A thread for The Winkler Family and the loss of there 16 mo. old, Levi :(

heath-and-javens-mom

I love Rob Thomas & Disney World equally. Is that
I am starting this thread for a DIS friend of mine(AKsunshine-Alicia), She and her family were in a car accident on October 9th and sadley there 16 month old son, Levi, was tradgicly killed. Her and her husband are both still in the hospital suffering from head injuries. They had just returned from Disney world the week prior..Where I had the oppertunity to meet and talk with them at a DIS meet at POP, a GLOW party. They are a wonderful family and I am happy to report that there 5 year old daughter only substaned minor injuries. I pray that they fully recover from there injuries and can find the strength to go on after loosing such a precious baby. Please share your thoughts and prayers here on this thread......If you have already left a message for The winkler family in my TR, or her Tr please copy and paste it here.

Here is a picture of sweet baby Levi, with his sister Isabelle~~
clothes012.jpg

And here is the artical I found online regarding the tradgic accident....allthough it says the parents were released from the hospital, they have since then been reattmited at a different hospital......

BOY DIES AFTER ACCIDENT
October 09, 2007 - The 16 month old boy involved in an accident Sunday afternoon in Jasper has died. Jasper Police tell WITZ News, Levi Winkler died shortly after 10am Monday at Kosair Children's Hospital. He suffered injuries in a two vehicle accident at State Road 56 and St. Charles Street. His mother, Alicia, 26, and his father, Matthew, 27, suffered injuries and were first taken to Memorial Hospital then LifeFlighted to University Hospital in Louisville. U of L Hospital officials tell WITZ News Alicia and Matthew Winkler were discharged from the hospital this (Tuesday) morning. Isabella Winkler, 5, suffered only minor injuries. Adam Beier, 18, of Jasper ran the red light at State Road 56 and St. Charles and collided with the driver's side of Winkler's vehicle. Beier suffered a leg injury and was also charged with Disregarding an automatic traffic signal.

I didn;t even know you, but wanted to offer my deepest sympathy for yours and your family loss. I hope that God gives you strength to get thru this horrible tragedy, so you are able to go on and raise that beautiful daughter of yours.

God Bless:hug:

Dear Alicia,

It looks like your family arrived at WDW just before we left. I just read about your loss. I am so sorry. Tears and prayers and written words alone cannot express what we all feel for you and your family. My wife lost a daughter in her second year of life to the cancer our daughter has. She and I will pray for you and for Matt and Isabelle.

May God, Who holds the hearts of all in His Fatherly hands
Uphold what no human heart could do
May He Who weeps at the pain we bear
Convey His love to you

May love, in all who hold you dear
Overflow to comfort you
May you, who face a thing to large to see
Find grace to lead you through

May day which dawns
Where we feel should be no sun
Bring strength to do
What must be done

May you whose heart
Is full of love for Levi
Know that he is with you
Not only in the sky

For though the Father
Takes him to a world that's new
He leaves a part of him
To live with you

Amen :grouphug:

Dear Lord,
Please be with this family in their time of grief. We know that here on earth it is so difficult for us to put our minds around your reasons for taking our loved ones from us, especially at this age, but we need to rest assured that you had a purpose in taking this Little Levi home to be with you Lord. I thank you for his life here on earth and the many blessings he has broght to his family and all of those blessed enough to know and love him. I pray for his sister as she deals with her parents in the hospital and the loss of her brother. I pray for the two parents as they heal from their injuries. Lord, please allow them to heal . Allow them to remember him fondly until the day comes they will meet him again in Heaven. In your name we pray. Amen.

Lesley

Lord God, source and destiny of our lives, in Your loving providence You gave us Levi to grow in wisdom, age, and grace. Now You have called him to Yourself. We grieve over the loss of one so young and struggle to understand Your purpose. Draw him to Yourself and give him full stature in Christ. May he stand with all the angels and saints, who know Your love and praise Your saving will. Amen.

My deepest sympathy in the tragic loss of your little boy. My heart breaks for you and though I don't know you, I feel your pain. Please know there are a lot of good people out here on the DIS who are here for you if you need them.

God Bless you all in this time of sadness.

Alicia,
I am so :sad1: sorry for your loss

I cannot find the words...but I wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. May God be with you and your family...

Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way

Jenni

So sorry for your terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. May God give you the strength to get through each day, one day at a time. :grouphug:

Dear Lord,
I lift this family up in to you in prayer, before your holy throne. Lord, our hearts are so burdened by this tragedy, and we know to look to you for solace. I ask that you be with Alicia and her husband, as they begin the process of recovering/recuperating from their injuries. I thank you that Isabella did not suffer injuries during this wreck. Lord, head injuries are often so baffling to us, and I pray that you will guide their doctors and medical teams. Let them see clearly and grant them wisdom that they may treat these injuries in the best of possible ways. Lord, I pray for quick and complete recoveries for these parents, as they have so much to live for, while raising Isabella. I ask that you hold them in the palm of your hand, and carry them through this grief, as they deal not only with their own physical injuries, but with the horrific pain they must surely feel with the loss of precious baby Levi. Lord, we can't even begin to fathom how good can come from this, but we can trust your word, which says that you can bring goodness out of all things, for those who love you. I ask that you be with Isabella, as she grieves her baby brother, and while her parents recover. May there be such an outpouring of love, support and generiousity, that every need this family has at this time, be met without delay. I ask all of this in the name of our Saviour, Jesus. Amen.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am so sorry for your loss.
My heart goes out to you and your family.

Cindee

Dear Lord, I lift my voice to you, Oh Lord, because you are our Maker and our Creator and Sustainer. You have a design and a plan for each one of us. Yet in the aftermath of this great tragedy, we sit here weeping and praying for your strength, your Presence, your comfort. It it you, Oh Lord, we look toward and I pray for you to be with Levi's family until we can all be together again with you. I ask this in Jesus' name, Amen

Hey Alicia, I think of you many times throughout the day.....My heart is with you and Matt. I know its hard to have faith right now but this song has helped me threw some VERY hard times and I hope it can be somewhat of comfort to you somehow. God has a plan for each of us and i know that sometimes its so hard to understand why he does what he does but There is a reason. My heart is breaking for you, however I know that god has something very special in store for you and your family. ((HUGS))

Please click on the link to hear the song and see the video. XOXOXO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWo-mI98GFA

Alicia,

My heart aches for you, matt and Isabelle.... You are in my thoughts and prayers! If you need anything at all please feel free to email me or call if need be... Farrah has the #.... I pray God helps you and matt in your healing.

I found a poem today that I wanted to add...

Precious Son
by Joy Curnutt
God, I know you gave your precious Son
To give us life with You.
But I didn’t want my son to leave,
Cause he was precious too.
We all are precious in your eyes
And all to you return.
I know my son will not come back,
And I still have much to learn.
Our time on earth is for learning,
And when our lessons are through,
Our spirit chooses the time we leave,
And we come back to you.
My precious son is with you,
And there will be a day,
That I too will leave this earthly place,
And you will light my way.
I know your arms will be open,
And I will have a smile,
To see my God and precious son,
I will then become Your child.

Love ya girl!:grouphug:
Tanya

Alicia,

My heart sank when I heard of your tragedy. May God watch over Levi, such a beautiful child. May He provide strength to you, Matt, Isabelle and your family in the days to come. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Linda

Beautiful poem Tanya! I was just working on getting that link in my last post- a insperational song...I think of her hourly....I hope shes doing okay, I may try to call her tommrrow mid morning- Ill let you know if I hear anything​
!:goodvibes

Lord Jesus, our Brother and our Saviour,
welcome Levi into paradise.
Let him be with You in Your kingdom
and share for ever in the heavenly banquet,
where you are Lord for ever and ever.

Lord, whose ways are beyond understanding,
listen to the prayers of your faithful people:
that those weighed down by grief
at the loss of this little child
may we find reassurance in your infinite goodness.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

I am home in Heaven,dear ones; Oh, so happy and so
bright! There is perfect joy and beauty in this everlasting
light.

Although I didn't know you, my children are the same age. I will keep you in my prayers and pray the Lord will give peace somehow through this situation. God rest little Levi's soul. He is in a better place now. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. You will definately be in my prayers...May God give you strength.
Love in Christ--:hug:
http://www.gospelmusicnet.com/page4_html/real4/ground.ram
This is a song that a friend of mine wrote about his daughter that passed away.

Alicia, I cannot imagine the heartache you and your family are going through. I cannot add anything that has not been said. My heart breaks for you and my prayers are with you. May you find the strength to carry on and find reason in this tragedy. :hug:

Alicia, Matthew, and Isabella, my entire family's heart goes out to you during this unimaginable time. May God walk with you hand in hand through this. You will be our prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter