A YOU Worth Fighting For | January 2016 Weight Loss & Better Living Challenge

Any MFP information would be great. I only know how to track my food so far. I don't know about connecting with people and what it means? New to the app and trying to figure it all out before tomorrow. LOL. MFP user name is madamedisney if anyone wants to become friends on there. Thanks

What are you going to let go of as we make this transition? I'm curious to hear your thoughts! I'll check in tonight as I'm able but I will definitely be back tomorrow morning with our first QOTD for 2016!

I've been through, looked at, learned from, and packed up all the disasters of my 2015 and I'm ready to drop that baggage into a volcano as I go into a new year. I've been putting so much thought into this since my b-day back in November. That's when my transition into a new year started.

Happy New Years everyone!!!!!!!

Something for everyone to think about as we leave behind 2015 and wake up with to a brand new chapter tomorrow morning (THOUGH! @Flossbolna isn't it 2016 for you already?!)...

index-jpg.142391

What are you going to let go of as we make this transition? I'm curious to hear your thoughts! I'll check in tonight as I'm able but I will definitely be back tomorrow morning with our first QOTD for 2016!

I am going to let go of my feelings of self-doubt, lack of confidence, and unhappiness. For so long I felt that I wasn't worthy of living a happy life with incredible people and accomplishing amazing things. This year has taught me that I am capable of doing just that and it was merely conditioning that gave me that perspective.

I am going to remove these traits and instead replace them with confidence, self-esteem and happiness. 2016 will be a great year. I am a high potential. I am a capable and awesome person. So if others can see it, I should see and feel it in myself. :)

Ok, before the new year gets started, I have decided on a goal... meet my step and calorie intake goals 5 out of 7x/week. Want to give myself a little leeway not to beat myself up, also instead of focusing on pounds lost I will focus on a healthy lifestyle and that will slowly lead to pounds lost(I have no big event coming up this year as I have in the past with a Disney trip and a wedding I was working for so -bright side- no "deadline"). Looking forward to a bright new year!

Last edited:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

It is OFFICIALLY 2016, and we are coming IN with a BANG!

giphy.gif

I am SO excited for and proud of everyone so far for even taking the time and making the effort to sign up for this month's challenge. You are already farther ahead on your journey than you were even a week ago!

So let's go ahead and dive right into those QOTD's! I know that several people have already given their goals for the month, but it's kind of the requisite "First Day" question, so I've also added a little twist this time so that everyone can participate even if they've already said their January goal! So without further adieu...

QOTD for January 1, 2016!

Part 1 - What is your goal just for this month? How will you accomplish that? What speed bumps lie in your path this month?
Part 2 - What is your goal for the entire year?

Your goals can be ANYTHING that you want to achieve/accomplish over the month or the year. Losing a specific amount of weight, running a mile in a specific amount of time, building a savings account, learning how to meal prep, spending more quality time with your family, getting rid of all of the clothes you don't wear anymore - ANYTHING! Anything that you feel will make your life better.

Part 1 - What is your goal just for this month? How will you accomplish that? What speed bumps lie in your path this month?

Part One - My January 2016 Goal!

Goal: Lose 4 lbs

Plan: I am going to try to use more common sense in my diet. Low-carb just is not a long-term sustainable tactic for me, and I want to break the yo-yo chain once and for all. I'm going to log my food in MFP (trying for daily!) whether good or bad, keeping an eye on my macros and especially my water intake, which I have gotten bad about again. I'm going to try to get my daily sleep schedule back under control - I'm naturally an extreme night-owl but I in turn feel like I waste my entire day... and I'm sure it doesn't do a lot of good for my body, either. I'm also going to walk 30 minutes 5 days a week - either outside with my dog if the weather is nice, or inside on the treadmill if it isn't.

Speed Bumps: Just me. I don't have any events or anything going on this month that are food-centric like Thanksgiving or Christmas, so that's a big help. Even my birthday won't be a big thing. We might go to dinner but that's about it - we've just never been big birthday celebrators. So it really just falls to me and my will power and determination... and my ability to deny myself the desire to sit on the couch under a blanket when it's cold, haha.

Part 2 - My 2016 Goals

Goal #1 - By December 31, 2016, I want to be 55-lbs lighter than I am now, weighing in at 160-lbs. I won't be FIRM on this number, however, if I (for example) have increased my muscle to the point where I might be 180-lbs but wearing a size 8 or 10. I think the clothing size and how I feel is more important to me than the number on the scale. 55-lbs in 12 months averages out to losing 4.5-lbs a month, which sounds completely doable. I'm going to shoot for a 4-lb loss this month and hopefully I'll be able to exceed that and really start out on the right foot.

Goal #2 - I plan to use the savings method of $1 for week 1, $2 for week 2, $3 for week 3, $4 for week 4, etc., from now until the end of the year. This will put an additional $1300 in our savings account without making us feel like we are really, really hurting for money. We want to go to Disney World again in 2017, and that will definitely cover tickets for the two of us, plus a little extra, barring a ridiculous price increase lol. Hopefully I will be able to find a job soon that will help with that even more. Fingers crossed!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

View attachment 142463

I am SO excited for and proud of everyone so far for even taking the time and making the effort to sign up for this month's challenge. You are already farther ahead on your journey than you were even a week ago!

So let's go ahead and dive right into those QOTD's! I know that several people have already given their goals for the month, but it's kind of the requisite "First Day" question, so I've also added a little twist this time so that everyone can participate even if they've already said their January goal! So without further adieu...

Your goals can be ANYTHING that you want to achieve/accomplish over the month or the year. Losing a specific amount of weight, running a mile in a specific amount of time, building a savings account, learning how to meal prep, spending more quality time with your family, getting rid of all of the clothes you don't wear anymore - ANYTHING! Anything that you feel will make your life better.

My goal for this month is to stop being so hard on myself. I seem to be constantly my worst critic. I need to start viewing myself in a positive light. I need to do things nice for me, which includes exercising and eating right to take care of me. Speed bumps are me and my inner dialogue. Instead of telling myself this is impossible, I need to tell myself I am worth it enough to go for it.

My goal for this year is feel awesome before moving to Orlando area in December. This means I want to lose a significant chunk of me (through better diet and exercise), grow my Disney savings account (for annual passes for whole family), and get all my ducks in a row before moving (job, house, schools). That way I can just enjoy moving there.

Later in my spare time I will break them down into more specific goals and short term goals, but for first thing in the morning this will do LOL

Can I join you all this month?

Intro: I'm Roxy and I have been active on the exercise challenge and have a Wish journal about running. I started running in 2015 and my goals were all related to being active and running and just getting out there and doing it. I only weighed myself twice last year.
This year now that I know I am capable of exercising (I had a lot of self doubt about it prior to last year) I'd like to try to make better diet decisions and take the 10 lbs off that my doctor suggested. I'm about 5 lbs over the healthy weight range per my doc.
I start today at 163.2 lbs per my new fancy scale. My hubby is along for the ride with me as he trains for a sprint triathlon in the Clysdedale category (guys over 250 lbs)

My big goals for 2016 are to run an 8k, a 10k, and eventually a 15k in November. I know it will be easier if my body is running on good things. Fast food is my weakness because it easy. My daughter is 3 now and it's easier to cook while she plays so that will help. I also really need to drink more water.

I will be at Disney for the first weekend of January and will be eating Disney food but also running at marathon weekend for the 5k. So I don't expect to really have results right away.

My goal will be to go below 160 in Jan, would be first time since before my pregnancy in 2012 but I'm soooo close.

HAPPY NEW YEAR my friends! I'm here.... and I cannot believe this thread is already on page FOUR! I hope you saved me a seat! I'm heading over to close out the December thread and post our final results, so you have maybe an HOUR if you want your information updated! ..........................P

Happy New Year!!!! I'm awake! I'm only slightly hungover! And for the second day in a row, I'm at 196.6! Starting the year in Onederland put a HUGE smile on my face!!!

Part One - January 2016 Goals

Goal: Lose 6.8 pounds. A normal person would just round up to 7, but I'll consider the month a 100% success as soon as I leave the 190s in the dust!!

Plan: Fully committing to giving WW SmartPoints/Beyond the Scale a fair shot for the month. Not even going to double track in MFP because that just leads to me whining about how I'm not eating enough calories. The FitBit is also sticking with my and I'm shooting for 341,000 steps.

Speed Bumps: New job starts Monday. Bar exam is less than two months away (and law school and my first bar exam was a long, long time ago). I'm a stress eater. The good news is that it is not a big event month. Primarily just daily eating challenges....

Part Two - 2016 Goals

1. My dream weight is a mere 57.6 pounds away. I'm not sure that I can achieve 139 pounds at my advanc(ing) age but I'm going to do everything in my power to make it happen.

2. The real goal is to lose the 29.6 pounds necessary to put me back in the healthy weight category. And I'd like it to happen before I set foot on the plane to Orlando in April 25. I want to look like a million dollars for that Victoria and Albert's reservation.

3. Get around to telling DH that we have said V&A reservation before he asks why I am putting his suit and dress shoes in his park bag on the day of our reservation. Or why I packed a suit for him to take to WDW at all. I blame his parents for dragging him and his sisters there when he was 12. He hated it and starts whining like a traumatized 12 year old forced to abandon Space Mountain for a suit and fancy dinner whenever I bring up trying to get reservations. Sigh.

Part One - My January 2016 Goal!

Goal: Lose 4 lbs

Plan: I am going to try to use more common sense in my diet. Low-carb just is not a long-term sustainable tactic for me, and I want to break the yo-yo chain once and for all. I'm going to log my food in MFP (trying for daily!) whether good or bad, keeping an eye on my macros and especially my water intake, which I have gotten bad about again. I'm going to try to get my daily sleep schedule back under control - I'm naturally an extreme night-owl but I in turn feel like I waste my entire day... and I'm sure it doesn't do a lot of good for my body, either. I'm also going to walk 30 minutes 5 days a week - either outside with my dog if the weather is nice, or inside on the treadmill if it isn't.

Speed Bumps: Just me. I don't have any events or anything going on this month that are food-centric like Thanksgiving or Christmas, so that's a big help. Even my birthday won't be a big thing. We might go to dinner but that's about it - we've just never been big birthday celebrators. So it really just falls to me and my will power and determination... and my ability to deny myself the desire to sit on the couch under a blanket when it's cold, haha.

Part 2 - My 2016 Goals

Goal #1 - By December 31, 2016, I want to be 55-lbs lighter than I am now, weighing in at 160-lbs. I won't be FIRM on this number, however, if I (for example) have increased my muscle to the point where I might be 180-lbs but wearing a size 8 or 10. I think the clothing size and how I feel is more important to me than the number on the scale. 55-lbs in 12 months averages out to losing 4.5-lbs a month, which sounds completely doable. I'm going to shoot for a 4-lb loss this month and hopefully I'll be able to exceed that and really start out on the right foot.

Goal #2 - I plan to use the savings method of $1 for week 1, $2 for week 2, $3 for week 3, $4 for week 4, etc., from now until the end of the year. This will put an additional $1300 in our savings account without making us feel like we are really, really hurting for money. We want to go to Disney World again in 2017, and that will definitely cover tickets for the two of us, plus a little extra, barring a ridiculous price increase lol. Hopefully I will be able to find a job soon that will help with that even more. Fingers crossed!

These are great goals! Achievable and you have a solid plan for making it happen! I'm looking forward to cheering you on!!!

My goal for this month is to stop being so hard on myself. I seem to be constantly my worst critic. I need to start viewing myself in a positive light. I need to do things nice for me, which includes exercising and eating right to take care of me. Speed bumps are me and my inner dialogue. Instead of telling myself this is impossible, I need to tell myself I am worth it enough to go for it.

My goal for this year is feel awesome before moving to Orlando area in December. This means I want to lose a significant chunk of me (through better diet and exercise), grow my Disney savings account (for annual passes for whole family), and get all my ducks in a row before moving (job, house, schools). That way I can just enjoy moving there.

Later in my spare time I will break them down into more specific goals and short term goals, but for first thing in the morning this will do LOL

You are absolutely worth it!!!

Can I join you all this month?

Intro: I'm Roxy and I have been active on the exercise challenge and have a Wish journal about running. I started running in 2015 and my goals were all related to being active and running and just getting out there and doing it. I only weighed myself twice last year.
This year now that I know I am capable of exercising (I had a lot of self doubt about it prior to last year) I'd like to try to make better diet decisions and take the 10 lbs off that my doctor suggested. I'm about 5 lbs over the healthy weight range per my doc.
I start today at 163.2 lbs per my new fancy scale. My hubby is along for the ride with me as he trains for a sprint triathlon in the Clysdedale category (guys over 250 lbs)

My big goals for 2016 are to run an 8k, a 10k, and eventually a 15k in November. I know it will be easier if my body is running on good things. Fast food is my weakness because it easy. My daughter is 3 now and it's easier to cook while she plays so that will help. I also really need to drink more water.

I will be at Disney for the first weekend of January and will be eating Disney food but also running at marathon weekend for the 5k. So I don't expect to really have results right away.

My goal will be to go below 160 in Jan, would be first time since before my pregnancy in 2012 but I'm soooo close.

You can do it!!!

Part #1 January 2016 goals!

Goal: I will meet my calorie and step goals 5 out of 7 days per week!

Plan: I will begin being accountable and logging my foods with MFP daily. I will start with 5,000 steps per day and work my way up to 10,000 steps as my goal by the end of the month. I will take evening walks around my neighborhood and walks during my lunch at work.

Potential Barriers: If I do not meal plan and plan for snacks I feel that I will fall into the trap of snacking on what is available. I am inherently lazy :rotfl2: so I will need some super motivation to get off my butt and get those steps in!

Part #2 2016 Year Goals!

Goal: I will be a more active and more fit person. I will get back to a weight that I feel healthier and more functional at!

Plan: I will make small and sustainable lifestyle changes over time, concentrating on how I feel, NOT what the scale says.

Potential Barriers: I need to give up on my "all or nothing" mentality. I need to not give up because it I've had a small setback, or because it is easier than keeping on keeping on. I need to not just work on losing weight for an event but to work towards an ultimate goal of overall health and wellbeing!

Last edited:

This is a great idea! I've always wanted to do it, but in reverse, $52 on week 1, $51 on week 2, ect because I feel like that pattern would easier for us given that my daughter's birthday and Christmas and everything are right at the end of the year...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

View attachment 142463

Part 1 Jan goal:
lose 4 lbs and post an NSV with each check in.

I would love to lose just 4 lbs this month because that would get me under 200! I've been flirting with getting there since thanksgiving but the holidays prevented me from losing a lot of weight. I'm very happy with the outcome but now that January is here I'm ready to see some major headway. Also, I love NSVs because they keep me mentally healthy during this journey.

Plan- I will be following WW for another month. I also have a training plan that I started last week for running. It's actually a 5k intermediate Hal Higdon plan but it bumps up the mileage quite a bit so I'm thinking that increasing my workouts by quite a bit will really bump up the weight loss.

Speed bumps- hunger. Ever since I started this new WW plan with smart points I've been starving. So I'm going to have to find new ways to attack the hunger because the late night snacks are killer.

Goals for 2016:

I have a couple. I would like to reach my initial goal weight of 170 by October. That's 35 lbs in between now and then which I definitely think is doable. I say this is my initial goal weight because I'm not sure where exactly I want to land on the scale. I just want a sustainable weight so that might be more or less.

I would also like to read 50 books this year. I love reading and writing and I like to think of myself as a binge reader. So I'll read like 5 books in 2 weeks and then stop reading for a period of time. But I love reading and want to do it more consistently. So 50 books this year for me!

OK, guys! The posts on page 1 are up-to-date with the participants and the MFP names so far! If there's anyone I missed, please let me know! Also, if you want to share your MFP name or your Instagram name, just post it and I will get it added!

We are off to tackle Walmart and Kroger... in the middle of the day... on a holiday... when everyone else in the country is ALSO starting a new diet. :duck: wish us luck!! We'd intended to get up early this morning and do it, but the 2am bedtime wasn't kind to us. I would put it off until tomorrow morning, but our cupboards are bare other than the candy bowl, which I meant to empty into the trash last night before bed but didn't, and now I don't have the will-power to do it, haha.

Question - what are some of your favorite/go-to healthy SNACKS? I can find healthy meals all day but snacks always elude me. We don't like nuts which seems to cancel out 95% of the snack ideas I've found online, haha.

If I survive our shopping endeavor, I'll be back afterward to catch up on the chatter and check out everyone's January goals!

My name is Sabrina and this my first time joining a W.I.S.H forum. Since returning home from Disney back in September I quit exercising and eating healthier. Enough is enough and today I am getting back on the right track. Before September while I was getting ready for Disney I was using MFP and riding my stationary bike 45 minutes at least 4 times per week.

Today I stepped on the scale and weighed 210 pounds. That was hard to type. From this point on that number is only allowed to get smaller!

Part 1
Goal - Lose 8 pounds. I really want to get back under the 200.
Plan - Use MFP, exercise 3x weekly, increase water intake, make better choices.

Part 2
Goal - goal weight 180, that could change.
Lose weight! Get healthy! Stay committed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter