Admit it, you've been that rude guest!

I am not English in the traditional sense of the word. So I do not sound like James Bond when I politely tell people to eff off. I am from Liverpool so it is a lot less refined than you are thinking

Oh... and do you do the little upper lip curl when you say it? That always looks to me like a prelude to a brawl whenever I spot it, so I give those folks extra spce. ;)

Some of my American friends, though, insist all British (Welsh, Aussie, New Zealand, etc) accents sound refined to them.

My youngest has been that guest- My husband said people move out of the way when your pushing a stroller. I was behind them and saw my youngest kicking her legs at people to get them to move. Oh boy! I explained that we don't do that to get people to move.

I think that response would sound completely lovely and reasonable with an English accent. I've had folks do that to me, too (just asking "one" question). It's rude. So she deserved that comment. The first trip we took to WDW as a family, we were headed through the airport with everyone else who just wanted to be anywhere except the airport. One lady barked at me that we were separating her from the rest of her family. How was I supposed to know that? I could have stopped, or simply ignored her. But instead, I said something along the lines of "How the eff am I supposed to know that?" I'm sure it didn't sound nearly as nice with my American accent...
Charming.

I bickered with my DH on Test Track when we had a single rider seated with us. He and I were scowling in the ride photo. We were quietly fussing at each other, not yelling and making a huge scene, but it was enough that the woman seated with us was aware of it. I feel bad for her whenever I think of it! I hope she got to ride again without us ruining it for her.

I think we were arguing about the ride itself. He did something wrong in the pre-ride portion and I was angry about it. Ridiculous, I know! We don't fight often, but when we do, it's about a Disney attraction, apparently.

I'm pretty sure I've stopped in traffic just due to a space out moment. Apologies all around.

I will probably be the rude guest in November who puts their kids on shoulders for fireworks and maybe a parade. My kids are incredibly short and have no chance of seeing unless we are front row. That said, we will be at the back of the pack if we have to do this!

I've refused to let children in front of me during a parade before, I'll admit it. You snooze, you lose. I put in the time to stake out my spot, I'm not letting your precious snowflake in front of me just because you arrived at the last minute.

I'm sorry that's not rude. That is just the way it is.

We were waiting in line to meet Remy and Emile and they both needed to take a break just as we got up to the front of the line. Without thinking, I said, "Oh yeah, I bet they need to take the heads off because it must be so hot in there!"---the "handler" looked at me like I had just killed someone. I felt so awful. Oops.

Disers I use a scooter and I'm 6 feet tall and 162 lbs. I look very healthy, now take in fact That I have 4th stage kidney failure, lost a kidney and bladder, double bypass surgery,blind in one eye and deaf in right ear. Yes T can walk for short distance but not around parks. This is from a person who ran a 48.2 440 dash in college. So I tell you don't judge and be quick to judge children and adults using scooters. You want to change places with me. People may have short time to live , like small children wearing wigs and adults both with terminal cancer. So bashing anyone using scooter is not acceptable on the Dis. I don't want any replies to this post, I have a wonderful life , and many great friends and wife that lived and loved me through all my health issues for 47 years.

There's a lady out there that truly believed I was being "that guest" at MSEP last year. We were right on the edge of the ring in the hub facing the park entrance...a few inches farther and we'd be in the street. CMs were walking around to tell others to push back out of street. DH and I staked out our spot with DDs (1 1/2 & 6 at the time) for well over an hour, and planned ahead to keep them happy with glow bracelets, bubbles, and snacks. Older daughter made friends with another little girl in the family next to us, sharing her toys and glow stuff. A random woman walks up with her two older kids and tries to plop down in front of us, then weasel her way between us and other fam. I finally had to say something to her, and she yells at me that I "don't own that area!" and that it's "not fair" for me to make her move. She walked away, fussing loudly at me the whole time. The other family and more around us thanked us, but it took me a little while to calm down after being "attacked". It was our first fam trip and we didn't know where we messed up...I second-guessed myself for a while.

Yup. Been that guest-usually happens when I travel with others. I have travel companions that need the guest access card-but will not get it. They have knee/hip/mobility problems. Last trip, I went into FOTLK theater and told the cast member the deal and they sat us in the handicapped section. I was so grateful, but knew there were people wondering why the "healthy" people were in the handicapped section. Also, if any one tries to cut in line, ride or bus... I am very skilled at stopping that-no cuts, no buts, no coconuts as far as I am concerned...

Oh dear, I've remembered one that i did when I was about 21 and should have know better.

To get a better view of the fire works my dad and I climbed the fence in the hub and "hid" under a tree on the grassy area. We didn't get told to move by any a CM's and so we watched the full show but I know now this was totally inappropriate.

Please forgive me big D and dis members.

Yup. Been that guest-usually happens when I travel with others. I have travel companions that need the guest access card-but will not get it. They have knee/hip/mobility problems. Last trip, I went into FOTLK theater and told the cast member the deal and they sat us in the handicapped section. I was so grateful, but knew there were people wondering why the "healthy" people were in the handicapped section. Also, if any one tries to cut in line, ride or bus... I am very skilled at stopping that-no cuts, no buts, no coconuts as far as I am concerned...

Your companions would not have qualified for Disability Access Service for having a mobility issue. Disney's standard line for mobility issues is to get a wheelchair, ECV, walker, etc.

Well, I will admit to getting a little cranky on our last trip. In my defense, it was Aug, crowded, and hotter than the surface of the sun.

Anyway, it became a running joke in my family how my magic band NEVER worked at the gate. We would walk up to the entrance of the park, any park, didn't matter if it was epcot or AK, and everyone in my family would scan their band waltz in then BAM, I would hold up my band and the thing turned red, I would try again and red. The worker would hold up their hand to stop me from entering, a manager was ALWAYS called over. I would be questioned about what my name was, what resort I was staying at, what was the last park I visited etc. All while the manager checked things off of her clip board. Meanwhile hoards of people would be going past us. Well after about the 10th time of being pulled aside and questioned by a manager with a clip board, I will admit I got very snippy. I kind of answered her rudely and rolled my eyes repeatedly while tapping my foot and checking the time on my phone, complaining about constantly getting pulled aside etc. Kind of like bratty teenage rebellion! She was very nice and got me on my way quicker than the other managers and I think that was the last time I was stopped at the gate! I normally don't get like that, but it was getting to be ridiculous.
I'm curious -- it'll be my first time to WDW in just a couple of weeks and I would hate for this to happen to me or my DH. Can they just replace your MB?

Yelled at girls at Disneyland who tried to cut in front of us in line to take pictures with Goofy. My kids were 4 and 5 at the time, they were early twenties. I told them there was a line and they looked at me.
Yelled at a man and his family at DW during fireworks. Everyone was seated and he came and stood in front of us and was a tall, wide man. I asked him to move please, he stood and I asked him again this time not so nicely. He finally looked around and huffed off with his wife...duh everyone was sitting down and had been for a long time.
My oldest has a way of stepping on feet by 'accident' if someone gets too close in line, cuts him off or something. Not nice, but neither is stopping short and causing someone to try to avoid running into you, trying to cut in line or standing on top of others in the Florida heat.
Also I won't let people by who try to catch up with their party, we have only had older people try to do this and teenagers. If it was a parent with a small child that is another situation.
We aren't parade people so I can't say anything about not letting people in front of us.

I know that I have been rude sometimes. I now have to use an EVC. I would really like to not have to use one as it is a pain in the you know what. I haven't actually yelled at anyone but I have made some smart remarks to several people. I can drive it but the number of people who pass me and then move right in front of me and stop is unbelievable. Also I can be behind people who are moving okay and then all of a sudden stop. I can't get around them and sometimes they just stand there blocking me. I can't weave anymore. Try getting out of MK at the end of the night using an EVC. Just try it. Good luck. I will be slowly going and then all of a sudden someone walks right in front of me. I brake but it can coast a little. I have hit one or two people because of that. Not intentionally but you wouldn't walk right in front of a car like that. It seems that people don't even see you at all. It doesn't help that I am short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter