A thread for The Winkler Family and the loss of there 16 mo. old, Levi :(

Lord,

I ask that you watch over the Winkler family as they endure the loss of their son Levi. May you give them all the comfort and strength they need during this time of loss. Although we may not understand why this tragedy happened, Lord we thank you for allowing this family to watch over one of your angels during the short time he was here on earth. May Alicia and Matt make a speedy recovery for their injuries. I ask that you place your healing power in the hands of the doctors that are around them. Lord, I ask that you give strength and comfort to Isabelle as this is a tough time for her as well. In Jesus precious name I pray, Amen.

Hi Alicia- I was at the GLOW party and met you briefly.
My heart aches for your loss as does the hearts of all the DIS-mamas.

I know words offer little comfort at this time, but I hope the collective DIS family love gives you a little strength, and makes you feel a little warmth. We're here for you and offer a huge shoulder to cry on if you need it. :hug: :grouphug:

God bless you and your family!

I want you to know our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Our family also lost our son in a car accident. It has been 16 years, but seems like yesterday. The pain gets better, but there is always that ache in your heart. Do want you feel you need to do at this time. Everyone has a different way to deal with their loss. Hope the sun will shine on you and your family soon.

Alicia, I was at the GLOW party as well and it is so hard to hear how your life has changed since that wonderful evening.

Words cannot express my emotions nor can they salve your broken heart. I hope knowing that you are surrounded by those who care about you and yours and are here if there is anything we can do will help you to get through the days ahead until the happy memories will help heal a small amount of the loss.

:rose: Slightly Goofy/Linda/Mom and Grandma

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I am very sorry for your loss. I hope that one day you will find the strength to make peace with this tragedy.

Monica

I didn't get to meet anyone as i missed the glow party

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family I am so sorry for your loss.
I lost my 5 year old son 24 years ago on sept 7. I was also 26 at the time. your son will remain forever in your heart and never be forgotton.
God Bless you and your family
maria

Alicia and Matt,

I am so sorry for your loss.

Is there a memorial fund set up to help with expenses?

A friend of mine passed this thread along to me.

Even though I do not know the Winkeler Family I wanted to offer my condolences. I have two small childeren as well and just the thought of losing one of them brings me to tears. I am so sorry that your family is going through this. I wanted you to know that you are in my families thoughts and prayers during this time.

Alicia and family -

We did not get a chance to meet at the Glow party. However, I remember seeing pictures of your beautiful children. I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through losing a child. Know that everyone is thinking about you & praying for your family. I'm including a poem I came across:

Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mama please don't cry~
"Cause I am in the arms of Jesus
and He sings me lullabies."
Please, try not to question God,
Don't think he is unkind
Don't think He sent me to you,
and then He changed his mind.
You see, I am a special child,
and I'm needed up above
I'm the special gift you gave Him,
the product of your love.
I'll always be there with you
and watch the sky at night,
Find the brightest star that's gleaming,
That's my halo's brilliant light.
You'll see me in the morning frost,
that mists your window pane.
That's me in the summer showers,
I'll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a little breeze,
from a gentle wind that blows
That's me, I'll be there,
planting a kiss on your nose.
When you see a child playing,
and your heart feels a little tug,
That's me, I'll be there,
giving your heart a hug.
So Daddy, please don't look so sad,
Mama don't your cry.
I'm in the arms of Jesus
and He sings me lullabies

I'm sorry to hear of your loss - your family will be in my prayers!

I am so sorry for your loss ! Your family will be in my prayers. may you find the strenghth you need in this devasting time .

Alicia,
I know you don't know me but I want to take the time to let you know that I am deeply sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine the pain you and your family are feeling.
Now is the time to be strong for your daughter. She needs you and your husband, as you need her, to help you through this tragedy.

Let Go Let God

Valerie

to alicia and family.....

i don't know you DIS or otherwise but you and your family are in my prayers. i'm so sorry to hear of your loss....may god be with you and your family. i pray for your quick recovery. i don't know what words to say to comfort you in your loss.....just know that you and your family will be in a lot of people's thoughts and prayers in the coming months.

I remember your beautiful creations and even more beautiful children from the disboutique thread.

l can't imagine what you and your family must be going through right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so very sorry for your tremendous loss.

Dear Winkler Family,
As I learn about your tragedy, I am overwhelmed with sorrow and tears. I can't even begin to imagine the pain and heartache you are experiencing. While I know it is insufficient, I can't help but offer my heartfelt prayers for your family. May you feel the warmth of the prayers that envelope your family. You will be in my daily thoughts and prayers.
With deepest sympathy,

Alicia, Matt and family:

I am so terribly sorry for your tragic loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are experiencing right now. My pastor, who ironically we buried just today, used to read this poem at every funeral, and it has never failed to touch me:

I want no rites in a gloom-filled room
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little, but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love we once shared--
Miss me, but let me go.

For this is a journey we all must take
And each must go alone
It's all a part of the Maker's plan,
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick at heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing
good deeds--
Miss me, but let me go.

And for little Levi, our traditional Catholic song of farewell...

May the choirs of angels come to greet you.
May they speed you to paradise.
May the Lord enfold you in his mercy.
May you find eternal life.

prayers for peace, comfort, & quick healing in all regards.

Prayers and Hugs!

I will pray that god gives you the strength to carry on, little Levi is watching over you now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter