"A whole new world for you and me...but mostly me" PreTR (Almost there!!)

RAPstar

Proud Redhead
Hello and welcome!!

My name is Robbie, or Andy to some people on here (it's a long story). I'm pretty close to a month out from my upcoming trip, so I figured I should start my pre-TR, since it's become tradition to me start about a month out or so. I'll also be doing a separate TR for the Universal half of my trip, but it's only barely 3 days there, and Universal is so easy I barely need to do any planning, so I won't be doing a pre-TR. I'll post a link to my TR here when I do them both.

First thing's first: a face to go with the name

Recent pic:
46d5af55-814c-4d6d-8bf5-5cd695b49158_zpsda77bf1c.jpg

and just because I love him, my furbaby Draco (who's currently living with his "mim", my mom, cause with my work and such I don't get much time to be with him, so it's better for him there cause there are other dogs and my mom lives on a farm so lots of room to run and play):
0B8A5B95-3D36-47FA-B289-D500EB0BCB21_zpsdiyladip.jpg

So, to begin, I should say this will be my 7th trip to the Orlando area in 6 years? Once a year since 2008, not counting 2012 since I was living in California most of that year (but I did make it to Disneyland quite a few times).

I got the idea the end of last year to do a trip in June for my birthday, since I hadn't been that season since the early 2000's, and because it's my birthday!! Well, unfortunately that week was full at work so I couldn't get it off (we have to do all our requests for the year at one time, and then it's done by seniority, and there is a max. of 6 people allowed off from each site each day). So I was pretty much stuck with my May backup dates since we also have to use half of our vacation time before June, everything else was pretty much full.

I was quite bummed when my original plan fell through. So much so I had a crises of what I wanted to do. For some reason, not going on my birthday took the thrill out of going to Disney. I went back and forth over several ideas: Disney, Universal, NYC, Disneyland/California, a cruise. Several ideas. I then just decided to do just Universal so I could get my money's worth out of the AP I got last year for my HHN trip. But even that felt lackluster. But then I looked at the prices for Disney again, and I realized if I only did a few days at UO, and then switched to Disney, I'd end up saving $100 (thanks to a very good CM friend of mine who will stay with me while I'm Disney, 50% off!!).

Now that I had a plan I felt happy with, I planned my little heart out. Especially with all the new adventures I was going to have! I'd never been in May before, so it was the draw of Star Wars weekends and the Flower and Garden festival that were getting me excited. I also decided to do some tours in Epcot, the Behind the Seeds tour (which I kept saying I was gonna do every year but never seemed to make it), and the UnDISCOVERed Future World tour. I'm also gonna get my haircut at the barber shop on Main Street. Plus, when making ADR's, I made it a point to try to go to more restaurants I always looked at going to, but changed my mind about. Plus there was all the "excitement" of the Magic Bands and FP+ to figure out. I found out on here that CM tickets weren't elegible for FP+, and with all I was wanting to get done, I decided to purchase a one day MK ticket, and then I got a complimentary ticket through a hook up I have (shhhhh, it's a secret, lol).

My big thing this trip was to relax more, instead of hustling about the parks trying to get everything done. Which is why I am only uber-planning my MK and SWW days. It looks like I'll have 3 days at Epcot around the busy days, plus the 3 days at the start, to chill out some.

And so here we are. Almost a month out, and I finally have all my ADR's finalized (people on here know me for changing my mind...a lot. Like a lot a lot). Got FP+ for the experiences I want (including Anna and Elsa!! Yay!!). Now to just get there and hope that most of my plans go off well (the best laid plans as they say). And that's pretty much it. I'll update with my itinerary and other fun stuff between now and May!

As I finish here, I figured I'd share one more pic from one of my previous Disney trips, and my performance when I finally made it into the American Idol show. :goodvibes

176.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3jL-XsRxM

Hope y'all enjoy!! (oh, and I work nights, so I'll probably post more things at odd hours, just FYI, lol)

Looking forward to this one Robbie/Andy :thumbsup2

I think that's the first pic I've seen of Draco......surely not??

Waiting for more :wave2:

So I figured I'd post my full itinerary, cause it's pretty rare I have everything down this far in advance, and I haven't really changed anything in at least a week! (it's a miracle really). Now, with no further ado:

May 10th
  • leave work at 12:15am, bus to airport (cause if I went home, I wouldn't get there till 1am, and wouldn't be able to fall asleep till 2am, and I'd have to be up at 4am just to hope I make it to the airport on time)
  • Southwest, depart 6:10am, layover in NOLA 7:30 to 8am
  • Arrive MCO 10:40am
  • Mears to Cabana Bay
  • Explore new Cabana Bay Resort
  • dinner Antijitos, or somewhere in CityWalk
  • Mardi Gras if I get picked for parade (used my AP to sign up to be a bead tosser)

May 11th
  • early entry to HP, breakfast 3 Broomsticks(?)
  • tour IOA, maybe hop to the studios for a bit
  • lunch wherever
  • dinner Margaritaville

May 12th
  • early entry to HP
  • breakfast at 3 Broomsticks/early lunch in Springfield
  • head to studios for opening
  • dinner Finnegan's
  • try to see nighttime show if playing

May 13th
  • Leave Cabana Bay 5:30am
  • Get to Pop around 6, check in, prioritize MK ticket on Magic Band
  • head to Contemporary
  • 7:30am The Wave
  • walk to Contemporary (move car if absolutely necessary. Not trying to skip parking fees, friend driving is a CM and gets free parking anyway)
  • FP 9:05-10:05 Anna and Elsa
  • maybe try for mine train (if open), if not ride whatever
  • 11:30 haircut at Harmony Barber Shop
  • snack/light lunch
  • FP 12:45-1:45 Thunder Mountain
  • FP 1:20-1:50 Be Our Guest
  • Parade 3:00pm
  • FP 3:30-4:30 Space Mountain
  • 9:45 Celebrate the Magic
  • 10:00pm Wishes fireworks
  • 11:00pm Main Street Electrical Parade
  • Still have to fit in: Haunted Mansion, Tiki Room, Splash Mountain; maybe Pirates, Philharmagic, and Little Mermaid

May 14th
  • Epcot
  • 7:30 Cape May Cafe @ Beach Club (drive there)
  • 9-10 check out FP+ kiosk, single rider Test Track, maybe ride Living with the Land before tour
  • 10:30am Behind the Seeds
  • after tour, try for other rides (Spaceship Earth, Nemo, Maelstrom)
  • head for World Showcase, try to catch France, Canada, and/or China's films. Maybe American Adventure as well. And the Agent P game
  • snack at Flower & Garden food booths, if hungry
  • exit International Gateway, walk to Beach Club (4:30?)
  • 5:30 Chef's Wine Tasting meal @ Flying Fish
  • Illuminations @ 9pm

May 15th
  • Epcot
  • take character meal bus in morning or drive, to make it to tour (check in at 8:45)
  • 9:00am Undiscovered Future World (4 hours)
  • 2pm Le Cellier (for soup)
  • explore World Showcase
  • 4pm Garden Grill
  • do whatever, snack at food booths if hungry
  • 9pm IllumiNations

May 16th
  • Hollywood Studios for Star Wars Weekends
  • get to park around 6:30/7am
  • head for Chewbacca meet, then Darth Vader and Darth Maul
  • 11:10 50's Prime Time
  • FP 10:10-11:10 Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
  • FP 2:05-3:05 ToT
  • meet more characters, hit merch store around 3, maybe see one of the SW behind the scene shows
  • FP 4:20-5:20 Star Tours
  • 5:20 Star Wars character meal @ Hollywood & Vine
  • after dinner, meet any last characters without huge waits, or reride Tower or something
  • Fireworks at 9:45 pm (try and get spot around 8:30, or slightly earlier)
  • Fantasmic at 10:30

May 17th
  • 7:30 Ohana @ Polynesian
  • head to Epcot
  • 1:05 Biergarten
  • leave for Pop right around 3(?)
  • ME to MCO (leave around 4? Be at airport no later than 5pm)
  • Fly home 6:35pm

If they ever officially announce the opening of the Mine Train, and/or release FP+ for it, I will try to change my Thunder Mountain FP+ for it. Maybe. That's the only thing I may change. Though we'll have to see after Disney announces more info for SWW.

So I figured I'd post my full itinerary, cause it's pretty rare I have everything down this far in advance, and I haven't really changed anything in at least a week! (it's a miracle really). Now, with no further ado:

nwahaha! I'm a betting woman, know you'll tweak it between now & then...planning is half the fun & the best way to experience great WDW trip :thumbsup2

pretty sure gramma is enjoying spoiling the heck out of dracco

you will love StarWars weekend! What celeb is there your dates?

nwahaha! I'm a betting woman, know you'll tweak it between now & then...planning is half the fun & the best way to experience great WDW trip :thumbsup2

pretty sure gramma is enjoying spoiling the heck out of dracco

you will love StarWars weekend! What celeb is there your dates?

They haven't put out the list of celebs yet, besides the host and Mark Hamil.

Following along!

Loved your American Idol video.... you're very good!
And, Draco.... such a cutie patootie! :goodvibes

Ok, made a few cosmetic changes, and one not so cosmetic. I've been going back and forth on where I want to eat on my first Epcot day (since I'll be solo). I changed my mind every few days. I thought I had finally made up my mind (ha!), but I was looking today and saw an opening for the Chef's Wine Tasting meal at Flying Fish, so I jumped on it! It's a bit pricey ($157 and change), but (unless things changed) food and wine is covered, so for that day at least, I don't have to worry as much about having a lil extra set aside if I want an adult beverage, plus I get to have a really nice experience (let's hope I don't get too sweaty at the park beforehand). Yay!!!

Ok, made a few cosmetic changes, and one not so cosmetic. I've been going back and forth on where I want to eat on my first Epcot day (since I'll be solo). I changed my mind every few days. I thought I had finally made up my mind (ha!), but I was looking today and saw an opening for the Chef's Wine Tasting meal at Flying Fish, so I jumped on it! It's a bit pricey ($157 and change),

Oooooh nice!! I can't wait to hear about that! I think it'll be money well spent! And to be able to do something you haven't done yet.... priceless!

Ok one more little change to the itinerary. For now at least. I swear if I could turn my brain off, making up my mind would be a lot easier. I'm too much of an over-thinker. Also, trying to think of stuff I can update this with until my trip gets closer. Any ideas?

Oh, and in case anyone missed it, the title of my pre-TR/TR is definitely a slight reference to Book of Mormon the musical. I'm a nerd like that, lol.

Yay!! Got a FP+ for Be Our Guest for 1:30-2. I guess I'll do lunch there and snack for dinner if I get hungry. So excited!!

Subscribing! Looking forward to hearing about SWW...and also because Draco is so freaking adorable :goodvibes

Subscribing! Looking forward to hearing about SWW...and also because Draco is so freaking adorable :goodvibes

lol thanks. I miss the stinky guy, but I know he loves it at my mom's farm. I go and visit when I can (it's two hours outside of Dallas).

Ok, so I had a mental crisis and changed quite a bit around. I won't update the itinerary anymore though, so you'll just have to wait and be surprised! lol

Also, is it wrong that I'm really, really looking forward to my hair cut at the barbershop? I'm "saving" getting it done till then, and I'm pretty shaggy. I didn't mind it so much till now. I want it off!! lol

It's not wrong! I think my DH and son would love it, but my DH never wants to take the time while he's there, he always wants it out of the way and it's cut prior to leaving on vacation.

Take a before and after pic that day!

I count 3 changes??? Only 3?

Sounds good so far.........like the pic too :thumbsup2

:wave2: I stopped by to see how your plans are coming along. Everything looks great so far ... duly noted warning: subject to change without notice! :good vibes

:wave2: I stopped by to see how your plans are coming along. Everything looks great so far ... duly noted warning: subject to change without notice! :good vibes

I count 3 changes??? Only 3?

Sounds good so far.........like the pic too :thumbsup2

Oh, there's been more than 3. I just have up updating the itinerary I posted cause it seemed every time I turned around I was fixing something. I may repost it right before I leave. Hopefully it doesn't change any more than now. Cross your fingers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter