A wish for a special little girl! Catherine's Make a Wish trip! May 17th-23rd, 2010

What wonderful big gives. Everthing looks grand and happy children.This week looks busy for you ,hope it flies by,well at least until Sunday that's our first park day. A late happy mothers day.

Hi my name is Tina and im a mother of 4 kids 2 boys and 2 girls my son keith is our make a wish kid. We are driving from ohio to flordia on june 11th i have been trying to get money up to buy them some stuff for the trip to make it more specail but we dont have the money right now to do any of that. I have heard some much about the big give is there a way for me to be involed i will give back ill do the big give to another family when we get back please help

I am subscribing, how exciting for you all to be going on your wish trip! I can't wait to read all about it, THANK YOU for sharing your family with us all!

Blessings,
Judy

What wonderful big gives. Everthing looks grand and happy children.This week looks busy for you ,hope it flies by,well at least until Sunday that's our first park day. A late happy mothers day.

Okay...so starting Sunday if I could have a few extra hours in my day that would be great! Does that work for you? :lmao: I'm sure you wouldn't mind a few extra hours in the parks! Where are you staying?

Hi my name is Tina and im a mother of 4 kids 2 boys and 2 girls my son keith is our make a wish kid. We are driving from ohio to flordia on june 11th i have been trying to get money up to buy them some stuff for the trip to make it more specail but we dont have the money right now to do any of that. I have heard some much about the big give is there a way for me to be involed i will give back ill do the big give to another family when we get back please help

Hi Tina, YOu must be getting so excited...your trip is coming up very quickly! I don't select people for the big give. I posted this in the Wish Trippers thread also, but on the first page of that thread, there is information about the Big Give.

I am subscribing, how exciting for you all to be going on your wish trip! I can't wait to read all about it, THANK YOU for sharing your family with us all!

Blessings,
Judy

THanks for following along, Judy! We are so excited, it's almost not quite real, but boy come next Monday...we are on our way to Disney!!

Okay...so starting Sunday if I could have a few extra hours in my day that would be great! Does that work for you? :lmao: I'm sure you wouldn't mind a few extra hours in the parks! Where are you staying?

Cornado Springs. Can't wait. A few extra hours for you would work for me since it's the Flower and Garden shows last day I have to rush to see everything.Your so close to leaving now. Are you to excited to sleep yet?

Ok! Enough of my sulking!!! We have decided to surprise the kids with a Christmas trip instead of even attempting to go in July. Sounds great to me and I have air conditioning! :thumbsup2

I love all the new Big Give stuff and your plans look pretty rocking! Hope you got lots done today and even got some packing done. I have a habit of packing WAY early. DH thinks I am nuts..... :lmao: (Imagine that... me? Nuts? never!) Really- we are leaving for SC on the 21st, and I am already thinking about packing.... obsessed? maybe... practical? yes! :goodvibes

And I LOVE the scrapbook you got in your Give!!! I am a bit of a scrap booking junkie... love it! :cool1:

Ok! Enough of my sulking!!! We have decided to surprise the kids with a Christmas trip instead of even attempting to go in July. Sounds great to me and I have air conditioning! :thumbsup2

I love all the new Big Give stuff and your plans look pretty rocking! Hope you got lots done today and even got some packing done. I have a habit of packing WAY early. DH thinks I am nuts..... :lmao: (Imagine that... me? Nuts? never!) Really- we are leaving for SC on the 21st, and I am already thinking about packing.... obsessed? maybe... practical? yes! :goodvibes

And I LOVE the scrapbook you got in your Give!!! I am a bit of a scrap booking junkie... love it! :cool1:

I knew you'd be back!! :hug: I'm glad you are planning another trip! Christmas!! :woohoo: John asked last night if we could go back to Disney at Christmas. We asked him if we could at least go now, first, and then decide about Christmas!:rotfl:

I knew you'd be back!! :hug: I'm glad you are planning another trip! Christmas!! :woohoo: John asked last night if we could go back to Disney at Christmas. We asked him if we could at least go now, first, and then decide about Christmas!:rotfl:

You go once, then you're hooked!!! :goodvibes You'll love it and want to go back. It won't be quite the same, because your trip has been made soooo special with the Big Give and even better- staying at GKTW!!! You won't be able to beat that! At least you can visit it when you go next time. :thumbsup2

DH may grumble and whine about me and all my planning and wanting to go every 6 months, but I know he likes it! Or at the very least, tolerates my addiction. Heck, we've only been once as a family, so he can't say too much. I also want to take Aleks to the Harry Potter thing in Feb 2011 for her 10th birthday, so it won't even be 6 months b/t trips now! lol.... :rotfl2: Poor hubby!

I've been lurking and enjoying all your preparations! I can't wait to read about your trip!! Have a wonderful time!!

As for all of you big give dis'ers, you rock!!!

Laura,

Ahhhhh finally I'm caught up! I promised myself to catch up on one PTR and one TR a day and today YOU were the PTR! And just in time as you are just about to leave!! You must be so excited :goodvibes

The Big Give has been amazing! I've so enjoyed all the pictures of all the goodies. I specifically like to oooh and ahhhh over the dresses! So cute............the girls look beautiful. I hope they will be able to wear them all?????

What a wonderful dinner the Wish granters set up for you! Another great way to mark the very special nature of this trip.

Beautiful pictures of Carmella on her special day. Nicholas had his First Communion on Saturday as well. Matty was hysterical saying that he looked like he was going to work! He did:rotfl:

Anyway...........the final countdown is on! Time to get to all that packin'!!!!

I've been lurking and enjoying all your preparations! I can't wait to read about your trip!! Have a wonderful time!!

As for all of you big give dis'ers, you rock!!!

Thank you for stopping by and following my PTR! We are getting so excited, and it's coming up very quickly!!! I take it by the RN that you are a nurse...I worked with a travel nurse named Sunny/Sunnie here in DC several years ago. I'm sure there are lots of nurses with that name, but it was just a random memory that hit me when I saw your name. Anyway...yes the Big Give is just incredible!!

Laura,

Ahhhhh finally I'm caught up! I promised myself to catch up on one PTR and one TR a day and today YOU were the PTR! And just in time as you are just about to leave!! You must be so excited :goodvibes

The Big Give has been amazing! I've so enjoyed all the pictures of all the goodies. I specifically like to oooh and ahhhh over the dresses! So cute............the girls look beautiful. I hope they will be able to wear them all?????

What a wonderful dinner the Wish granters set up for you! Another great way to mark the very special nature of this trip.

Beautiful pictures of Carmella on her special day. Nicholas had his First Communion on Saturday as well. Matty was hysterical saying that he looked like he was going to work! He did:rotfl:

Anyway...........the final countdown is on! Time to get to all that packin'!!!!

Hey Pamela! I'm glad to see you here! So, I was the PTR of the day, huh? Too bad I don't have any time to post this week...what a crazy schedule! The Big Give, the wish party...it has all been amazing.

Yes...the First Communion...little brides and their workaholic husbands! :lmao:

Hi there,
Just stumbled across your post from the Design Board and am amazed with your post. I am so happy for your family. How exciting with the Big Give packages. Just made my day to see how wonderful people can be. (sent you a PM about the invites you were looking for).

I noticed you had questions about your trip. My kids are 8 and 5. Actually my DS had his communion the same day as Carmella. She looked beautiful.

For Star Wars weekends - you are going to love this. We went early before the park opened. The storm troopers were ontop of the Hollywood Studios entrance. If you can get there early it is really worth it. We went in 2008 and they also had a dance off with the characters. If you go on Youtube just put Star Wars weekends/Stormtroopers Disney etc. The Dance off was later in the day. We just stumbled across it. I don't know who had more fun - us or the kids. Your son can also make his own lightsaber at the store that is connected to the Star Wars ride. They also have a build your own lightsaber at Downtown Disney. We actually made ours at Downtown Disney, since SWW can be busy and we wanted him to enjoy the experience. (The Darth Maul lightsaber only lights up on one end - and may be difficult to pack).

For BBB I took pictures of my DD before heading into BBB. Then when we came out I took pictures in the same spot. (Before and after). For your son if he is going to the Pirate thing make sure your bring cold creme to get the paint off. I haven't done it yet, but from reading posts it is hard to get off and with cold creme it comes right off.

One of the tips I learned from our first trip was to go to the Dollar Store and get a bunch of gallon zip lock bags. For each day I took a gallon zip loc bag and with a Sharpie Marker I wrote the name and date on the bag. Inside the bag I put socks, underwear, hair ribbons and outfit for the day. I would toss the kids their bag and they would start to get themselves dressed. I also knew the kids matched. Then I would reuse the ziploc for that day... I would grab the park map and put it inside along with putting my cell phone in the bag so it wouldn't get wet on rides.

Have a wonderful trip - can't wait to read all about it!

Your daughter is beautiful in her first communion dress. My 9 year old sang in the choir this year for her school's first communion class. It was fun to remember her special day. I can't believe it was 2 years ago!

I love the Big Give outfits. How is your packing going? You leave in 4 days! Have a fabulous trip! :wizard:

Hi there,
Just stumbled across your post from the Design Board and am amazed with your post. I am so happy for your family. How exciting with the Big Give packages. Just made my day to see how wonderful people can be. (sent you a PM about the invites you were looking for).

I noticed you had questions about your trip. My kids are 8 and 5. Actually my DS had his communion the same day as Carmella. She looked beautiful.

For Star Wars weekends - you are going to love this. We went early before the park opened. The storm troopers were ontop of the Hollywood Studios entrance. If you can get there early it is really worth it. We went in 2008 and they also had a dance off with the characters. If you go on Youtube just put Star Wars weekends/Stormtroopers Disney etc. The Dance off was later in the day. We just stumbled across it. I don't know who had more fun - us or the kids. Your son can also make his own lightsaber at the store that is connected to the Star Wars ride. They also have a build your own lightsaber at Downtown Disney. We actually made ours at Downtown Disney, since SWW can be busy and we wanted him to enjoy the experience. (The Darth Maul lightsaber only lights up on one end - and may be difficult to pack).

For BBB I took pictures of my DD before heading into BBB. Then when we came out I took pictures in the same spot. (Before and after). For your son if he is going to the Pirate thing make sure your bring cold creme to get the paint off. I haven't done it yet, but from reading posts it is hard to get off and with cold creme it comes right off.

One of the tips I learned from our first trip was to go to the Dollar Store and get a bunch of gallon zip lock bags. For each day I took a gallon zip loc bag and with a Sharpie Marker I wrote the name and date on the bag. Inside the bag I put socks, underwear, hair ribbons and outfit for the day. I would toss the kids their bag and they would start to get themselves dressed. I also knew the kids matched. Then I would reuse the ziploc for that day... I would grab the park map and put it inside along with putting my cell phone in the bag so it wouldn't get wet on rides.

Have a wonderful trip - can't wait to read all about it!

First, thank you so much for the BBB and CRT invites! They are fantastic, and I'm sure they will make the day for the kids. Oh my goodness, what helpful tips you've offered! We are so excited about SWW...so I hope that we get some advantage for being a MAW family, but I'm not counting on it. We'll definitely get to DHS early on Friday!

I am trying to get the outfits bagged up for the kids, and I love your ideas for re-using the bags!! :goodvibes

Your daughter is beautiful in her first communion dress. My 9 year old sang in the choir this year for her school's first communion class. It was fun to remember her special day. I can't believe it was 2 years ago!

I love the Big Give outfits. How is your packing going? You leave in 4 days! Have a fabulous trip! :wizard:

Packing??? I'm trying!! I have to go on an overnight with the Brownie troop tomorrow, so I'm working on packing for both trips...and getting ready for the kids to have a babysitter tonight as DH and I have a party to go to. :scared1: I'm pulling my hair out with all I need to accomplish!! I guess there's always Sunday at this point!

Just checkin in.....

4 More Days!!!!

:thumbsup2:cool1::dance3::yay::cheer2::flower3::thumbsup2:cool1::dance3::yay::cheer2:

We're still here...but not for long!!! :cool1::cheer2::cool1: Thanks for checking in!! I'm sure I'll pop in on Sunday to say goodbye!!

Things are just nuts around here. We are expecting a beautiful weekend, which means all of the things that normally keep our weekends busy, will go on as scheduled...leaving even less time for packing! I've been working on some SW t-shirts for John and our two friends who are going to be at Disney with us. They turned out so cute! I can't believe the time is just about here. We are SO excited!! :goodvibes:cheer2:

We are going the same time! I'm getting there one day ahead of you! But anyways if you see a adult (seriously!) running around the parks with Stitch Ears on that's me! Haha.

I'm so glad your Catherine got her wish granted and what a lovely little girl!

We are going the same time! I'm getting there one day ahead of you! But anyways if you see a adult (seriously!) running around the parks with Stitch Ears on that's me! Haha.

I'm so glad your Catherine got her wish granted and what a lovely little girl!

I will keep my eyes open for your Stitch ears! Thanks for stopping in here!

We're on our way in the morning!!

I am getting there with the packing. Shouldn't be up too late if I keep up the pace I have been at. The kids are all organized, and now it's just DH and myself. I do need to go through the kids activity bags and make sure they are organized, but otherwise we are ready for Disney World!!! See you all in a week...I doubt I will get on here to post again tonight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter