A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

Man I am definitely a victim of the hangry monster, it sucks because you know you're being crazy but its so hard to snap out of it! I'm glad lunch helped both the girls moods. I am hoping to eat at Sci Fi with DH in September. It wasn't my favorite food in Disney but I think the atmosphere is something that can't be missed! So hopefully DH will enjoy it!

I'm glad they cooked Morgan's burger good. Its crazy to me that people want to overcook burgers when that takes away all the flavor....crazy lol

That stinks that the pools were only open until 8! That seriously drives me crazy

It's def not one we would go to every trip. but We are not fans of most of those other sit down restaurants in HS.

I'm having the same problem. They need more choices in HS. I am interested in the new Woody BBQ.

Right?!? I mean I should get mother of the year. I will say, when I gave her the extra one, her face was priceless. So, It was worth it.

That's why we do it!

Glad to see the Chewy meet went a little smoother than the last time, and how great that you managed two back to back rides on Star Tours.

The glow cube math sounds logical to me. Gotta make sure you get one for each kid...:laughing:

I know Feb is one of the cooler months in Florida, but I agree the pools could do with an extra hour of operation at night. That 8 to 9 timeframe is perfect end of the night/before bed hour. :confused3

I made it back to catch up! So many reports to catch up on and so little time.......

I could have stood there and watched the etch-a-sketch for awhile. I loved it. the girls were a little less impressed by it.
I bought Ricky an etch-a-sketch when he was 5 or 6 because I loved mine; he was less than impressed lol. I think he used it 3x! Sad those simple toys aren't appreciated now!

This might have been my favorite thing in the whole land, I just loved that the pole was a straw! I don't know, it be just me but I thought it was amazing. Ha!
I have never noticed that but now will look for it in July :thumbsup2

Morgan noticed the giant Andy footprint all by herself! I was so proud!
Something else I never noticed; I think I do a good job a going slow and appreciating things other than rides in the parks but apparently not so much in TSL.

Gwen loved the area. We loved it. I know it wasn't much but it is nice to have the area. and was fun to explore!
These are the kinds of things that make Disney special :goodvibes the things you don't expect and that aren't "much" but still super fun.

Andy spoke "Wookie" to Chewy and they got there man hug on...
:laughing: That's perfect. As is the picture of Andy hugging Olaf; I don't know that Steve has ever hugged a character!

Really great day at HS, you got lots done with very little waiting. And nice to hear you enjoyed the QS at CBR, I've had a few clients stay there this year who said the same thing and I have a lot staying there the rest of the year. I hear good things about Sebastian's too.

A group of us ate at Sci Fi on May the 4th...well, duh, you know that! We met you coming right out of our lunch :) I had never eaten there before, but I thought it was nice! The theme is fun, and getting out of the heat into the A/C is perfect. Plus, I really enjoyed your motherly sacrifice of having a second drink, so both kids get a glow cube LOL I would do the same...oh, wait, I only have the one kid. :)

I really like spending an evening at the resort just relaxing, eating and going for a night swim. Did you try the Berry Shandy? I think that's the one I have tried that made think of Fruity Pebbles cereal!

Day Four: SpyGlass Breakfast

Today was our last full day at Caribbean Beach and I wanted to try the breakfast at SpyGlass before we moved to our next destination. We also decided not rush this morning and just get to the park before the end of our first fast pass finished.

Monday's Cheat Sheet
Here is our cheat sheet for the day. Animal Kingdom always seems to be the park that we don't plan on coming back and resting. It just feels too far way. It was EMH for Animal Kingdom today but we were ok skipping it.

Tinkerbell Gifts for Monday
Tinkerbell's Gifts for the day.

Checking Out Tink's Gifts
The girls ended up fighting over the bunny pin and I ended taking both away. Oh well.

I pulled up the menu for Spy Glass on the mobile app and took everyones orders. Then headed out to go pick it up. Morgan and Gwen decided to come with me.

On our Way to SpyGlass Grill
We were basically half way between SpyGlass Grill and the main area. So, the walk wasn't too bad.

Morgan & New Friend
There was a main road that we had to pass but we found the walkway under the road.

SpyGlass Grill
We made it to our destination. And I have to say, it was way busier than I expected it to be! And for the rooms around this area, it is a great addition! And they are pretty close to the gondolas. I am tempted to request that area when we were there in December.

We had to wait a little bit for our food but it finally came out. And we walked back to the room with our food.

Breakfast Yuca Hash
I ordered the Yuca Hash for me and Andy to share.
Breakfast Yuca Hash*
Roasted Yuca with Chorizo Redeye Gravy and a Sunny-Side Up Egg topped with Pico de Gallo, Cotjia Cheese and a Lime

Andy liked this better than me, but it was good. It needed more of the Gravy, which was really good. And maybe more lime squeezed on it. But it was filing and more than enough for me and Andy to share.

French Toast
Gwen ordered the kids French Toast.
French Toast
French Toast served with fresh Strawberries, Guava Syrup

This was ok. It was french toast. Gwen liked it and ate all of it.

Scrambled Eggs
Morgan ordered Scrambled Eggs. I think we got the adult serving as it came with bacon also. which Gwen ate.
Scrambled Eggs
served with Bacon, Crispy Potatoes and Yuca and Sunflower Multigrain Toast

I didn't eat any of this but Morgan ate all of it and was happy.

Bacon
Gwen's bacon in a cup, because it couldn't touch the french toast...

Croissant
I also got a plain croissant for us all to share. That I think I ended up eating the next morning.

I also ordered a good coffee as I was getting tired of the coffee in the room.
Caffè Americano
featuring Joffrey's Coffee®. A Coffee Drink prepared with Espresso and Hot Water, giving it a similar strength to, but different flavor from traditionally Brewed Coffee

This was good. And really nice to have "real" coffee.

This was another solid meal at Caribean Beach. We were pleased with both meals that we ended up eating here.

Up Next, would we make it to Animal Kingdom in time for our fast pass?

Also, I just realized that I didn't add the girls notes in for Day Three. I will do that next!

I got way behind.

The rest of your HS day like fun. The Chewy and Olaf pics are cute.

It's cool that the Star Tours line was short enough to ride twice. I wonder how long it'll get once SWGE opens...

The QS at CBR sounds really tasty, with lots of unique choices. Disney has really been upping their QS game.

Day Three: Morgan's Version

This morning my mom's alarm woke me up. So, we got changed and headed out. It took awhile but eventually a bus came and got us. Once we got there we headed straight to Toy Story land. The first ride we rode was Alien Saucers. Then Toy Story Mania.

After that we needed to go to Rock n' Roller Coaster to use our fast passes. Then we went to the Slinky Coaster. It was very fun. We even got to sit in the front. After that we had a while before our lunch so we decided to meet Chewbacca. My mom said that we would do Star Tours. But after instead we saw Olaf.
(clearly I wronged her)

Then after that we went to dinner place. It was the one where you sit in the car. Oh, I forgot that we meet Edna Mode on the way to Rock n' Rollercoaster. Anyway, after dinner, we did Star Tours twice.

The first time we used a fast pass. The second time we just waited in the stand by line. When we finished the second time, me and Gwen got our one thing for the day. She got an Ewok and I got a BB8. I named it BB4.
(this was because it was a small plush, half the size)

After all that we started going back to the busses. On our way back, my mom bought sunglasses and a hat. Soon the bus came and we were headed back. When we got back we just watched shows for awhile. Then we all got hungry. So we got dinner.

After we ate, we swam. My mom had brought the swim suits and googles to the pool. We went on the big slide alot. But eventually the line got too long so we went on the little slide a couple of times. After that we put our head under hte spout of water to make rain while the other played in it.

Soon it was 8:00, so we had to get out. We started walking back when my sister saw that the hamic was open. So, her and my mom stayed to play on there. So, me and my dad went back to the hotel. When my sister and my mom got back. My mom said that my sister accendently knocked on 3013 but we were in 3013.
(I forgot about that, she did but thankfully no one was in the room)

After that nothing happened so we went to bed.

Day Three: Gwen's Version

Hey! I'm up now, let's see what Tink gave us. She gave us cute Toy Story Shirts.

Now bus.

Yata Yata Boring stuff...

**5 Mintures later**

Now we're in again. I'm to lazy to write it down. SO the names of the rides is all you get.

First Alien Swirling Sauciers, then Toy Story Mania, then rollercoaster, then Slinky.

We meet Chewier, then Olaf.

THEN LUNCH TIME!!!

Than Star Tours 2 times. Now we go!

Night Night.

I don't understand why it is SO hard! I have this same problem both in Disney and out of Disney
Def not just a Disney problem. But def at Disney, they over cook the kids burgers, since they are smaller.

Oo that sounds delicious! Adding it to my list of CBR things to try in 22 days!
Def! And there was other options that I wanted to try. We were def pleases with the food options.

I am hoping to eat at Sci Fi with DH in September. It wasn't my favorite food in Disney but I think the atmosphere is something that can't be missed! So hopefully DH will enjoy it!
I feel like it is more about the atmosphere there, and the food is good. Not amazing but good.

The glow cube math sounds logical to me. Gotta make sure you get one for each kid...:laughing:
Glad I am not the only one! And really, Morgan did get excitied when I gave it too her. So it was worth it.

I know Feb is one of the cooler months in Florida, but I agree the pools could do with an extra hour of operation at night. That 8 to 9 timeframe is perfect end of the night/before bed hour. :confused3
I don't need it open super late but a little later would be nice. Plus the hot tubs close when the pool does. As an adult, (and not there with kids) I might be disapointed.

As is the picture of Andy hugging Olaf; I don't know that Steve has ever hugged a character!
Sometimes he does but not always.

Something else I never noticed; I think I do a good job a going slow and appreciating things other than rides in the parks but apparently not so much in TSL.
There is literally so much to look at in such a small area!

A group of us ate at Sci Fi on May the 4th...well, duh, you know that! We met you coming right out of our lunch :) I had never eaten there before, but I thought it was nice! The theme is fun, and getting out of the heat into the A/C is perfect.
I do know you were there! he he! I always just think that it's not going to be there forever.

LOL I would do the same...oh, wait, I only have the one kid. :)
Ha! I won't tell anyone.

Did you try the Berry Shandy? I think that's the one I have tried that made think of Fruity Pebbles cereal!
I did not and now I wish I had!!!!

It's cool that the Star Tours line was short enough to ride twice. I wonder how long it'll get once SWGE opens...
Seriously! The whole park is going to be intresting to see how things go once it opens. Like are the hard core fans going to do other things in the park or will they just do Star Wars land and then leave?

46657478964_4efd4773af_z.jpg

this is so cute! is this from an app or do you make them yourself? I love it

It took awhile but eventually a bus came and got us

Whew, I have shared this feeling. sometimes "eventually" feels like an eternity

I named it BB4. (this was because it was a small plush, half the size)

:rotfl: Love it! So clever

Hey! I'm up now, let's see what Tink gave us.

This girl, i love her, LOL!

:rotfl:

Now we're in again. I'm to lazy to write it down. SO the names of the rides is all you get.

very straightforward, LOL

THEN LUNCH TIME!!!

really relating to this being in all caps. Made me laugh since you said she was getting hangry...lunch time was serious business!!

I cannot love the girls' journal entries enough, they always make me smile

this is so cute! is this from an app or do you make them yourself? I love it
So, we make them just using Power Point. We set the size of the document to the size of whatever phone type you have. (just google it) And then I just search for images by using the name of what I want and png or no backround. And just work from there. I could send you one of my versions to get you started, if you wanted.

I usually make it my lock screen that day as well, so I can quickly see what time the next fastpass is.

really relating to this being in all caps. Made me laugh since you said she was getting hangry...lunch time was serious business!!

I cannot love the girls' journal entries enough, they always make me smile
I am glad they are enjoyable. And I learned some things as well! Sadly, Gwen only has one more installment and then she gave up. :( But Morgan kept with it longer.

Spy Glass Grille definitely looked like it had great options!

Love the girls journaling lol I hear so much of my sister in Gwen's writing. Must be a little sister thing!!

Today was our last full day at Caribbean Beach and I wanted to try the breakfast at SpyGlass before we moved to our next destination.
I clearly need to study up before we stay at CB because I was wondering where SpyGlas grill was

On our Way to SpyGlass Grill
We were basically half way between SpyGlass Grill and the main area. So, the walk wasn't too bad.
Looks like a nice walk by the water. I'm trying to figure how where we should try and stay on our trip. I'm thinking Barbados since we had such trouble on our last trip with buses in Trinidad (they'd fill up before they even got to us)

Breakfast Yuca Hash
I ordered the Yuca Hash for me and Andy to share.
Breakfast Yuca Hash*
Roasted Yuca with Chorizo Redeye Gravy and a Sunny-Side Up Egg topped with Pico de Gallo, Cotjia Cheese and a Lime
Yum! That is pretty adventurous and impressive for quick service. Looks great!

I also ordered a good coffee as I was getting tired of the coffee in the room.
Caffè Americano
featuring Joffrey's Coffee®. A Coffee Drink prepared with Espresso and Hot Water, giving it a similar strength to, but different flavor from traditionally Brewed Coffee
Yuca and good coffee? Sign me up!

I had to laugh as Gwen's notes could very well substitute for my tipsy notes, she just needs to work on making her spelling bad :P

Love the girls journaling lol I hear so much of my sister in Gwen's writing. Must be a little sister thing!!
I def think it is.

I clearly need to study up before we stay at CB because I was wondering where SpyGlas grill was
It is all the way at the far end. I have to assume that they put it there because they are the rooms the farthest away from the main buildings. There is also fountain soda machine there as well. I know you guys don't do the dinning plan or the refillable cups. But if you did, it makes it nice that there is one fairly close by.

Looks like a nice walk by the water. I'm trying to figure how where we should try and stay on our trip. I'm thinking Barbados since we had such trouble on our last trip with buses in Trinidad (they'd fill up before they even got to us)
So, Spyglass is at Trinidad. And the gondolas will be directly across from Trinidad. So, I don't know what they are going to do about which rooms are perferred. Martinique rooms will be the rooms the farthest from the gondolas.

We were building 33 in Barbados, and I think all of Martinque and Barbados are perferred rooms. We were in the rooms farthest from the main building in that area. The bus stop wasn't that bad at Barbados. We did walk down to the main depot one morning just to make sure that we got seats. But we didn't have a problem with getting on. But I do think one of the mornings, we skipped Trinidad completely because we were a full bus already.

I am not sure how the buses picked up on the other side. But I am thinking that Jamaica building 45 & 44 might be good standard room options. You can cut across the island to get to the main area, you will be close to the gondolas and possibly the first bus stop on that side?

I had to laugh as Gwen's notes could very well substitute for my tipsy notes, she just needs to work on making her spelling bad :P
This literally made me laugh out loud. I needed a could laugh this morning!

Day Four: Will we make it to FOP in Time?!

So, we finished our breakfast and got ready to go. I checked the app for the time for a bus. We rushed out to grab the next one. Once there, the time got pushed back by 5 mintues, and then another 5 mintures. And it just kept creeping back more and more and more. And then FINALLY a bus showed up! And then we got one and headed towards the next stop. And got completed back up in a mini traffic jam at the next stop.

Gwen on Bus
This photo is time stamped out at 9:24 AM.
There was a line of busses and a delivery truck of some sort at the next stop. And a TON of people waiting.

Journaling on the Bus
The girls passed the time with some journalling on the bus. And then this one is time stamped at 9:33

At this point I was getting super worried that we were going to miss our FOP fast passes! Thankfully, the ride isn't too far and we were there soon.

We pulled into Animal Kingdom at 9:49 AM. And we walked quickly towards the gates. Which we found a HUGE sea of people. And all I know, being Annual Passholders and having the seperate entrance was a HUGE Saving Grace!!!!

Walking into Pandora
We were walking over the bridge into Pandoa at 9:59 AM.

Floating Mountains
And walking under the Floating Mountains at 10:04 AM.

Waterfall
We made it by the skin of our teeth, but we scanned our bands with 3 mintures to spare!

Cave Symbol
We walked through the fast pass line on a high that made it!

Fast Pass Que for Avatar
The girls running ahead of us.

Getting Scanned
We made it into the scanning room at 10:11.

Finding a Match And got ourselves scanned to have our match!

Matched!
#8: Gwen
#7: Morgan
#6: Ariella
#5: Andy

I think the girls decided that Andy's Avatar was a girl.

Flight of Passage was so fun as always. It really is amazing.

After, the girls checked out the shop, Morgan wanted to get some more gems. But they had removed those. They actually seemed to have removed a few of the middle kiosks, probably to help with the flow of people walking through.

We tried to head out the back entrance but it was still blocked off with the over flow line for FOP. I got really annoyed by this, that we were going to have to walk all the way around. And I guess I said it loud enough for the people around could hear me. And a guy turned to me and said But your in Disney. And he was right. And I tried to just go with the flow.

Gwen & a Pod
Gwen wanted a picture with the pod on the way out.

Gwen & Andy at the Pod
And then Andy got in the picture as well. (Morgan had no desire to get in)

We made our way over to the Safari next. We got over there, and the standby line was way out into the main area. Thankfully, once we waded through the crowd, the fast pass line was fine.

We got the back row of the truck, which I don't think we had ever gotten before.

At first there really wasn't a lot of animals out but we did even up seeing lots of Giraffes, Elephants & White Rhinos!

Safair_Elephants

Safari_Elephants
I love Elephants! And a couple of our trips, none were out.

Safari Rhinos on the move White Rhinos coming towards us!

Safari Giraffes
And a baby giraffe!

After the Safari we decided we needed more food!

So, I use Flickr for my photos, and they did an update 2 days ago and it is acting very glitchy. Hopefully I can get this posted. We will see! And it did, I had to take a 3 hour break to get all the pictures I needed. So, this will be a short post.

Day Four: Snacks!!!

So, we decided we needed some more food. And Morgan had asked to get the big Mickey Cinnamon Roll last time we were here and we forgot to get it! So, we back tracked from the Safari to the Starbucks to full-fill her dream! Ha, ok not a huge dream but she did really want one.

Family Photo by Harambe
Of course, we stopped for a picture to torcure our pre-teen. (And apprarently Gwen as well)

Family Photo by Harambe Grrr
This actually ended up being a big pain. One guy walked into our shot. And then we asked to get Everest behind us. But I guess his zoom was set to only one setting. And then another family got in our picture!

Gwen decided she needed to go to the bathroom, so I took Gwen to the bathroom while Andy and Morgan got in line for the goodies.

Since we weren't in line, we just hung back and waited for them to come out of the line.
Gwen Starbucks Chair

The line wasn't too bad and soon Andy came out with the Morgan with this beauty!
Mickey Cinnamon Roll

Morgan & her Cinnamon Roll
Morgan was a happy customer!

BUT... then we made her wait and walk... with the cinnamon roll just taunting her...

I had a snack that I wanted.

We were headed to Mr. Kamal's for some of his fries! So good. The walk wasn't that bad, well depending on who you asked!

But we were able to grab a small table over there to sit down and eat. So, Andy and the girls sat down and I got in line to get some food.
Kamal's Fries & Dumplings
I ended up getting a soda, an order of the dumplings and an order of the fries.

I thought the girls might eat some of the dumplings but they refused to. But the dumplings were surprisingly good coming from a small stand. And the fries are always good! It is a weird combo for sure, but if you like all of the items, they are really good together.

Morgan fully enjoyed her cinnamon roll and I think Gwen had a little and a small container of pringles that she packed in her park bag. It was good to sit for a little bit but I think we ended up in a table in the sun, so I didn't want to sit too long. Plus we had one more fast pass to use!

And it was one that Gwen wasn't completely thrilled to use.

Here is our cheat sheet for the day. Animal Kingdom always seems to be the park that we don't plan on coming back and resting. It just feels too far way. It was EMH for Animal Kingdom today but we were ok skipping it.
You need to stay at AK one of these times! It makes a perfect resort-day place with all the kids activities and the fun, lush pool!

I named it BB4. (this was because it was a small plush, half the size)
Haha, well I've already named my future droid (who isn't going to be born for a week). I'll wait until I can do a proper "birth/build" announcement though!

**5 Mintures later**

OMG, I love Gwen's lack of caring! Very cute!

We tried to head out the back entrance but it was still blocked off with the over flow line for FOP. I got really annoyed by this, that we were going to have to walk all the way around. And I guess I said it loud enough for the people around could hear me. And a guy turned to me and said But your in Disney. And he was right. And I tried to just go with the flow.
It is annoying, but funny someone called you out!

Safari Rhinos on the move White Rhinos coming towards us!
Almost looks like they could be running at you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter