Activating DVC Annual Pass

DonMacGregor

Sub Leader
I know there are several other threads discussing the DVC annual passes, but I thought having one specifically for activation issues/questions might be more easily found with a discrete title.

As we know, many (all) DVC purchasers of the Sorcerer Pass received an email indicating that simply tapping in at a tapstyle would activate the new pass, no need to visit GS. This is in stark contrast to the directions last year, where proof of membership and/or proof of address were required for activation at a Guest Services window.

Has anyone tried activating their new pass by simply tapping in, without going to GS? The email DID come from Disney Destinations, and not Member Services, so it could very well be a generic email to all passholders.

7544270D-D3BB-4717-85FF-67402879C8D9.jpeg7363A23C-C084-4F9B-8C4E-D66F578351AA.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll be activating my pass on Wednesday of this week. Eager to know if I no longer need to stop by guest services.

I’ll be activating my pass on Wednesday of this week. Eager to know if I no longer need to stop by guest services.
I have a sneaking suspicion they will be asking for ID, particularly for household members not on the deed, but real data points will be valuable for others in the future.

Our Sorcerer passes expired last October, but I renewed our passes them last August. We did not need to go to GS or any ticket booth to activated them. Quite sure this is because MS verified our eligibility prior to sending us over to the ticket CMS to process the renewal.

I suspect this is the same reason the above email is sent (eligibility already verified) All the ticketing CMs now have the training and ability to verify DVC eligibility. And anyone can purchase an Incredipass. The only reason I can think of to go to GS is to get a plastic card to show for discounts. However, the AP-Y now shows in your phone's wallet, so even that may be unnecesaary.

The exception may be for Florida residents. I do not know if they are able to verify eligibility for those passes online.

Our Sorcerer passes expired last October, but I renewed our passes them last August. We did not need to go to GS or any ticket booth to activated them. Quite sure this is because MS verified our eligibility prior to sending us over to the ticket CMS to process the renewal.

I suspect this is the same reason the above email is sent (eligibility already verified) All the ticketing CMs now have the training and ability to verify DVC eligibility. And anyone can purchase an Incredipass. The only reason I can think of to go to GS is to get a plastic card to show for discounts. However, the AP-Y now shows in your phone's wallet, so even that may be unnecesaary.

The exception may be for Florida residents. I do not know if they are able to verify eligibility for those passes online.
Right now, one of the associate members on my membership, who doesn't live with me (adult son), can log into the WDW site and purchase a Sorcerer Pass. When I bought my passes last week, I could have assigned one of the passes to him in the app.

Right now, one of the associate members on my membership, who doesn't live with me (adult son), can log into the WDW site and purchase a Sorcerer Pass. When I bought my passes last week, I could have assigned one of the passes to him in the app.

I am hoping we get some real time reports soon of whether this is just for actual owners, who were verified, or if those in the household still have to go to GR....

I am hoping we get some real time reports soon of whether this is just for actual owners, who were verified, or if those in the household still have to go to GR....
I think it has something to do with MANY associate members still showing DVC-Y on their digital card (although I have zero desire to rock that boat).

I bought a DVC AP for DH and myself a few years ago but have not activated it. I don't want to use it on my upcoming trip in October, either. I hope that it does not automatically activate when entering a park w/o going to GS first as I want to add 2 other old tickets to our MDE for use on the next trip.

I bought a DVC AP for DH and myself a few years ago but have not activated it. I don't want to use it on my upcoming trip in October, either. I hope that it does not automatically activate when entering a park w/o going to GS first as I want to add 2 other old tickets to our MDE for use on the next trip.

As long as it was bought before 2021, it can remain a voucher for an AP and what you want to make sure is to go to guest relations before entering a park to ensure your tickets are prioritized to be used first.

Also, make sure your park reservations were made using the tickets and not the AP voucher, as that also helps to ensure they use the right ones.

We never even got that email...or any communications at all. We plan to visit Will Call at MK or Guest Relations at Springs to activate and pick up the physical cards on our next visit. Our dates also show April 13, 2024 as the expiry (not 2099 as some people's do), as if they were activated upon purchase. Will see in August on our next visit how it goes.

You can activate at a regular ticket window as well as guest services. I've done it there the past couple of times I needed to activate a DVC voucher.

First time AP holder. Bought the Sorcerer Pass on April 13th and used it for first time on April 23rd at the Studios, then park hopped to Epcot then to MK and back to Epcot. Staying at VGF. For the very first use, we walked up to the Passholder Entrance at Epcot back by France and walked right in. No ID check or Guest Relations visit was required.

We were told in March that we didn’t need to go to guest relations to “activate” renewal and went right in. We have ALWAYS had to go to guest services first even on renewals.

This is the first time we got AP. We joined DVC in 2021.
So was everyone in your party an actual DVC owner/member? Or did you have any kids or adults age 18+ who are not members but qualified for the Sorcerer AP because they live in your household?

We’ve been trying to find out whether household members need to stop at GR or a ticket booth to show ID to prove they have the same address as the DVC member or can just walk into the park like you did. Thanks!

So was everyone in your party an actual DVC owner/member? Or did you have any kids or adults age 18+ who are not members but qualified for the Sorcerer AP because they live in your household?

We’ve been trying to find out whether household members need to stop at GR or a ticket booth to show ID to prove they have the same address as the DVC member or can just walk into the park like you did. Thanks!
Yes, it was both my husband and I and we are both DVC-Y direct members and are both named on the deeds.

Thanks! Hopefully someone who bought DVC Sorcerer APs for household members will come soon and tell us whether they had to prove eligibility for them in person before they could enter.
My son is 20 and lives with us- but he just tapped in also. It was a renewal- not a new pass but we have always had to in the past. He actually went to the park first while we were unpacking the car. Cast member told me over the phone that we no longer had to go to guest services so I told him to try. He text me and said no- he just tapped and went right in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter