ABD Backstage Magic - Summer 2010 Edition!

My CD arrived today! :cool1: :banana: :love: :wizard: :dance3: :yay: :cheer2:

How many more excited emoticons can I include? :)

I can't believe how many photos are on here - this is awesome!

Hooray!! I'm sure there are more emoticons available! It's totally worth celebrating - enjoy the pictures!

I'm glad you finally got your CD!! And there are never too many emoticons!

I'm glad you got your CD. You are so right, there are a lot of photos. Now...what is everyone's favorite picture? Mine has to be the one by Walt's lamp. But there are so many fun ones.
I want to make a scrapbook of all of our group pictures. I hope I can remember when they weer all taken.

I'm glad you got your CD. You are so right, there are a lot of photos. Now...what is everyone's favorite picture? Mine has to be the one by Walt's lamp. But there are so many fun ones.
I want to make a scrapbook of all of our group pictures. I hope I can remember when they weer all taken.

I'm sure we'll be able to help each other out with remembering where everything was taken and when. :) I know the trip reports have helped me remember a lot of things that had gotten lost or muddled in the blur of amazing things we saw and did.

Did anyone watch Brothers & Sisters last night? They showed the scene that we saw being filmed at Studios. I got so excited when I saw that scene...it was all of two minutes though.

Did anyone watch Brothers & Sisters last night? They showed the scene that we saw being filmed at Studios. I got so excited when I saw that scene...it was all of two minutes though.

Oh! I don't watch the show, but I would have recorded that episode if I'd known it was going to be on. That is so cool!

Oh! I don't watch the show, but I would have recorded that episode if I'd known it was going to be on. That is so cool!

I would have recorded it too, had I known. We'll have to check and see if ABC does reruns online or something so we can all see the episode. Even for only 2 minutes of it! :cool1:

Friends,

For those of you who haven't noticed already, I have recently participated in the new Disneyland episode of the DIS Unplugged podcast.

This started with a few conversations with Pete and Walter during our ABD trip. One thing lead to another and the result is that Pete asked me to be one of the Disneyland correspondents and to also contribute to the DIS Blog. I've already got things planned for my first posting.

In our final "good bye" dinner during the ABD trip, I told everyone that you have influenced and affected me (in a good way). I'm not sure I would have stepped up for this if it weren't for the friendship that everyone showed me. See what can happen?

-Wayne

I just listened last night and I thought that was your voice. Then I heard Pete say your name and I said, 'I know him!!!'
Way to go, we are proud of you. Good job!!!

I just wanted to say great job on the show Wayne! I am glad you got the opportunity to come out of your shell and have some new experiences.

Sorry that y'all have not heard from me in a while, but classes are seriously kicking my butt this semester. I hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see most of you on PCC 2.0! BIG :grouphug:

Great job! We listened to it twice already! We loved your rapid fire on the combine and the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society. Now we really want to go on that trip, but that would be impossible. It sounds so incredible, though. Plus, you had very interesting comments about the sun wheel.

:thumbsup2Wayne, you are a great DIS correspondent; you did a super job! We are so happy for you; we were jumping up and down shouting, "We know him! We were at Walt's Barn with him!" When's the next show?!

Nichole: we feel your pain!! :goodvibes

Fantastic job, Wayne! Your reports were really well detailed and your commentary was really effective. I'm so glad you're coming out of your shell and that you've made the leap to become a DL correspondent. Congratulations and keep up the great work! :cool1:

I have finally listened to the entire Disneyland podcast (only took 3-4 different listening sessions) and I just want to echo what Lisa said - nice job Wayne! You held your own with the others and had interesting commentary to add. When do you do your first segment? :idea: Hey, maybe you'll get to cover that train ride with Tony Baxter!

I have finally listened to the entire Disneyland podcast (only took 3-4 different listening sessions) and I just want to echo what Lisa said - nice job Wayne! You held your own with the others and had interesting commentary to add. When do you do your first segment? :idea: Hey, maybe you'll get to cover that train ride with Tony Baxter!

That would definitely be a cool assignment - we'd all be SOOOO jealous! But at least one of us would be there! ;)

That would be a great segment in many ways. First, Wayne would definitely do the trip justice. He would do such a thorough job that it would be like we were there. I think he appreciates how important this is to preserve Disney history. Second, it would be a great way to promote the work the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society does. Until we went on ABD we didn't know much about Walt's Barn. Jeff has always been into trains, but when we actually went there, we saw how very special it is. Third, the combine was Walt's favorite car, and bringing it to the Barn is a big deal. We'd love to hear first hand all the events they have planned.

I was so excited today!!! The UPS man brought me the print 'Above The Firehouse' that I had ordered. It is by Joe Yakovetic, remember he was at our last dinner and drew all of us a picture? I had already purchased the print 'Opening Day' and loved it. After hearing about the other print, I thought I could get it when I went to Disney World. I learned they have different artists there and they didn't have it, so when I got home I was able to call and order it. I talked to a very nice lady who had worked with Joe and she also knew Dean and Micahel. Anyway, I love his work and was very excited to get this today. I think Christy also has 'Opening Day'!!!

I was so excited today!!! The UPS man brought me the print 'Above The Firehouse' that I had ordered. It is by Joe Yakovetic, remember he was at our last dinner and drew all of us a picture? I had already purchased the print 'Opening Day' and loved it. After hearing about the other print, I thought I could get it when I went to Disney World. I learned they have different artists there and they didn't have it, so when I got home I was able to call and order it. I talked to a very nice lady who had worked with Joe and she also knew Dean and Micahel. Anyway, I love his work and was very excited to get this today. I think Christy also has 'Opening Day'!!!

Congratulations!! I think that was my favorite of his works that I saw.

Well, prepare yourselves for a shock...

I actually finished editing the second batch of photos from our trip!

The gallery link is: http://nitrostitch.smugmug.com/Disney/ABD-Backstage-Magic-2010/Disneyland-27-29-2010-ABD-Trip/14225252_WeLKZ

I have one more batch of photos to edit, all from our departure day. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter