A Year of Magic - new Annual Pass Pre-Trip Plans

Cynner

DIS Veteran
We're heading back to Disney after a 4 year break. Son is now 13, and will turn 14 during the year. We bought Annual Passes in June (luckily got pre-price increase passes from Sam's Club after the price increase) and will activate them when we arrive for our first trip. Our usual travel team is just the three of us, me, DH and DS13/14. But we will be meeting up with Grammie & partner who live nearby on a couple trips, and are going with and planning for friends with us on 3 of our trips. Total, we'll be going to WDW 7 times during our annual passes! We live in Maryland and drive down for all of our trips, pulling all night drives usually on a Friday night, arriving around noon on Saturday.

Below is us on one of our trips during our last annual passes in 2014/2015 at the Halloween Party. Guess who our favorites are? :)

Plan 1: November 16 - 21: Hilarious planning mistake on the very first trip already! Due to my son being in 8th grade, we were trying to go to Disney during all of his school vacations except one trip. But somehow, I made a major mistake about what day Thanksgiving fell on this year! I placed and confirmed DVC point rental before even realizing that I was planning for the wrong week!! So we're going the week BEFORE Thanksgiving. Of course the good side is the parks are much less crowded (got 2 and 3 crowd level days on the trip!!) vs Thanksgiving's crowds. But as my son can only be out of school 5 days 'unexcused' per term, I have to plan carefully for the rest of the year. But - I got Beach Club reservations! So not bad at all!
11/16 - We'll hit town, go straight to Disney Springs to activate our Annual Passes and get our Tables in Wonderland card. We'll grab burgers from D-Luxe and go check into our room. Have reservations for Oga's at 6pm, so going into HS with fastpasses at Muppet, RnRC and Star Tours all before Oga's. Then we'll see how the lines for MF are, and if crazy, will just head to our room to catch up on sleep.
11/17 - Early morning in HS w/ EMH. We'll eat breakfast in our room and head out early for Rope Drop at HS. Mid day break to the room and the pool - at Beach Club, gotta have pool time! Afternoon/Evening we have FPs in Epcot for Turtle Talk, Soarin' and Living with the land (may or may not bother with the Tier 2s), then off to eat and drink around the world some. Have ADRs at La Hacienda de San Angel at 7:45 to wait for a window seat for Epcot Forever for the first time.
11/18 - Grammie 1 and Grammie 2 are meeting up with us for MK. Intend to Rope Drop, then have FPs for Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan & Space mountain, late lunch ADR at Crystal Palace. Intend to leave the park before fireworks and watch them from the Transportation center to avoid the crowds w/ a scooter.
11/19 - Grammie 1 & 2 still with us, into Epcot, Rope drop at the International Gateway for Frozen, FP for Test Track, Spaceship Earth and Figment; Via Napoli Eat to the Beat Lunch, mid-day go swim/nap, back into the park for Eat to the Beat w/ D'Capella.
11/20 - Hollywood Studios w/ G1 & 2, FP for Star tours, Muppet vision and Slinky Dog; ADRs for Savi's! and Oga's, then Dessert Party reservations for Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam!
11/21 - 'Check out day', but as we're not leaving Orlando yet, still plan a full day in a park - Animal Kingdom w/ G1&2 - Rope drop for Navi River journey, FP for Filimanjaro Safari, Expedition Everest and Flight of Passage!; River's of Light Dining Package reservation at Tiffins.
Big expensive trip!

Plan 2 - Christmas in WDW! December 21 - 26 - At Polynesian Deluxe DVC Studio. Very different style of plan due to crowds.
12/21 - Drive into town, Trail's End Brunch ADR, MK for the afternoon, back to Poly for ADR dinner at Kona and fireworks from the beach. Early to bed.
12/22 - EMH into HS, but back out around 10:30a - may try for RotR, Swimming no matter how cold it is ;P or movie; Disney Springs in the afternoon, ADR at Chef Art Smith's w/ Grammie 1 &2 (FL AP's, can't get into parks over holidays), Wilderness Lodge Sleigh ride at 8:30p
12/23 - EMH into AK - in and out by 10:45a - jump to Boma for last Breakfast serving. Visit AK Christmas tree, get pastries from Mara; Trader Sam's @ Poly at opening, swim/relax, Epcot into evening for Holiday storytellers. ADR at Spice Road Table and one FP+ (Soarin' most likely) to see Epcot Forever.
12/24 - Christmas Eve - Hollywood studios - Lunch w/ Minnie at Hollywood & Vine, leave park around 2:30p. Rest/relax, visit Contemporary for tree & decorations on the way to MK. Dessert Party w/ Plaza view.
12/25 - Christmas Day - Breakfast w/ Stitch @ 'Ohana's, into Epcot, Lunch at Garden Grill for Candlelight Processional. Some FPs and Christmas Storytellers. Via Napoli for favorite Pizza, Candlelight Processional.
12/26 - Check out, but still in Orlando, so half day at least; MK at Rope Drop, Late breakfast at Plaza; see parade, see if Aunt Polly's is open!, head to Grand Floridian to see decorations and ADR at 1900 Park Fare.

Plan 3 - Feb 10 - Feb 15. Will have driven up on Feb 8, so will be heading to parks right away on Monday. Grammie 1 & 2 will be doing much of the parks with us. As it's a lower crowd, not doing as many in park ADRs. But we have TiW, so almost rather get a TS and eat light. Staying at a Boardwalk Studio Villa.
2/10 - STK lunch for Burgers!, Epcot, Via Napoli dinner ( Every trip, I meant it!),
2/11 - MK - Grammie 1 & 2 going with us - Late lunch at Jungle Navigation Co for 5; California Grill at 8p (tried to get it a bit earlier, but figure can watch fireworks - then eat),
2/12 - HS - w/ G1&2, Oga's Cantina for breakfast (for cinnamon roll things) - may cancel to focus on RotR, Sci-Fi Dine in for late lunch. Flying Fish for dinner.
2/13 - AK - No ADRs planned, late dinner at Artist's Point Story Book Dining
2/14 - Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno Bon Voyage - Hand off DS to G1&2! - Date day w/ DH in Epcot, romantic dinner at Takumi-Tei.
2/15 - Rope drop AK w/ just DH, out for late bunch at Old Key West Olivia's Cafe before heading to G1&2's for the night and to get DS.

Plan 4 - Easter! April 9-12 - Fast trip, my DS's Spring break is very short ;( Staying at Bay Lake Tower studio villa with a Park view (wasn't going to splurge for that, as I've gotten into the Top of the World lounge before, but have gotten a number of comments that non-DVC owners aren't supposed to have access, and didn't want to risk it during Easter).
4/9 - Comtempo Cafe for Lunch, Likely into Epcot and Via Napoli ADR, quick spin around Festival
4/10 - Rope drop MK, Wave for late breakfast, Hs or Epcot, pending crowds and ADR
4/11 - Rope drop AK, ADR at Grand Floridian - maybe Cafe for TiW cheap steak - check out Easter decorations; swimming; Epcot or Mk for late night.
4/12 - Easter - Rope drop MK - Hopeful ADR for California Grill Brunch; spend night at Grammie 1 & 2 and drive home on Monday

Plan 5 - June 10-16 - Celebrating our best friend's anniversary with them at WDW. Still working on DVC reservation, been trying for Beach club 2 bedroom villa, but am at 8 mths out now, so am executing contingency plans. We've made reservations at Port Orleans French Quarter, and are working on putting in a split stay between Beach Club and Bay Lake Towers. If we only get one of those, than we'll use part of the French Quarter reservations. My son *may* be out of school, or if there's lots of snow, we may be taking him out - so had to plan accordingly. (hate how late school runs!). Specific parks will be adjusted based on ADRs, hotels and crowd levels, so we're into very rough planning here. My friends have until early Dec to make up their mind about our ADRs, but they did commit to Via Napoli! ;) Will also be doing a Star Wars Dessert Party.
Jun 10 - Driving in - Probably HS in the evening - maybe Oga's, maybe late late night at MK
June 11 - Epcot morning and MK evening
June 12 - Splitting the party - Friends are going to HS for their anniversary, and we'll do MK EMH morning and Epcot evening.
June 13 - (Possibly splitting hotels) AK morning, MK evening
June 14 - HS/AK
June 15 - AK/MK or HS
June 16 - Check out and head home

Plan 6 - August - Dates TBD - Dependent on when my son starts back to school. Likely to be my only offsite or combination trip for the year. Looking at taking another family with us and sharing a house. Looking at more After Hours tickets and flexibility not so dependent on 60 day fastpast reservations. Will likely to a few days in the park just for the family to, want to move to Wilderness lodge as I never have yet. Will likely be here for 2 weeks.

Plan 7 - October 30 - Nov 6 - Another friend trip, including 3 families (2 families of 3, one of 2) - 8 people total. Going to put in for a Grand Villa at Animal Kingdom Jambo House w/ Savanna view, then moving to Beach Club to a 2 bedroom for 3 nights as the group size changes to 6. 3 of our party will have normal 1 day park tickets, so no park hoping this time. Park days subject to change based on crowd levels, EMH, ADRs etc.
Oct 30 - Arrival - Likely to go watch Golf Cart parade at Wilderness Campgrounds
Oct 31 - Bowling, Trick or Treating
Nov 1 - Mini Golf, Halloween Party @ MK
Nov 2 - AK
Nov 3 - HS
Nov 4 - MK
Nov 5 - EP
Nov 6-8 - Move Hotel and have final couple of days with just our family as our last trip on our AP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter