A sign for the table!!

I'm always surprised by the varied opinions on the DIS! Not only napkins, but age for serving yourself. My kids (10, 9 and 7) all serve themselves at school so I never even considered it to be a health risk at a buffet. Usually we all go together the first trip, just so we get the layout, see the options, etc., but on refills I only need to accompany the youngest or she would have nothing but croutons.
I guess you could just leave the kids at the table while you go make plates for everyone, if you are super worried!

I'm always surprised by the varied opinions on the DIS! Not only napkins, but age for serving yourself. My kids (10, 9 and 7) all serve themselves at school so I never even considered it to be a health risk at a buffet. Usually we all go together the first trip, just so we get the layout, see the options, etc., but on refills I only need to accompany the youngest or she would have nothing but croutons.
I guess you could just leave the kids at the table while you go make plates for everyone, if you are super worried!

:thumbsup2 I can't believe anyone thinks they NEED to go with a kid that old up to get food from a buffet. 5 and under, they could easily drop their plate or reach their hands into the food to help themselves, but after that your kid should be capable of helping themselves! I am ALWAYS shocked on the Dis at how old others think kids need to be for the simplest of task :rolleyes1

Exactly. My almost 13 year old has been serving himself in school for a while. I haven't accompanied him in a buffet line in years..other then the original walk up as a family to get the lay of the land. After that, he goes himself. My 7 year old also serves herself. Only one I help now is the 3 year old. They have all been taught the proper to serve themselves (use the utensils, not hands etc..).

Interesting the varied opinions.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. When we all go up to a buffet I do not want them to think we are done and clean off our table for someone else. I heard it happening! So I want I sign to put on the table to let them know we will be right back to the table.

Cute idea ;-) I see points in pp yet also if you wish go for it doesn't harm?! I would make something small and laminate it I can't think of something catchy&cute at the moment for a phrase tho sure there's one in someone's thought.

Cute idea ;-) I see points in pp yet also if you wish go for it doesn't harm?! I would make something small and laminate it I can't think of something catchy&cute at the moment for a phrase tho sure there's one in someone's thought.

Thank you! I can't think of a cute saying either!! Let me know if you do? :)

Thank you! I can't think of a cute saying either that's why I caked on here. Let me know if you think if one! :)

I have to agree. I accompany my 6 year old (turned 6 last week...) still b/c he is so putzy he would be up there for hours deciding. However, my 8 year old has been doing it for himself for almost 4 years - started in Kindergarten (it's a buffet lunch for hot lunch at school). I have no qualms sending him alone to do it. I think this would be a good time to let your kids spread their wings a bit. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter