A story of renewed hope & the power of Dis

and just for laughs and giggles we go WAY back This was in 1984

Look skinny people....people with hair....people with BLOND hair....:rotfl2:
and the little kid now 38 y/o and a Major USMC :faint:
( and Fred's Dear grandma gone but never forgottten)

We have to keep each other we ain't OLD but as they say
realistically we are closer to the grave than to the birth canal:rolleyes1

It is so fun to look back and giggle at how we were vs. how we are. But, who we were is what made us who we are...right?
Nice to have photos of those that don't walk the earth with us anymore. sweet memories.

Hi Ruthie!

It's always nice to get to know the folks we are "chatting" with. I personally couldn't keep pics of my beloved pets somewhere that they reminded me. I think you read my opening statement of the cruise report and my beloved Sunny had the cover spot on my cell phone, but I couldn't see her every day and know that she was on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I had to change that. I know how much we love our pets, and I'm glad you have so many and love your animals so much.

I'm also glad that you and your hubby are rekindling things. I understand that too, it's rough, but we have to stick together.

Looking forward to hearing about things. They don't have to be fancy, they should just be real. That's all that matters!

I agree simple and real beats fancy & phony any day! (not that all fancy are phony)

:wave2:

WOW a Trip report! I'm SO IN!!! WHOOP!!! :cheer2: so excited to hijack another report!

your an amazing woman, your strong and your overcoming a boat load of obstacles. I'm glad I get to follow along! :hug:

I LOVE the pictures!!! Keep those up!!! or i may have to post my own...:stir:

I agree, having "known" you only briefly, YOU certainly amaze me. :)

And I love seeing the pictures too.:thumbsup2

First its Tuesday day 1 of 3 PT days a week the alarm went off at 5 am and I groaned Lord I really don't want to go, I really don't Oh yes you do Brrr it's cold out (yeah I know but 58 here is cold :rotfl:) Fantasia (the almost 14 y/o pointer) opens one eye and gives me the "yeah right lady" evil eye and snuggles deeper under the covers I give in ok hit snooze for another 10..so silly can one of these dogs puhleeez learn how to put the coffee on 5:10 that's it get up get out, the morning battle cry to the canine crew I have to leave by 5:55 latest 6 out of 7 are out the door Fantasia yawns and begins her morning routine of downward dog yoga or whatever she does cmon cmon you gotta get out and pee hurry up

Maxine is tapping on the kitchen window hey ma where's my feed I hear you in there and off we go I skip the coffee breathe take a birdbath as my Nana used to call it and get dressed Ok I can focus now Take a moment to look at todays date in my daily devotional book ( I need a fastpass of inspiration please forgive me) Be on the lookout for for what I am doing in your life thank me in all circumstances allrighty then who am I to argue that ?

Reverse the 5:10 canine battle cry get in get in kennels no not that kennel YOUR kennel (they all have crates been this way since puppies they know which is theirs they just like to mess with me)

In the car I sing my own version of the song on the road again...this is getting really old..do I have time to get coffee? no here I come I-4 I pull in when therapist # 1 pulls in 6:32 stupid could have had coffee appt is for 7 we wave at each other and I call DH He is cheerful :laughing:Good Morning Good Morning to you Discuss the day he is in Texas enroute to make a delivery in VA he is driving and on speaker phone will talk later OK here we go round one of PT

Round 2 PT and we do different things to start strength training All good Session ended with deep tissue massage ultrasound and then heat wrap When I walk out at almost 10 am my leg feels almost normal there is hope :yay:

Talk to DH again no clue yet when he will be here after delivery in VA will stop Savannah GA to drop off his student driver and then homeward bound (in this economy most trucking companies have become driving schools Fred is an instructor for a few cents more a mile they are getting cheap labor with a guy who has 30 + years experience but its a job and coming up on 3 yr anniversary with them so no real complaint) We discuss plans for weekend and will talk tomorrow night to see where in the world he is at that point :confused3

Get home let the dogs out give everybody love pats fresh water and hugs I think I'll just close my eyes for a few minutes....its 12:25 I wake up to the sound of Judge Marilyn Millan (sp?) of the peoples court....what ?? what ??? :scared1: she's on at 11:00 I missed PT !!!!! The fog lifts as I struggle to jump out of bed no dopey you HAD PT you got home and passed out Oh ok relax..snuggle down...up again Wait a minute she's on at 5 pm what the heck time is it ??? and why is it so quiet outside ?? Either they are the best dogs in the world today or the most rotten there is no in between I determine they are the best Whew! Its 5:45 that was some nap, let's get that coffee finally

So here I am everyone has been fed watered loved and are back outside again I am thrilled to see people have joined in our adventure It touches me
especially with so much going on in your own lives planning weddings and vacations, surprise trips, dealing with your own life issues, and still you take the time to visit little ole me :flower3:

A dear friend across the pond in the land of OZ takes amazing photography and just has a beautiful way of looking at things I had the pleasure of meeting
her a few years ago in our first DisMeet we lost touch when I fell off the grid for awhile and once in touch picked up right where we left off I am so looking
forward to spending time with her at the BIG Dismeet planned for Oct
there are about 12 of us :grouphug: I have the pleasure of sharing something
with you that she posted and I promise if you take a second to click this link
below and go to post # 160 (I don't know how else to put it on this PTR)
you won't be sorry you took the time It had a very big impact on me as to how we should live the moments in our life

Glad you are all here and now I am off to plan character times/meets and all else I would like us to do those 2 days

Here is the link to PIO's post # 160 (PIO=princess:in Oz)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46181111&posted=1#post46181111

Love Ruthie

I read post 160. Wow, that is really very beautiful. A new outlook on take time to smell the roses. Thank you for sharing.

I'm glad you pt went well & your leg started to feel a bit more normal.

Happy you got a couple minutes to talk with your sweetie too.

I love to hear about your furry friends. I have always (like most girls) loved horses.

Now about the bird bath.... My gram used to call it a cat bath. I don't know where she got that from. :lmao: She came up with the stranges expressions. She spent many years on a farm. animals & crops. I loved to hear her stories. years later I found out most of her adult life was in the city. And I thought, how sad that must have been for her. But, through that she met my Gramps. So I am certainly happy she moved to the city. :)

Have a wonderful night. I am off to tuck the littlest in. Sweet dreams!

Ruthie you truly are a gifted writer! I am loving going on this adventure with you. I am so glad you are feeling better and know that you and Fred will have a great reunion. Ruth

First its Tuesday day 1 of 3 PT days a week the alarm went off at 5 am and I groaned Lord I really don't want to go, I really don't Oh yes you do Brrr it's cold out (yeah I know but 58 here is cold :rotfl:) Fantasia (the almost 14 y/o pointer) opens one eye and gives me the "yeah right lady" evil eye and snuggles deeper under the covers I give in ok hit snooze for another 10..so silly can one of these dogs puhleeez learn how to put the coffee on 5:10 that's it get up get out, the morning battle cry to the canine crew I have to leave by 5:55 latest 6 out of 7 are out the door Fantasia yawns and begins her morning routine of downward dog yoga or whatever she does cmon cmon you gotta get out and pee hurry up

I can totally visualize all of this! :rotfl2:

Maxine is tapping on the kitchen window hey ma where's my feed I hear you in there and off we go I skip the coffee breathe take a birdbath as my Nana used to call it and get dressed Ok I can focus now Take a moment to look at todays date in my daily devotional book ( I need a fastpass of inspiration please forgive me) Be on the lookout for for what I am doing in your life thank me in all circumstances allrighty then who am I to argue that ?

Reverse the 5:10 canine battle cry get in get in kennels no not that kennel YOUR kennel (they all have crates been this way since puppies they know which is theirs they just like to mess with me)

LOL

In the car I sing my own version of the song on the road again...this is getting really old..do I have time to get coffee? no here I come I-4 I pull in when therapist # 1 pulls in 6:32 stupid could have had coffee appt is for 7 we wave at each other and I call DH He is cheerful :laughing:Good Morning Good Morning to you Discuss the day he is in Texas enroute to make a delivery in VA he is driving and on speaker phone will talk later OK here we go round one of PT

Yay for a quick chat with DH!

Round 2 PT and we do different things to start strength training All good Session ended with deep tissue massage ultrasound and then heat wrap When I walk out at almost 10 am my leg feels almost normal there is hope :yay:

I am soooo proud of you for working so hard at this, I can't imagine the strength you must have.

Talk to DH again no clue yet when he will be here after delivery in VA will stop Savannah GA to drop off his student driver and then homeward bound (in this economy most trucking companies have become driving schools Fred is an instructor for a few cents more a mile they are getting cheap labor with a guy who has 30 + years experience but its a job and coming up on 3 yr anniversary with them so no real complaint) We discuss plans for weekend and will talk tomorrow night to see where in the world he is at that point

Sounds like he is slowly making his way in the right direction. Safe travels to him.

Get home let the dogs out give everybody love pats fresh water and hugs I think I'll just close my eyes for a few minutes....its 12:25 I wake up to the sound of Judge Marilyn Millan (sp?) of the peoples court....what ?? what ??? :scared1: she's on at 11:00 I missed PT !!!!! The fog lifts as I struggle to jump out of bed no dopey you HAD PT you got home and passed out Oh ok relax..snuggle down...up again Wait a minute she's on at 5 pm what the heck time is it ??? and why is it so quiet outside ?? Either they are the best dogs in the world today or the most rotten there is no in between I determine they are the best Whew! Its 5:45 that was some nap, let's get that coffee finally

If I was to have coffee that late - I would be up all night long... Hmmm... maybe that's how I will get through this week? :scratchin

So here I am everyone has been fed watered loved and are back outside again I am thrilled to see people have joined in our adventure It touches me
especially with so much going on in your own lives planning weddings and vacations, surprise trips, dealing with your own life issues, and still you take the time to visit little ole me

I wouldn't miss it!

A dear friend across the pond in the land of OZ takes amazing photography and just has a beautiful way of looking at things I had the pleasure of meeting
her a few years ago in our first DisMeet we lost touch when I fell off the grid for awhile and once in touch picked up right where we left off I am so looking
you won't be sorry you took the time It had a very big impact on me as to how we should live the moments in our life

I did read it... Wow... I agree, an amazing perspective.

Glad you are all here and now I am off to plan character times/meets and all else I would like us to do those 2 days

Here is the link to PIO's post # 160 (PIO=princess:in Oz)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=46181111&posted=1#post46181111

Love Ruthie

Yay for character meets and meals!

This is going to be a wonderful weekend for both of you - I can just feel it. ::yes::

D~

I love the pictures.

Please know I am reading but may not always post. I've not even updated my PTR and TR, and with my trip coming up in 22 days and my son's wedding in 30 days, I'm absolutely losing my mind. :lmao::lmao:

Have a great weekend Ruthie.

Thanks for the compliments and for posting that link! :blush:

I'm really so happy that you've come back to the Dis and that we've reconnected. I think the October meet is going to be super fun catching up with my 2D friends-in-a-box in 3D. Really looking forward to it. :goodvibes

Does Pluto look angry enough ? Because that about describes the past 12 hrs !

The PLAN :-)rotfl: yeah we know all about plans) was DH & student driving from TX taking a delivery to GA then home I figured he would be here by NOW

Nope dispatcher diverts them to PA :sad2: from TX now THAT delivery isn't due in Atlanta GA (no longer Savannah) until NOON today which will get him home ???? :hourglass:confused3:confused3:confused3 AND I could not get into disboards :badpc:until now which further aggravates

So its a new day, we'll see what this one brings Never a dull moment

Oh Ruthie. So sorry. I hope DH gets home soon and that you can spend some quality date time together this weekend. :hug:

Oh Ruthie. So sorry. I hope DH gets home soon and that you can spend some quality date time together this weekend. :hug:

Hi PIO princess: I am thinking the quality time will be 2 comatose bodies snoring away side by side :sad2: we REALLY want to keep the plans this weekend...we'll see gotta get going myself for PT will check in with everyone later Can't WAIT until life gets more back to normal...for us anyway..whatever normal is :rotfl:

Oh no!!! What was that dispatcher thinking? Didn't they know you had PLANS! Sheesh!

OK - here's hoping that he makes it home today - the earlier the better. And I hope PT goes smoothly for you.

D~

Hi PIO princess: I am thinking the quality time will be 2 comatose bodies snoring away side by side :sad2: we REALLY want to keep the plans this weekend...we'll see gotta get going myself for PT will check in with everyone later Can't WAIT until life gets more back to normal...for us anyway..whatever normal is :rotfl:

That sounds like me and my DH. :rotfl2:

Hope PT goes well.

and I'M THE TORNADO?!?!? :faint:
Doggie Yoga! HA HA HA HA HA HA I love this!!! 58??? that here is :beach: pool opening day! LOL..

Maxine is my FAVORITE character in your life...
You cannot argue with the words of wisdom. Go get em girl!!

they are laughing AT you..

This is the best news!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! not so happy about the singing.... :rotfl2:

Talk to DH again no clue yet when he will be here after delivery in VA will stop Savannah GA to drop off his student driver and then homeward bound (in this economy most trucking companies have become driving schools Fred is an instructor for a few cents more a mile they are getting cheap labor with a guy who has 30 + years experience but its a job and coming up on 3 yr anniversary with them so no real complaint) We discuss plans for weekend and will talk tomorrow night to see where in the world he is at that point :confused3

You need to put GPS on him.. in him which ever works for you!
YAY for a more money! i know it's not a lot but it's something!!!

What time is the 3:00 parade?!?!

especially with so much going on in your own lives planning weddings and vacations, surprise trips, dealing with your own life issues, and still you take the time to visit little ole me :flower3:

:hug:

Love Ruthie

AMAZING post. her photography is STUNNING! I can learn a great deal from her!!!

excited to hear the plans.. especially WHEN Fred comes home!!! :lovestruc

Nope dispatcher diverts them to PA :sad2: from TX now THAT delivery isn't due in Atlanta GA (no longer Savannah) until NOON today which will get him home ???? :hourglass:confused3:confused3:confused3 AND I could not get into disboards :badpc:until now which further aggravates

So its a new day, we'll see what this one brings Never a dull moment

I am also having computer problems today.. may throw this computer against the wall at some point.. :badpc:

I am on baited breath! when does FRED COME HOME?!?!?!

Seriously, let's all get together and go beat the you know what out of that dispatcher!

I hope DH is home soon.

Update-WARNING ....LONG.... The delivery in Atl Ga has been pushed back to 1 pm (well at least we are finally in the same time zone) THEN the dispatcher wants Fred to drop off the partner/student at his home in Savannah get a rental car and drive home (reversing the process when home down time is over) :crazy2: From a business point of view, a tractor on the road (without a trailer/nothing to deliver or up pick up is a waste of fuel & in the business called riding "dead head") Now I can't speak for the stock market or anyone elses gauge of whether the economy is in trouble or has re-bounded BUT I can tell you from personal experience the BEST judge is the trucking industry In the past home-time you get it, bring the tractor home (no matter how much fuel it cost the company didn't care and considered it the cost of business) NOW the perfect scenario for the company (and the dispatcher covering their behind) is to eliminate "dead head" time & costs; their perfect scenario would be your last delivery would be next door to where you live and your first pickup when back to work would be next door to where you live. Sounds good if you live in Orlando or Tampa but not here in "Green Acres" NOTHING here.

Soooo The dispatcher's idea went over like a lead balloon with Fred because the time on the road on the back end of this weekend to go BACK to GA, drop off car, pick up truck & partner/student will all be for NO PAY ! (are you all still with me :faint: ) Fred went over his head and called his Supvr directly NOW the plan is (due to the Supvr "talking" to the over-zealous dispatcher to the tune of "Are you crazy man! This guy has been out here FOREVER Get him home!!) The plan is to meet up with another company truck in GA with a load going to Orlando due there by noon tomorrow (Fred would take that one) drop it and get home (TOMORROW) Sounds ideal and ALWAYS better to bring the truck home so that when leaving again you will probably get another pickup on the way to get your student/partner

2 problems so far: they are having trouble reaching the other team/truck and if the do meet up now Fred can no longer drive (FDOT Regulations you can only drive so many hours in a 24 hours period ::yes:: GOOD Rule !) I HOPE he gets the other truck as he will be too exhausted if he were to get a rental car and won't want to pull over and sleep (whereas with the truck which is computerized when he signs on it won't let the truck start !! YEAH a govt reg we ALL totally agree with=FORCED sleep time)

When I wrote "No longer the original Angry Bird Proud of U Fred " its because when he has had "setbacks" in the past he would make Donald Duck appear calm with his rants and raves and always on the phone and always at me It would be "Thats it I'm going to quit, I'm going to park this ___________ truck on the side of the road and tell them to shove it, I'm going to hitch yadayadayada " All the time venting would be causing ME stress :scared: because if he went off half-uh..."baked" (not what I really wanted to say LOL)
we'd really be up a creek, then he'd get home in the past and would be in a mood the whole time I regretted him getting here and kept asking "When are you leaving?" when it got to be too much The dogs would be stressed and twice we have had 2 dogs actually have a fight (SO NOT like my pack)

I am PROUD of him (and told him so on the phone) he is acting mature (Thank you Lord) he is not acting like a "donkey" and is actually reasoning things out ( I mean realistically he is 56 y/o, overweight, and NO one is hiring & if a company is they want a "fit" 20 y/o all the experience means nothing :best to keep the job than throw us ALL under the monorail ;) )

Are we frustrated ? You bet, but its so nice to be frustrated as a couple, together, with a mutual cause not taking it out on each other I think he finally GETS it :thumbsup2 So whenever he gets here he gets here :love:

Followed the link from DMGeurts PTR and I'm joining in!
So happy to see you are here :goodvibes

I'm following ... We arrive on Saturday too

Very excited to follow your adventure
Oh its been and continues to BE an adventure better strap on a seat belt :rotfl: We hope we get there Saturday too we have an ADR at Biergarten for dinner !

I'm here too. Geesh, I'm a little late joining in and on the 2nd page already!

Love the picture of Maxine kissing Fred's head!

T
Hi T !! That is a cute picture isn't it ? Maxine is the female version of Mr Ed she makes me laugh every single day many times glad you're here too !

I read post 160. Wow, that is really very beautiful. A new outlook on take time to smell the roses. Thank you for sharing.

I'm glad you pt went well & your leg started to feel a bit more normal.

Happy you got a couple minutes to talk with your sweetie too.

I love to hear about your furry friends. I have always (like most girls) loved horses.

Now about the bird bath.... My gram used to call it a cat bath. I don't know where she got that from. :lmao: She came up with the stranges expressions. She spent many years on a farm. animals & crops. I loved to hear her stories. years later I found out most of her adult life was in the city. And I thought, how sad that must have been for her. But, through that she met my Gramps. So I am certainly happy she moved to the city. :)

Have a wonderful night. I am off to tuck the littlest in. Sweet dreams!

PIO takes the most amazing pictures and has a great way of putting things ! I am honored to call her my friend :goodvibes

Ruthie you truly are a gifted writer! I am loving going on this adventure with you. I am so glad you are feeling better and know that you and Fred will have a great reunion. Ruth

Oh I don't know about that but thanks for saying it, I write the way I talk so there you are I am doing well PT is grueling but keep on going keep on going !

I love the pictures.

Please know I am reading but may not always post. I've not even updated my PTR and TR, and with my trip coming up in 22 days and my son's wedding in 30 days, I'm absolutely losing my mind. :lmao::lmao:

Seriously with ALL going on I am amazed and thrilled that you are with us here..If you find you need some relaxation check out some of my friend PrincessinOZ affectionately known as PIO posts Better than any travel channel and so relaxing I have spent many hours "traveling" through her eyes pictures of animals in Australia, the fireworks, I could go on & on my fondest wish to get there (to her house) one day

Have a great weekend Ruthie.

Thanks for the compliments and for posting that link! :blush:

I'm really so happy that you've come back to the Dis and that we've reconnected. I think the October meet is going to be super fun catching up with my 2D friends-in-a-box in 3D. Really looking forward to it. :goodvibes

Yes my used to be 2D friend in a box, we may crash the Disboards site I am sending everyone to check out your posts and AMAZING photography Can't wait to see you again :goodvibes

Please bear with me for falling behind I hope I am catching up now..

Hi Ruthie!

It's always nice to get to know the folks we are "chatting" with. I personally couldn't keep pics of my beloved pets somewhere that they reminded me. I think you read my opening statement of the cruise report and my beloved Sunny had the cover spot on my cell phone, but I couldn't see her every day and know that she was on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I had to change that. I know how much we love our pets, and I'm glad you have so many and love your animals so much.

I'm also glad that you and your hubby are rekindling things. I understand that too, it's rough, but we have to stick together.

Looking forward to hearing about things. They don't have to be fancy, they should just be real. That's all that matters!

Thanks Alison I may have forgotten to send condolences to you and Fran about Sunny If I did I apologize. For me the pictures comfort me for now it helps Real is all you will ever get from me :thumbsup2 Hope you & Fran are doing well looking forward to Oct !!

I am in. Thank you for the back story. I am praying for you and all the healing.

Thank you Chiara, you know me long enough to know that I really appreciate it when someone prays for me You are another person that amazes me with everything else going on in your life here you are with me How are things going?

I'm here, too...I do much more lurking than actual talking...because I tend to be long winded...
But I completely understand about the renewing of marriage...we have been married 36 years in a few months...we are on our second set of kids... Sometimes it is easy to forget why you married them in the first place!
Nini

:rotfl: Welcome Nini get long winded here anytime you like I value your opinions ;) Yes after decades sometimes we look at them and think " Who ARE you ???? Seems like I am getting the "original" guy back :)

YAY for sleep YAY on being angry TOGETHER YAY for a plan!!! Sorry it won't be until tomorrow.. Love your colorful non explicit ways of explaining the situation!! :rotfl2:
Please keep me informed on how he is progressing! I hope you have your magical visit as deserved!!!

YAY for sleep YAY on being angry TOGETHER YAY for a plan!!! Sorry it won't be until tomorrow.. Love your colorful non explicit ways of explaining the situation!! :rotfl2:
Please keep me informed on how he is progressing! I hope you have your magical visit as deserved!!!

disregard the last part of my last post on your PTR (huh ! ? LOL) apparently you were HERE while I was THERE :stir: Yes Fred & I are good, sad though when I can tell you this minute where Mickey & Pluto are but not my husband LOL

I'll know something more by 4 pm fingers crossed he gets the other truck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter