So when we get up to get our food I do not want our table to be gone. Any suggestions of a sign I can put on the table?

If this is in reference to a Disney restaurant buffet ( like Tusker House, Boma, Cape May), you will have an assigned table and a waitress that will serve your drinks. Once you make your ADR for a restaurant, then you have a table for your party booked. No one will be able to take your table, they will have their own assigned table.

If this is in reference to a Disney restaurant buffet ( like Tusker House, Boma, Cape May), you will have an assigned table and a waitress that will serve your drinks. Once you make your ADR for a restaurant, then you have a table for your party booked. No one will be able to take your table, they will have their own assigned table.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. When we all go up to a buffet I do not want them to think we are done and clean off our table for someone else. I heard it happening! So I want I sign to put on the table to let them know we will be right back to the table.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. When we all go up to a buffet I do not want them to think we are done and clean off our table for someone else. I heard it happening! So I want I sign to put on the table to let them know we will be right back to the table.

I have never heard of that happening at Disney. They will wait until you are done. I don't think you will need a sign.

Never heard of that nor had it happen. At the end of the meal you have to take care of the check. If you haven't done that, then I don't see how they'd consider you done or clear your table.

I must of explained it wrong. After we are already sitting down we will have to get up to get our food. I don't want the waitress to think we left and clean off the table.

It's not going to happen at a buffet at Disney; you have to pay for the meal, after all, and that happens at the end of the meal. That's what the previous poster was saying; you have a server, and s/he won't do that.

If you are that concerned then speak to the server when you are seated and let them know you are worried they'll clear your table.

I read the posts on the single parents thread that did refer to tables at WDW buffets being cleared while a single parent was at the buffet or in the rest room with her children. I am not sure how or why it happened or how often it happened but according this thread it does happen. OP, if you are concerned, I would just use your printer, a stock card grade of paper and a disney clip art and say something to the effect that we are away from the table for a few minutes but will be returning to finish enjoying our meal....please do not clear our table yet. I really doubt you will need it but if makes you feel better.....it 's works:thumbsup2 When we dine at Chief Mickey's, we always ask for and receive and pay for our meal early in the meal as sometimes if not, it can take forever to take care of it later.

I must of explained it wrong. After we are already sitting down we will have to get up to get our food. I don't want the waitress to think we left and clean off the table.

They won't. There is no need for a sign. It happens all the time at buffets. That's how it works.

I read the posts on the single parents thread that did refer to tables at WDW buffets being cleared while a single parent was at the buffet or in the rest room with her children. I am not sure how or why it happened or how often it happened but according this thread it does happen. OP, if you are concerned, I would just use your printer, a stock card grade of paper and a disney clip art and say something to the effect that we are away from the table for a few minutes but will be returning to finish enjoying our meal....please do not clear our table yet. I really doubt you will need it but if makes you feel better.....it 's works:thumbsup2 When we dine at Chief Mickey's, we always ask for and receive and pay for our meal early in the meal as sometimes if not, it can take forever to take care of it later.

Thank you so much! I must find this single parents thread! :)

angelabrezovsky said:

I used to a waitress at a sit down restaurant and I learned napkin in the seat means: "Be right back" and napkin on the table means: "We are done and please clean up." This rule is universal so you could use this instead of a sign.

I used to a waitress at a sit down restaurant and I learned napkin in the seat means: "Be right back" and napkin on the table means: "We are done and please clean up." This rule is universal so you could use this instead of a sign.

Thank you!

Perhaps leaving a bag (with non valuables) at your table or a sweatshirt on the back of your chair might be more subtle than a sign.

We've eaten at a ton of buffets at Disney and have never had them clear it when everyone at the table is gone before we were actually gone for good after paying the check.

We had a sign over our food that said be right back getting brownies at 1900 park fare last year and the couple next to us stopped the waitress from clearing away our food. We never had that problem before but our service that night was bad. A short note on a napkin or homemade one should work.

I would never leave my napkin on the seat.:confused:

Like someone else said, leave some things at the table. A sweatshirt, a bib, a toy, etc.

We had a sign over our food that said be right back getting brownies at 1900 park fare last year and the couple next to us stopped the waitress from clearing away our food. We never had that problem before but our service that night was bad. A short note on a napkin or homemade one should work.

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter