A

Oooh I would love the random character meets more than anything. I remember those days in Disney, and while I understand the need for structured meets, really do miss the spontaneity.

I am a little confused though. How can they be on the cruise AND at Disney at the same time? Ah, I'm sure it's just Disney magic at work. :p

Wow that little show looks so great. It kind of reminds me of catching the characters after the welcome show at MK.

The spontaneity was really fun and definitely added a little magic to the experience! :thumbsup2

glad to read about some of the toddler activities - I love the "formal" dance party with Goofy in his tux :thumbsup2

The Nemo Reef splash area looks really cute, if a bit small - and great that it is covered so you don't have to worry about sun, etc.

Good point about the kids club starting at 3 and how little a three year old can be compared to older kids. Our plan is to do a cruise at some point but wanted to wait until all the kids were old enough for the club, so this is something to keep in mind.

Your day at Cozumel sounds really nice and relaxing! :thumbsup2 Food looks pretty darn good to and what a nice setting to have it in!

glad to read about some of the toddler activities - I love the "formal" dance party with Goofy in his tux :thumbsup2

The Nemo Reef splash area looks really cute, if a bit small - and great that it is covered so you don't have to worry about sun, etc.

Good point about the kids club starting at 3 and how little a three year old can be compared to older kids. Our plan is to do a cruise at some point but wanted to wait until all the kids were old enough for the club, so this is something to keep in mind.

Your day at Cozumel sounds really nice and relaxing! :thumbsup2 Food looks pretty darn good to and what a nice setting to have it in!

Mexican food and a margarita...on the beach in Mexico, was hard to beat!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the recap on the kids events! I can see trying to do both of the Disney Jr shows, Aria would love them! Esp if Jake & Sofia show up!! I am excited for the kids clubs for Aria. Her best friend is a 6-year old boy so I think she will do fine, though I do believe they have separate areas for the kids based on age? We'll see. I'll let you know, as Aria will have JUST turned 3. I love the idea of sending her to the nursery for some adult pool time - that is something I'll keep in mind for sure (since Aria still naps 1-3 or 4pm) and they don't have a nap area at the kids clubs, though that would be REALLY nice if they did!

I am SO looking forward to Cozumel!! Your lunch looks AMAZING! YUM. We did book an excursion however as I'm just not a sit-on-a-beach person - we are doing the Mayan Ruins, Mexico park (miniature park) and a Mexican chocolate tour. So excited!

You have seriously got me wanting to take another cruise.. Geez, what I would give to be on that beach right now, eating mexican and drinking margaritas!

The only reason I have held off on a cruise for now, is our youngest is so clingy and I just don't think he would stay with people he doesnt know. Definitely when he gets older!!

Thanks for the recap on the kids events! I can see trying to do both of the Disney Jr shows, Aria would love them! Esp if Jake & Sofia show up!! I am excited for the kids clubs for Aria. Her best friend is a 6-year old boy so I think she will do fine, though I do believe they have separate areas for the kids based on age? We'll see. I'll let you know, as Aria will have JUST turned 3. I love the idea of sending her to the nursery for some adult pool time - that is something I'll keep in mind for sure (since Aria still naps 1-3 or 4pm) and they don't have a nap area at the kids clubs, though that would be REALLY nice if they did!

I am SO looking forward to Cozumel!! Your lunch looks AMAZING! YUM. We did book an excursion however as I'm just not a sit-on-a-beach person - we are doing the Mayan Ruins, Mexico park (miniature park) and a Mexican chocolate tour. So excited!

Adult time is key -- I'm sure the kids club will work out! But, the nap situation is a little tricky! Did you guys get a balcony? If so, it really isn't too terrible to sit on the balcony with a drink during nap time ;)

I'm usually not a beach person either -- but a 1/2 day at that beach was perfect. Your tour sounds really fun!! :goodvibes

You have seriously got me wanting to take another cruise.. Geez, what I would give to be on that beach right now, eating mexican and drinking margaritas!

The only reason I have held off on a cruise for now, is our youngest is so clingy and I just don't think he would stay with people he doesnt know. Definitely when he gets older!!

Right?? It looks perfect right now in the middle of December!

And yeah, it's so dependent on the kid and hard to predict...but being able to get some adult time and send the kids to the nursery/club is pretty nice, and would be hard to miss out on if things didn't work out with your LO!

Thanks for doing the overview of the kids’ stuff. Given that Izzy will be under 3 when we cruise, it’s good to know what’s available. :goodvibes

That Disney Junior thing sounds similar to what they did at Aunty’s Beach House (kids club) at Aulani – I will have to bring her to that! Ooh, and the character dance party too! She’d love that.

Nemo’s Reef looks fun, especially since it has a slide. Izzy ended up really liking the Keiki Cove toddler splash area at Aulani, so she would love this even more with a slide, I bet.

Yep, those Open Houses are on my list too. I’ve heard about how cool the kids clubs are and I think Izzy would enjoy checking them out (well, and I would too).

That’s a good point about being a young kid in the older kids club vs. being in the nursery. I look forward to being able to utilize the nursery a bit during our trip. For sure during our (hopeful) Palo brunch. And maybe a bit here and there, as needed. I hadn’t thought about having her nap in there, but that could be a good idea to give us some time to go check out the adult/couple (no toddlers allowed) areas. (Side note – I was curious, so I priced out our cruise as if Izzy was 3 instead of 2 and the fare was $256 more. At $9/hour, that is a lot of nursery time we can use before we hit the same amount we’d have paid for the “free” kids club!)

Looks like a nice low-key beach day at Cozumel! :thumbsup2

Hey there! I’m so glad you came back! And holy cow!!!! Congratulations and congratulations and congratulations! Talk about some big happenings!

I’m so glad you came back and wrapped up your report - I kind of can’t believe you did given all that's going on. I am loving reading your summaries! And it makes me so happy to read that you enjoyed the cruise. As you know, we are HUGE fans. :laughing:

Thanks for doing the overview of the kids’ stuff. Given that Izzy will be under 3 when we cruise, it’s good to know what’s available. :goodvibes

That Disney Junior thing sounds similar to what they did at Aunty’s Beach House (kids club) at Aulani – I will have to bring her to that! Ooh, and the character dance party too! She’d love that.

Nemo’s Reef looks fun, especially since it has a slide. Izzy ended up really liking the Keiki Cove toddler splash area at Aulani, so she would love this even more with a slide, I bet.

Yep, those Open Houses are on my list too. I’ve heard about how cool the kids clubs are and I think Izzy would enjoy checking them out (well, and I would too).

That’s a good point about being a young kid in the older kids club vs. being in the nursery. I look forward to being able to utilize the nursery a bit during our trip. For sure during our (hopeful) Palo brunch. And maybe a bit here and there, as needed. I hadn’t thought about having her nap in there, but that could be a good idea to give us some time to go check out the adult/couple (no toddlers allowed) areas. (Side note – I was curious, so I priced out our cruise as if Izzy was 3 instead of 2 and the fare was $256 more. At $9/hour, that is a lot of nursery time we can use before we hit the same amount we’d have paid for the “free” kids club!)

Looks like a nice low-key beach day at Cozumel! :thumbsup2

Ooh, I didn't think to do that calculation re: over/under 3 years --- that's good to know!! :thumbsup2

Hey there! I’m so glad you came back! And holy cow!!!! Congratulations and congratulations and congratulations! Talk about some big happenings!

I’m so glad you came back and wrapped up your report - I kind of can’t believe you did given all that's going on. I am loving reading your summaries! And it makes me so happy to read that you enjoyed the cruise. As you know, we are HUGE fans. :laughing:

Yes, I'm back...so glad I am finishing up -- I felt guilty and like it was hanging over my head!! Almost done! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness talk about a lot characters! That's so awesome that you were able to interact with so many characters in such a short amount of time! That beach in Mexico looked awesome, quaint and beautiful, and very relaxing! I'd love to do a Disney Cruise, looks like so much fun. The dining looks interesting too!

Oh my goodness talk about a lot characters! That's so awesome that you were able to interact with so many characters in such a short amount of time! That beach in Mexico looked awesome, quaint and beautiful, and very relaxing! I'd love to do a Disney Cruise, looks like so much fun. The dining looks interesting too!

Yes, I'm not usually one to wait in lines to meet characters, so we really liked that there were so many opportunities to meet so many different characters (including the Disney Jr characters DD loves) without having to wait too long!

Castaway Cay!!! There's something just so cool about a Disney island. I think that would be what I looked forward to the most on a Disney Cruise.

Aww a Manatee. That's very neat to see one in the wild.

Castaway Cay!!! There's something just so cool about a Disney island. I think that would be what I looked forward to the most on a Disney Cruise.

Aww a Manatee. That's very neat to see one in the wild.

I am not a beach person, and I really enjoyed Castaway Cay -- and it's such a treat that DCL can actually dock their boats there (most cruise lines have to use tenders, which is ok, but does take more time!)

I only just came across this TR today, so I am way behind in saying Congratulations on the addition to your family AND welcome (back?) to MA!

I've really enjoyed reading about your cruise. I haven't been on any cruises before, but have read a few DCL TRs and I am pretty much obsessed with Castaway Cay, so I think a Disney cruise must be in our future. I've visited a few Caribbean islands, and moslty I just like to sit on pretty beaches and drink... Castaway Cay seems right up my alley :cool2:

Great update, especially hearing about Castaway Cay (as we won't be going to the other ports on our 4-nighter). Thank you for the idea about putting her into the nursery during nap time to enjoy the adult-only areas. I hadn't really thought about that and I like the idea - she wouldn't be missing anything, as she'd be napping and we'd get some time together to enjoy things she can't do.

I'm interested to see if Olaf's nose will have regenerated by May. :rotfl:

I only just came across this TR today, so I am way behind in saying Congratulations on the addition to your family AND welcome (back?) to MA!

I've really enjoyed reading about your cruise. I haven't been on any cruises before, but have read a few DCL TRs and I am pretty much obsessed with Castaway Cay, so I think a Disney cruise must be in our future. I've visited a few Caribbean islands, and moslty I just like to sit on pretty beaches and drink... Castaway Cay seems right up my alley :cool2:

Welcome - so glad you joined in! :)

Sitting on the beach with a drink is hard to beat, even when you aren't a beach person (I just need a big umbrella and a lounge chair, and I'm good to go!) -- so I think you would thoroughly enjoy CC! The nice thing about DCL is that they have a lot of 3 and 4 night cruises, so you can try it out and visit CC!

Great update, especially hearing about Castaway Cay (as we won't be going to the other ports on our 4-nighter). Thank you for the idea about putting her into the nursery during nap time to enjoy the adult-only areas. I hadn't really thought about that and I like the idea - she wouldn't be missing anything, as she'd be napping and we'd get some time together to enjoy things she can't do.

I'm interested to see if Olaf's nose will have regenerated by May. :rotfl:

Naptime at the nursery is key -- removes some of that seemingly ever-present Mommy-guilt -- DD gets the rest she needs, and so do Mom and Dad! :thumbsup2

Haha, I know..poor Olaf!! Though, he does get to spend 24/7 on CC, so maybe a little nose issue isn't that bad :lmao:

I would've flipped out about that manatee! How amazing that the fella was just hanging out by the boat! I've spent time watching them at Epcot, but this just seems so special especially in that super clear water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter