A

Wow, a move and a baby coming. That's enough right there to put the trip report on the back burner. Congratulations on both. Such an exciting time for you and your family.

Congrats on all your good news!! :goodvibes

Very exciting that baby #2 is on the way! And being back "home" on top of that is great! It's so nice to be near family with a little one(s) around. Glad the job move worked out for you!

And yay for another WDW trip! :cool1: Sounds like it will be a perfect little getaway before your family of 3 becomes 4.

And whatever you can report of your cruise trip will still be helpful! Though we have a deposit down, ours is a bit up in the air at the moment, but assuming we go, it will be in May with a not-yet-3-year-old, just like your trip. But totally understandable if you are a bit pre-occupied! :thumbsup2

SO awesome!! I am so happy for you guys!! Congrats on the new addition, and I hope living with your parents is going well! If you ever want to meet up just let me know! and congrats on the new job too, hope it is going well. :goodvibes

As for January, that sounds wonderful!! You guys will have so much fun. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Congrats on all your good news!! :goodvibes

Very exciting that baby #2 is on the way! And being back "home" on top of that is great! It's so nice to be near family with a little one(s) around. Glad the job move worked out for you!

And yay for another WDW trip! :cool1: Sounds like it will be a perfect little getaway before your family of 3 becomes 4.

And whatever you can report of your cruise trip will still be helpful! Though we have a deposit down, ours is a bit up in the air at the moment, but assuming we go, it will be in May with a not-yet-3-year-old, just like your trip. But totally understandable if you are a bit pre-occupied! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! I'll do my best to do some more of the cruise TR -- we had a great time, and I'd love to be able to share some of our favorite (not-so-favorite) experiences and tips!! :goodvibes

SO awesome!! I am so happy for you guys!! Congrats on the new addition, and I hope living with your parents is going well! If you ever want to meet up just let me know! and congrats on the new job too, hope it is going well. :goodvibes

As for January, that sounds wonderful!! You guys will have so much fun. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Thank you!! Living with my parents is actually going really well...nice to have some extra sets of hands around (and FREE babysitting!). We'd love to GTG sometime when things have settled down a little (but do they really ever?!) :thumbsup2

Yay New England! I'm a Massachusetts girl too! And congrats on baby #2!!! That's so exciting!!!! And on your January trip! Hope you decide to finish up your TR, love reading about the cruise! :goodvibes

Yay New England! I'm a Massachusetts girl too! And congrats on baby #2!!! That's so exciting!!!! And on your January trip! Hope you decide to finish up your TR, love reading about the cruise! :goodvibes

Hello to another MA girl! :goodvibes I'm back on track and ready to finish this up! :thumbsup2

Haha, yes, I imagine taking food pictures with strangers would feel a bit awkward, even if it is a Disney cruise. :laughing:

I don't know why, but I think it's just somehow cool to be all dressed up and yet reading a menu with Mickey Mouse on it. :goodvibes

Good to see an update! :goodvibes

I can understand the pressure to make small talk thing - I wouldn't like that either. That said, I think I'll just let them sit us however they want and chance it - when we did a Royal Caribbean cruise, we ended up with a couple from Ireland and pair of sisters from Texas and they were all really nice and it never got too awkward, so hoping it works out again.

Looks like that other little girl was quite fond of your DD, by the way. :cutie:

If they have that coffee bar on the Dream, Dug will be frequenting it.

Glad you found a quiet bar to have a drink that night.

Really looking forward to hearing about character meets! :cool1:

Haha, yes, I imagine taking food pictures with strangers would feel a bit awkward, even if it is a Disney cruise. :laughing:

I don't know why, but I think it's just somehow cool to be all dressed up and yet reading a menu with Mickey Mouse on it. :goodvibes

Haha, good point about the menu! I didn't take any pictures...but on formal night, Mickey and Minnie are dressed in their finest too - so cute!!

Good to see an update! :goodvibes

I can understand the pressure to make small talk thing - I wouldn't like that either. That said, I think I'll just let them sit us however they want and chance it - when we did a Royal Caribbean cruise, we ended up with a couple from Ireland and pair of sisters from Texas and they were all really nice and it never got too awkward, so hoping it works out again.

Looks like that other little girl was quite fond of your DD, by the way. :cutie:

If they have that coffee bar on the Dream, Dug will be frequenting it.

Glad you found a quiet bar to have a drink that night.

Really looking forward to hearing about character meets! :cool1:

Disney really did a great job setting us up...I've read that before, so I think that's the norm. I'd love to know how they do it and what algorithm they use! Besides a little magic and pixie dust of course!! :thumbsup2

Sorry you weren't wowed by the food - especially at Remy's where you had to make special plans for it. Though, happy to hear they did a good job of pairing you up with the family they did. I am fairly introverted as well - I do ok if the other party is chatty/open but find it awkward if I have to initiate conversation a lot.

wow, 8:15 does feel rather late to eat every night if you have little ones. 5:45 is a little on the early side, but seems much more manageable for those with kids so glad you got that seating.

Wow - so many characters! Lover the idea of the good bye send-off meet & greet - probably a great way to meet any characters that you didn't get to during the rest of the cruise.

Wow, love all those character meets! Super excited for that on our cruise now! And I love how your DD has coordinating outfits in many of those too! :thumbsup2

Thank you for writing up a bit more about the cruise!! Ours is coming up! That is too bad you didn't love the food. Good idea to check out the bar with DD though - I hadn't really thought about doing that much (we plan to bring some wine and such on board) but I bet we will a couple times. We have brunch at Palo planned (vs dinner) so fingers crossed it is delicious.

And the characters!! You met so many! I have actually been really worried about the lines. I thought I read somewhere that when you get onboard to head to a podium to pick up meet & greet timed tickets or something? I'm glad to hear your lines were very short. Did you ever see Pirate Mickey/Minnie? Captain Hook? I am hoping to meet those as I know Aria would love to.

Sorry you weren't wowed by the food - especially at Remy's where you had to make special plans for it. Though, happy to hear they did a good job of pairing you up with the family they did. I am fairly introverted as well - I do ok if the other party is chatty/open but find it awkward if I have to initiate conversation a lot.

wow, 8:15 does feel rather late to eat every night if you have little ones. 5:45 is a little on the early side, but seems much more manageable for those with kids so glad you got that seating.

Wow - so many characters! Lover the idea of the good bye send-off meet & greet - probably a great way to meet any characters that you didn't get to during the rest of the cruise.

Yes, the timing of meals is a little tricky -- but it all worked out! And I'm exactly the same with small talk/conversation!

Wow, love all those character meets! Super excited for that on our cruise now! And I love how your DD has coordinating outfits in many of those too! :thumbsup2

There were so many fun meet n' greets, and so many that we missed too! Check out H&M for Disney/cruise outfits -- they had some really cute ones last year that were nautical and Disney!! :goodvibes

Thank you for writing up a bit more about the cruise!! Ours is coming up! That is too bad you didn't love the food. Good idea to check out the bar with DD though - I hadn't really thought about doing that much (we plan to bring some wine and such on board) but I bet we will a couple times. We have brunch at Palo planned (vs dinner) so fingers crossed it is delicious.

And the characters!! You met so many! I have actually been really worried about the lines. I thought I read somewhere that when you get onboard to head to a podium to pick up meet & greet timed tickets or something? I'm glad to hear your lines were very short. Did you ever see Pirate Mickey/Minnie? Captain Hook? I am hoping to meet those as I know Aria would love to.

Yes, Pirate characters, Capt Hook, and lots more that we missed....and most of them meet multiple times during the cruise too, so it isn't a one time or miss it completely kind of thing.

Palo brunch looks delicious too -- but ressies were "sold out" when we tried to book -- I bet it's tasty!

I forgot to ask - when do you request a solo table? Did you see many of them? We will also be a group of 3, and I'd much rather sit by ourselves than be seated with another family EVERY meal. Once or twice I can do, but not looking forward to making conversations with another family for every dinner.

I forgot to ask - when do you request a solo table? Did you see many of them? We will also be a group of 3, and I'd much rather sit by ourselves than be seated with another family EVERY meal. Once or twice I can do, but not looking forward to making conversations with another family for every dinner.

I'm so with you on this -- our situation turned out to work great, but if I had my preference, we'd have sat alone. I'd request it ASAP, and definitely check-in once or twice before you depart, and again when you board the ship (go to the customer service desk in the main lobby of the ship). I have a feeling that groups of 3 tend to get paired up more, since most tables are for an even number....but it definitely doesn't have to be that way!

Oooh I would love the random character meets more than anything. I remember those days in Disney, and while I understand the need for structured meets, really do miss the spontaneity.

I am a little confused though. How can they be on the cruise AND at Disney at the same time? Ah, I'm sure it's just Disney magic at work. :p

Wow that little show looks so great. It kind of reminds me of catching the characters after the welcome show at MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter