Adulting is Hard, So I'm Running Away! ~ An Oct 2016 PTR ~ Update 10/19: Peace Out, Yo!

I did find out that the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular has been extended through my dates, so that's a great big YAY! Though looking at the previous month's schedules, I'm a little confused on the timing. My plan was to see Fantasmic, then bee-line it to the front of the park to see the Star Wars show (I did this in September 2014 to catch the Frozen fireworks and it worked out great). But it looks like it's only 30 minutes between the start of Fantasmic and the start of the Star Wars fireworks. That can't be right, can it? Those of you who have already been, do you have to choose one or the other? Or is it possible to catch both like I'm planning?
Emerging from lurkdom :wave: to say that YES, it can be right. A couple of weeks ago I was watching Fantasmic (chills, tears, goosebumps) and suddenly there was a big BOOM behind me partway through the show - Star Wars fireworks had started. I 100% don't understand the thought behind that scheduling - I don't remember exactly what the timing of things was, but they were definitely happening at the same-ish time. Just...why?

Other things: congrats on the weight loss (truly inspiring!) and I too will be at Princess weekend! You'll love the 5K. Such a blast! :)

EDIT: Also, I love your kitties.

As of this morning, Aug. 25, guess who's lost 78 pounds (*EDIT, 08/26, 8:57am: Make that 80 lbs!*) since January 1st?

VqqG9kN6ry1fW.gif

You go girl! You are just doing an amazing job with this!

Prepare yourself for shock and awe...

FoodWine.png

Showed this to my DD(17 tomorrow!) and she laughed. Her words, not mine, "mom, I now do not think you are the most obsessive person about Disney" She points at your chart and say's "That would be this lady!"
13uNYQRS1U6mTC.gif

Thankfully have a cast iron stomach!

Question for you. Have you ever lost this much weight before? Only asking because if not, your body changes A TON when you do. Stuff you had "a cast iron stomach" for before, you may not any longer. Just be prepared. To lose that much weight, you are making huge changes in your eating habits. Your body get's used to that! If you go all out eating all those lovely yummy meals and snacks that are so obviously NOT what you have been doing this past 9 months, it could put a crack in your cast iron! Always better to have stuff and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I would take medications to calm the stomach (tums, prilosec, prevacid) as well as to help the digestive system (gas-x, ex-lax, pepto)

The unfortunate part, however, is that I have very little to update about! I'm in that lull between FP+ booking and MagicBand arrival, when not much happens.

Disney craft time!

Attempt #1 looked AMAZING on me, but it was a halter style and within just 5 minutes of wearing it, it was KILLING my neck. I pranced around in front of a mirror in it for a good 20 minutes, debating if looking that damn cute was worth all the pain or not. In the end I decided that it wasn't, but it thoroughly broke my heart to have to send it back because it fit me SO SO SO GOOD...

I have issues with halter stuff too. DD as well. We are both very large busted and having those things pulling on the back of your neck is just a migraine waiting to happen. It really limits the bathing suits you can get. I have just started altering them. It is VERY simple. If you like everything else about the suit, but those stupid ties around the neck, you can make them into straps. Just need a spool of thread and a needle. Here are picks of what I did to mine...
Here is the "model" pic and how it was suppose to be...
suitmodel%20283x455.jpg

this is the front after I changed the ties to straps:

suit2%20500x426.jpg

These straps used to just pull up behind the neck and tie.

Here is what it looks like in the back ( I put a white shirt under it so that you could see it better):
suit1%20500x375.jpg

And a closer look at where I sewed the straps on:
suit8.jpg

Important thing is to not cut the straps off until you have them fitting correctly. I didn't have anyone to help me, so I just safety pinned them at first to try it on and make sure I was making the ties in to the right length of strap, then once I had it where I felt it would hold me up good, I sewed them by hand exactly on the existing seams stitches and then did both stitch lines, then tried it on 1 more time before I cut the straps off.

September 2017: Previously scheduled for 5 nights in October 2017, it's now 4 nights and been pushed up to September 14-18

This is sooooo close to when I will be there next year. Right now our target dats are september 1st-Sept 10th.

Thanks to the addition of my Mama joining me for this trip. This is going to be interesting. It's just me and her, and I love her with every beat of my heart, and I've been begging her to do a mother/daughter trip with me for years. However. She's very high maintenance and needs everything to be about her and her preferences

Quality time with the Momma! Woot. Although, I must say... I think I would probably be 6 feet under when I got home from a trip with my mom. Love her to death, but man do we clash!

I'm just back from our 2 weeks at Disney and can confirm that the Star Wars fireworks and Fantasmic occur at the same time so we had to do 2 different days :headache: There was only 15 minutes between them and the fireworks were a real distraction during Fantasmic!!

Congrats on still losing weight, I lost 5lbs before I went and only gained 2lbs so I'm very happy :goodvibes

I'm so sad this one didn't work for you because it's ADORABLE!

Attempt #3 is arriving tomorrow. Pray for me, ya'll...

attempt3.png
I like this one a lot too! Hope it fits like a glove.

September 2017: Previously scheduled for 5 nights in October 2017, it's now 4 nights and been pushed up to September 14-18... Thanks to the addition of my Mama joining me for this trip. This is going to be interesting. It's just me and her, and I love her with every beat of my heart, and I've been begging her to do a mother/daughter trip with me for years.
Yay for mother/daughter trips, but SUPER YAY for mother/daughter Disney trips!

SO just an FYI we did Fantasmic! with SW fireworks with the half hour in between. No problem. We did leave slightly before the boats at the end finished going around, but we were all ok with that.

UGH!!! Don't even get me started on swimsuit shopping! I'm going to have to get a new one for next year and I'm already dreading it. The fact that my top is a different size than my bottom doesn't help matters.

That first one is super cute. Bummer it didn't fit right :( Hope you've had better luck since then.

so that I can actually take advantage of that gorgeous Stormalong Bay!

I'm a little jealous of this! I may have to come crash! lol

Your mom & me trip sounds like fun. That would never happen for me but I'm okay with that. I'd rather be there with people that are enjoying themselves anyway.

PROGRESS:

Trip Dates? :thumbsup2 October 20-28, 2016

Resort? :thumbsup2 Disney's Beach Club Resort, 7 nights, Garden View (plus one off-property joint for 1 night)

Park Tickets? :thumbsup2 Bought my first ever Annual Pass! Woooo!

Disney Dining Plan?
:thumbsup2 Always!

Memory Maker? :thumbsup2 Don't need it this time because unlimited PhotoPass downloads are included with the Annual Pass!

Booked Package? :thumbsup2 Locked in and good to go!

Package Payment Progress? :thumbsup2 100%

Additional Savings Progress? :thumbsup2 100%

Car Rental? :thumbsup2 Booked a Compact through Enterprise (and they usually upgrade me)!

Scooter Rental? :thumbsup2 Going to give Buena Vista Scooters another try!

MNSSHP? :thumbsup2 Purchased! I'll be in attendance on Sunday, Oct. 23rd.

Itinerary? :thumbsup2 Built and planned out, and the spreadsheet is complete!

ADRs? :thumbsup2 Booked! I got EVERYTHING I wanted, too!

FastPasses? :thumbsup2 Booked! Total success!

Packing?
:laughing: I still need to finish unpacking from the last trip!

Ok I was going to multi quote but I always get interrupted, so I just wanted to say YAY you are here! Even though I'm late! I absolutely love your reports and I can't wait to read about it.

Ok I'm caught up! Sleepy, but caught up.
Billie - I am so super proud of how well you have done with your healthier lifestyle!!! So happy to read that.
Also - swim suit shopping. That third one is adorable!

I'm going to try to read along with this report!

That is gorgeous - but you're right in going for comfort, especially in a swimsuit!
Thank you for the reassurance! I still cry when I think about how good it looked on me!

From what I've read on the Touring Plans app it's almost impossible to do both now. In fact apparently on some nights you can actually hear/see the Star Wars fireworks while Fantasmic is happening and apparently it is really distracting.

I'm still waiting for SW to extend into November as the one night I had free in October it's not one - and I cant change plans as the other two nights are MNSSHP and Club Villain!
Yeah, that's what I keep reading, too. I think I've decided which one I'm going to do, though. That will be addressed in a future update!

You're officially a saint managing that large a group now!
I hope I'm stockpiling mad Disney karma/magic for my efforts!

Sounds familiar. After three mother/daughter trips (non-Disney) I can't say I'm rushing to do it again...
Yeah, I have a feeling this will be a one-time-thing only...

All those bathing suits are adorable and I love #3-fingers crossed for you it fits without showing lady bits lol! And fyi, the 3 things I hate shopping for are jeans, bras, and bathing suits :scared1:
Serious, those are the WORST things to shop for! Well, for me, also dresses. Because I carry so much of my weight in my belly, I can't ever find dresses that don't make me look like I'm 9-months pregnant. It's terrible!

Glad you'll be able to see the SW fireworks! We didn't specifically go to HS to see them but were walking around WS one night last month and could see them pretty much perfectly! I'm not a SW fan, loved the previous SW show so I'm sad they changed it and it's mostly projections but the actual fireworks still make it worth seeing.
I'm a huge SW fan, so seeing them from in front of the Chinese theater, as they're meant to be viewed, is a big deal for me. I'm so bummed that I'm going to have to choose between them an Fantasmic! I looked at my plans, and I just don't see any way to add a second evening at HS so that I can catch both. SIGH!

And now you and I wait for ROL.....:surfweb:
We surely do! And wait... and wait.... and wait...

Have you ever looked at Torrid for swimsuits? They're expensive but seem to be decent quality with super supportive bras built in.
Yeah, the expensive part is the problem. If I keep losing weight like I am, I'm probably going to need another new swimsuit and new clothes in a year or so. For that reason, I'm extremely resistant to buying anything expensive right now while I'm in the middle of my weight-loss journey. Once I'm close to where I need to be, then I'll start investing more in clothing items, but until this, I'm trying to go cheap! (However, I also know that you get what you pay for, especially with swimwear, so I'm pretty much screwed!)

Congratulations on your weight loss, that is so amazing and I know I don't know you but I'm SO proud of you! I really need to lose a LOT of weight and was wondering if you're following a specific plan (book, website?) and if you are would you mind sharing? I've looked in to Whole 30, 21 Day Fix, Paleo, but nothing feels right to me and I get so frustrated just trying to start that I never actually get going. I'd love any more specific advice you're willing to give although I don't think I could eat nothing but eggs for a whole week!
I started out following the Atkins plan, but even that was too high-maintenance for me. I struggle to stay on anything that is too specific and forces me to track and count and blah blah blah. So now basically I just avoid carby foods. I know what I can and can't eat, and I just avoid the things I can't and fill up on the things I can. I eat a lot of meat and cheese, and some veggies but only ones that aren't terribly carby. And my silly egg-fast once a month. LOL. That's really it!

Keep it up, you're doing great!
Thank you very much!!!

OMG i love that first suit, i want it!
Here you go, girl! I hope you can wear it with less pain and suffering than I did! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G00TQOE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Your upcoming trips (all of them seem fab!) Enjoy this Solo trip but i think the big fam trip you can fit in solo time here and there and since you have your own room that will give you at least night time to unwind and escape.
You couldn't pay me to share a room with anybody during that trip, haha. Maybe I can escape for some late-night solo time, since I'm the only one of the group used to only sleeping a couple hours a night at Disney!

As for the trip with your mom just make sure her expectations are set, and i am sure you will end up being a great time, but i know what you mean in terms of it people making things all about them and high maintenance, i have a few of those in my life :)
I think we all have those in our lives, honestly... I'm just the only one dumb enough to vacation with them, haha.

I am going through vacation hiatus right now too and it is so hard, I am hoping to fit in a quick trip to Nashville after thanksgiving, and maybe a trip to Maine in the spring, (my dad owns a place up there so its prety cost effective), but no WDW or DL or south bound trips for a while. Even with my dad in Florida i am freak out by Zika and want to have another kid so I decided to put a hold on for a bit...Hoping soon they have a handle on the situation....
Vacation hiatuses are the WORST!!! Mine is over a year away, and I'm already dreading it!

It's pretty much impossible now. However, schedules can change. For the latest info on the SW show, follow this thread, particularly the first page. Feel free to ask questions yulilin is awesome and knows everything:yoda: She might be able to tell you of a spot to see it somewhat that doesn't require waiting. The new show isn't very visible except from very specific areas of the park. I think the GMR courtyard, or right in front of it, doesn't fill up fast and has an interesting view of the show. You may really have to hoof it over though or be sure to sit near the F! exit.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...ireworks-dessert-party-launch-bay-jt.3439569/
Woot, thank you for the link to that thread! Definitely following it now!

Such cute bathing suits. Good luck. I hate buying new swimsuits. Must be such an awesome feeling to have clothes that are too big. Your trip is getting closer. Looking forward to hear about F&W. We will be going next year for the first time.
It is a good feeling, but it's also frustrating. Since I'm only about halfway through my weightloss journey, I don't want to spend a ton of money on stuff I'm just going to have to replace again when I lose more weight. So I'm being extremely frugal in what I do purchase!

I don't know why Disney is overlapping those two shows. HS is lame enough without them messing up the only good stuff they have going for them. During our trip, Oct 1st to 5th, they will only be showing the SW fireworks on two of our nights. And we have Narcoossee's booked for one of the two, so we only have arrival night to catch this show. It really stinks for them to schedule it like this, especially since I now have to give up a fp for Frozen Ever After, or whatever it is called. :(
Yes, the scheduling is so so so dumb!

We have a Yak & Yeti dinner reservation all set to go in hopes of catching ROL.
I would just be happy with some news about RoL at this point! It's like Disney has gone completely silent about the entire project!

It looks like you just need to plan your trip to meet your mom's expectations and you will be fine. ;)
I will... to a certain extent. If she were footing the bill for everything, I would be quite happy to tailor the entire trip to her needs. However, I'm paying for half of it, therefore I feel very strongly that I should be getting at least half of what I want from the trip! You know?

Too bad it hurt your neck, it's way cute!
I know, right?! It am still so bummed over that!

Oh I like that one also! I hope it works for you. the second choice wasn't my fav, it looked a little more "mature" if you KWIM
I didn't mind it looking mature... Hell, I'm closer to 40 than 30 at this point it my life! I just need something that's affordable, and covers all the parts I need it to cover, lol!

Dang! I'd be stressing hard if I had that many people going on one of my trips. You're gonna need that morning cocktail at the wave when that trips over! :drinking1
You got that right, girl. Probably two of them...

I asked my Mom if she'd ever be interested in doing a Disney trip just her and I once. She looked at me like I was wanting to take her to some third world country or something. I told her all about how she would love the GF and all the awesome restaurants (and bars) and she shut that down.:confused3 Oh well, her loss!
Hahaha. That's how my mom has been for years, too. SO finally I just gave up. Planned myself another solo trip. Imagine my surprise when out of the blue she goes "So we're still going to Disney together next year, right?" Wait, WHAT??? And so the re-planning for Fall 2017 began.

Crossing my fingers for suit #3! I hope your family and mother daughter trips have some very special memories to tide you through until your next solo trip. Unless of course the lottery plan comes through...
I was idly daydreaming about winning the lottery just today, funnily enough. Such daydreams happen often...

Supposedly, people were running over in large groups from F! to the fireworks. They were concerned that it was a safety issue, and I guess had actually had some safety issues, ie tripping, falling. So, they moved them closer together in the hopes that people would pick one or the other. This is what someone who is very familiar with DHS and knows CMs was told. I don't know. I think people should have options though.
I would think the more logical solution to this would be to move the two shows further apart (to give people ample time to make it from one to the other), not overlapping them! So silly!

Love the swimsuit options, though it totally stinks that none of them have worked out yet. I hate swimsuit shopping - it just seems like everything is awful :P But I'm also somewhat picky about my swimsuits, so that doesn't help.
I'm being super picky, that's part of my problem. I have a whole list of criteria I demand in a swim suit, and I want it for under $50 bucks. It's not easy!

Ooh, I was thinking that's what it was like when we were there and we made it, but that actually is not true. In May, Fantasmic was at 9 and SW Fireworks were at 9:45. We sat in the back right of the theater and were able to get out and find a decent spot, but I don't think it's possible if they've shifted it 15 extra minutes :( Don't they know people want to see both?
Yeah, instead of 45 minutes between the start of each, now there's only 15 minutes. Definitely have to choose one or the other now, I think!

So cool! I loved Atlanta when we took a short trip there. World of Coke is super fun, they have the Margaret Mitchell House, and we could have spent a more time at the aquarium :) Sadly unless something changes I probably will be in a totally different place by then, otherwise I'd suggest we meet for lunch or something. We went to Mary Mac's for lunch I think, and really enjoyed it. It was lots of good Southern food, which I always like!
Yeah, I've been to Atlanta several times, but just not recently. I've been trying to get to the Aquarium since it opened back in 2004-ish, and it's just kept not happening. So I'm going make that my one little bucket list travel item for 2018, since it's something I can do relatively cheaply!

I need to catch up here - hopefully I'll have some time this afternoon since my TR has been sadly neglected with work starting back up after the summer.
No need to explain to me, girl. I sorely neglect my DIS duties these days!

can I join you? I can split the cost? (joke)
Sorry bro, it's already paid in full! LOL

Ugh swimsuit shopping is the worst. I haven't bought a swimsuit in like 10 years because finding one that fits and is supportive and is comfortable and looks nice is pretty much impossible. Good luck - I hope #3 (or 4 or 5 or 6) works out for you!
It's the WORST! But I do have good news about it all coming in my next update (hopefully tomorrow)!

Your future trip plans keep going crazy! More people for the Princess trip ... I'm really amazed that you haven't just given up on that one yet.
Some little part of me has. It's definitely harder to look forward to now, since I know how difficult it's going to be managing so many people. Now I'm just gonna show up and get through it, run/walk my 5K, and go home. Sad that I have to approach it that way, though!

Travelling with your mom should be fun, even if it's a little different than what you're used to. You're the master of planning, so I'm sure you can find a way to make everything work perfectly!
I sure hope you're right!

Ugh, smiwsuit shopping. I think most women can relate. I don't even remember the last time I bought a swimsuit. I did go into a store last year on a whim and it was a total disaster. But hey, at least you have a very good reason for swimsuit shopping now. You have great taste. Shame the first one didn't work out. The third one is super cute so I hope that one works out for you.
Thank you! I did finally settle on one, but I'll go into that more in the next update!

You are handling this quite well I have to say. I'd go crazy. Don't know how you do it
Now I see. Hopefully you'll get some solo time too
I hope so, even just an hour or two in the evening or poolside. I might have to just slip off without telling anybody sometimes!

Good luck! And I mean that with the utmost sincerity
Thanks, I'm gonna need it!!!

I thought all of them were super cute! But having JUST gone through this myself, I feel your pain. Took me 2 hours in JC Penney's last month to find something that covered the Girls, made me look.... less fat, and in colors that were fun. GAH! I hate that whole drama.
I gave up on looking less fat or fun colors. I just want something affordable that covers the things it should cover and supports the things it should support! Is really is so much to ask, apparently!

I totally get it about M/D trips. Mine would be the same way, not really for selfish behaviors, but for health/mobility issues. It was be just so, SO hard to not become a crankypants myself if I took her.
Having health/mobility issues myself, those actually I have ZERO problems working around. Hers is just preferences, and and inability to understand that when you're at Disney, you're on Disney time and your normal at-home routines don't apply. If it were up to her, we would sleep late everyday we're there, take a long break every afternoon, then go back to the room after an early dinner every night because she "needs at least 3 hours or so back in the room to unwind before sleeping." So basically, like 2 hours in the park each day. Sorry, I'm not paying for half of this trip just to sit around in the hotel room! NOPE. I told her it's 4 days, suck it up! She gets one of the above three, so we're going with the afternoon break. My hope is she'll be so wore out by the time we get back to the room, she'll defy her own expectations and fall asleep quickly!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE
you are doing so amazing at losing weight! So proud of you! Good luck on the swimsuits! The ones you posted are ADORABLE and i love them.
Thank you so much, Mo! I'll have a swimsuit update in my next post here!

Well now i can't wait until next year! DIS MEET!!!
YAAAAY! I'm so excited! I know we only overlap by a couple days, so we'll definitely have to figure out a way/time to meet up, even if it's just for a quick hug and a picture!

Emerging from lurkdom :wave: to say that YES, it can be right. A couple of weeks ago I was watching Fantasmic (chills, tears, goosebumps) and suddenly there was a big BOOM behind me partway through the show - Star Wars fireworks had started. I 100% don't understand the thought behind that scheduling - I don't remember exactly what the timing of things was, but they were definitely happening at the same-ish time. Just...why?
Why indeed! I don't get it either, it seems so rude to schedule them overlapping like that!

Other things: congrats on the weight loss (truly inspiring!) and I too will be at Princess weekend! You'll love the 5K. Such a blast! :)
Yaaaay, maybe we'll see each other! I don't exactly blend in with people, haha! If you spot me, do say hello, please!

EDIT: Also, I love your kitties.
I love them too!

You go girl! You are just doing an amazing job with this!
Thank you!!

Showed this to my DD(17 tomorrow!) and she laughed. Her words, not mine, "mom, I now do not think you are the most obsessive person about Disney" She points at your chart and say's "That would be this lady!"
13uNYQRS1U6mTC.gif
Accurate! LOL

Question for you. Have you ever lost this much weight before? Only asking because if not, your body changes A TON when you do. Stuff you had "a cast iron stomach" for before, you may not any longer. Just be prepared. To lose that much weight, you are making huge changes in your eating habits. Your body get's used to that! If you go all out eating all those lovely yummy meals and snacks that are so obviously NOT what you have been doing this past 9 months, it could put a crack in your cast iron! Always better to have stuff and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I would take medications to calm the stomach (tums, prilosec, prevacid) as well as to help the digestive system (gas-x, ex-lax, pepto)
I always take Gas-X with me, since that's the worst trouble I ever have. I think I've had heartburn three times in my entire life. And I've not been 100% a good girl the last 8.5 months... I've had my occasional cheat day, and I always pay attention to my body's reactions that day and the next. Mostly, I just get super sleepy! Carb coma! But I'm hoping I can actually make that work in my favor... I normally only sleep a couple hours each night at Disney because I struggle so much with sleeping at night anyhow, but especially when I'm anywhere but my own bed. My hope is that the carb coma will overrule that problem, and help me sleep at night! Fingers crossed!

Disney craft time!
Maybe for you! I'm not even a little bit crafty at all! I'm super jealous of people who are... It's just terribly tedious to me!

Important thing is to not cut the straps off until you have them fitting correctly. I didn't have anyone to help me, so I just safety pinned them at first to try it on and make sure I was making the ties in to the right length of strap, then once I had it where I felt it would hold me up good, I sewed them by hand exactly on the existing seams stitches and then did both stitch lines, then tried it on 1 more time before I cut the straps off.
OH MY GOD. Where were you before I sent the dumb this back?! Not that I would have thought to do this on my own in a million years (see above about not being at all crafty). But my grandmother sews, and she might could have done this. Dang it!

This is sooooo close to when I will be there next year. Right now our target dats are september 1st-Sept 10th.
Yaaay, how exciting! I'm just praying it doesn't rain like crazy like it did when I went in September 2014!

Quality time with the Momma! Woot. Although, I must say... I think I would probably be 6 feet under when I got home from a trip with my mom. Love her to death, but man do we clash!
Yeah, same here. Kinda glad it's only a 4-night trip!

I'm just back from our 2 weeks at Disney and can confirm that the Star Wars fireworks and Fantasmic occur at the same time so we had to do 2 different days :headache: There was only 15 minutes between them and the fireworks were a real distraction during Fantasmic!!
SO ANNOYING! I hate that I have to choose one or the other! Booooo!

Congrats on still losing weight, I lost 5lbs before I went and only gained 2lbs so I'm very happy :goodvibes
That's totally a success! Congrats!

I'm so sad this one didn't work for you because it's ADORABLE!
I am sad about it, too! It looked AMAZING on me, and was so slimming!

Yay for mother/daughter trips, but SUPER YAY for mother/daughter Disney trips!
Yes, at least I'll be at Disney!!

SO just an FYI we did Fantasmic! with SW fireworks with the half hour in between. No problem. We did leave slightly before the boats at the end finished going around, but we were all ok with that.
Unfortunately, now it's only 15 minutes in-between. CRAZY!

UGH!!! Don't even get me started on swimsuit shopping! I'm going to have to get a new one for next year and I'm already dreading it. The fact that my top is a different size than my bottom doesn't help matters.
I have this problem, too!!!

That first one is super cute. Bummer it didn't fit right :( Hope you've had better luck since then.
Wasn't that first one ADORBS?! I'm just grieving for the loss of it. It looks SO GOOD on me!

I'm a little jealous of this! I may have to come crash! lol
Do it, I would love it! I don't have a lot of pool time scheduled, but you're more than welcome to join me for it!

Your mom & me trip sounds like fun. That would never happen for me but I'm okay with that. I'd rather be there with people that are enjoying themselves anyway.
Yeah, that's kinda why I stopped asking her to go on a Disney trip with me, because every time we talked about it, she just didn't seem like she would enjoy it. So I totally ditched the idea and stopped mentioning it, and proceeded with planning myself another solo trip. So imagine my surprise when a week or two ago, she's just like "So we're still going to Disney together next year, right?" Awww, crap. LOL.

Ok I was going to multi quote but I always get interrupted, so I just wanted to say YAY you are here! Even though I'm late! I absolutely love your reports and I can't wait to read about it.
OMG YAY! I've missed you! I'm so glad you're here!

Ok I'm caught up! Sleepy, but caught up.
Billie - I am so super proud of how well you have done with your healthier lifestyle!!! So happy to read that.
Thank you very very much!

I'm going to try to read along with this report!
Luckily for you, there's not much more pre-trip left to go... I leave for Disney in just 35 days! Woo!

Your swimsuit choices are so cute! I especially love the first one, sorry it didn't work out for you, but I know what you mean by the halter straps. They kill my neck too.
My sister found a really pretty swimsuit that fit perfectly from www.alwaysforme.com. They are a little pricey but she said they were good quality and would last a long time.

This was the one she got:

avalon-plus-size-swimdress-11092-as-seen-in_1.jpg

Good luck with the swimsuit search! It's just as painful as jean shopping for me. I have such in-proportionately big thighs that it's so had to find stuff that fits without them looking like sausages. Then when they do fit, the waist doesn't and they slide off my butt. Sigh.

Looking forward to Feb! I may start a PTR too, although it is not guaranteed. I have to finish my DL TR too and then since we also have a trip in December, I may do a TR for that. Although I think just a dining report will suffice for that trip. But I'm looking forward to doing a Feb TR at the same time as you! LOL that should be fun with all the DIS meets we're planning!

Your mother-daughter trip sounds delightful! I think Disney is the last thing my mom would consider as a vacation, LOL. I think she's had enough taking us as kids when we were younger.

I think for 2017 our tentative trip plans are Feb, May, Aug, and November. I think we may go down for our actual anniversary (9 years) on Nov 1st and partake in F and W. I'm trying to milk these annual passes for all it's worth, LOL.

As for Fantasmic and the SW fireworks. I think it depends on if there are 2 fantasmic showings and when the fireworks start. For us there was only an early showing of Fantasmic at 7pm and the fireworks started at 8 or 8:30. So there was about 15 minutes or 45 minutes in between. I think the fireworks will start later for you so hopefully you can catch the early show of Fantasmic and have plenty of time to watch the fireworks after. But since I dont' know the schedule for October I may be oversimplifying this and maybe they do occur at the same time...in which case ignore what I just wrote. LOL

Some little part of me has. It's definitely harder to look forward to now, since I know how difficult it's going to be managing so many people. Now I'm just gonna show up and get through it, run/walk my 5K, and go home. Sad that I have to approach it that way, though!

It's definitely sad when you feel like you might not enjoy the trip, but try not to let it get you down too much. The 5K will definitely be fun (I say this from experience), so focus on the good parts, and hopefully the group will surprise you and the trip will end up being more fun than you expect!!

Look at me, actually doing another update, only a little over two weeks since the last one! I almost feel like a responsible DISer again! (Almost.)
You better slow it down Billie. You're gonna make me look bad!

Attempt #1 looked AMAZING on me, but it was a halter style and within just 5 minutes of wearing it, it was KILLING my neck. I pranced around in front of a mirror in it for a good 20 minutes, debating if looking that damn cute was worth all the pain or not. In the end I decided that it wasn't, but it thoroughly broke my heart to have to send it back because it fit me SO SO SO GOOD...
Love this bathing suit, but I suffer from the same halter thing. Trying to lug two boulders around all day is best not done from the neck!

Attempt #2 was cute and I loved the color, but it couldn't hold my boobs up. Like, I don't mean it just didn't have support... Imagine putting on a bra that your boobs just fall right out of the bottom of. That was this swimsuit. It was very strange. It also didn't do any favors for my back fat. Back to Amazon it went...

attempt2.png
Been there done this too. Hopefully you found one by now, but if not I usually buy all my bathing suits at Lane Bryant. They sell bra size swim wear that actually has underwire in it to keep the girls up. Not sure what they have left in September, but you may be able to find something on sale at the end of the season.

I know for some of ya'll, especially from big families, it's "the more the merrier!" For my introverted, single-living, solo-traveling, only-child self, it's "The more the bigger headache for Billie!" But I found a mantra that keeps me calm... "At least I'll be at Disney. At least I'll be at Disney." (And yes, I know, I know... I should do a PTR for this trip! I will have a link for it soon, I promise!)
I'll do ya one better. Say I'll be at Disney (then drink) I'll be at disney (drink) I'll be at disney (drink) then just keep repeating for the remainder of the trip.

September 2017: Previously scheduled for 5 nights in October 2017, it's now 4 nights and been pushed up to September 14-18... Thanks to the addition of my Mama joining me for this trip. This is going to be interesting. It's just me and her, and I love her with every beat of my heart, and I've been begging her to do a mother/daughter trip with me for years. However. She's very high maintenance and needs everything to be about her and her preferences. Flexibility is a foreign concept for her. So this will definitely be an experience! I'm keeping a good attitude about it though, and just focusing on all the awesome memories I'll have of our trip together, especially many years down the road. We've spent the last couple nights planning and me pulling up things on the computer about our resort and restaurants, helping her to learn what to expect. I think it'll go well, long as I keep her super prepared for everything, and tailor our plans around her needs as much possible. I'll start the PTR for this one probably once I get back from the February trip.
Congrats on another trip, but it sounds like you will definitely be having some Mama Drama. My mother is the same way. Her favorite words are me, myself, and I and she generally has no understanding of how she impacts other people. I'm sure it will be awesome memories indeed, but again suggest that whole drinking thing :drinking1

And I'm still bound and determined to take 2018 off from traveling for the most part!
(cough, cough, cough) we'll see how that goes....

Where is said Bathing suit update?
In my head still. I had planned on maybe doing it tonight, but there's only 100 pages left in my book. Sooooooo... :rolleyes1

42THFBsn8cpfW.gif

I'll come back tomorrow night and at least do replies and catch back up on threads, with hopefully have a new update around Tuesday-ish! :cutie:

Last edited:
Your swimsuit choices are so cute! I especially love the first one, sorry it didn't work out for you, but I know what you mean by the halter straps. They kill my neck too.
My sister found a really pretty swimsuit that fit perfectly from www.alwaysforme.com. They are a little pricey but she said they were good quality and would last a long time.
Sadly, "pricey" is exactly what I'm trying to avoid! Particularly since I'm hoping to continue dropping weight like a boss, and will need to buy another one in a year or so. Once I'm close to my goal weight, then I'll invest big money in a good, long-lasting swim suit. Right now I'm just trying to find something affordable that will get me through at least the next 6 months or so!

This was the one she got:

avalon-plus-size-swimdress-11092-as-seen-in_1.jpg
That is SUPER cute! Tell her I love it!

Good luck with the swimsuit search! It's just as painful as jean shopping for me. I have such in-proportionately big thighs that it's so had to find stuff that fits without them looking like sausages. Then when they do fit, the waist doesn't and they slide off my butt. Sigh.
Jeans are tough for me, too! All pants, really. I carry a LOT of my weight in my torso, so to get them to fit me around the waist, they're super baggy in the legs and butt. If I can get them to fit me good in the butt and legs, then I can't freakin' button them. I keep threatening to switch to maternity jeans/pants, it's that bad!!!

Looking forward to Feb! I may start a PTR too, although it is not guaranteed. I have to finish my DL TR too and then since we also have a trip in December, I may do a TR for that. Although I think just a dining report will suffice for that trip. But I'm looking forward to doing a Feb TR at the same time as you! LOL that should be fun with all the DIS meets we're planning!
We MUST remember to take lots of photos of both meets, both with @LindseyJo22 on the 24th and with @cinderkelly on the 25th! The one and only DISmeet I've had, with @emmaca , I totally wasn't thinking and we parted ways without one single photo. Thank god that SHE brought her brain with her, because she caught back up with me and suggested taking a picture!

Your mother-daughter trip sounds delightful! I think Disney is the last thing my mom would consider as a vacation, LOL. I think she's had enough taking us as kids when we were younger.
We only went once when I was a kid, and it was my Dad that made sure that happened. Her idea of "vacation" had always been going to visit family, either staying in their homes or in her camper trailer. This is going to be a total 180 for her!

I think for 2017 our tentative trip plans are Feb, May, Aug, and November. I think we may go down for our actual anniversary (9 years) on Nov 1st and partake in F and W. I'm trying to milk these annual passes for all it's worth, LOL.
I hear you, girl! I really shouldn't be spending on another trip next September, but I gotta squeeze one last trip out of those annual passes!

As for Fantasmic and the SW fireworks. I think it depends on if there are 2 fantasmic showings and when the fireworks start. For us there was only an early showing of Fantasmic at 7pm and the fireworks started at 8 or 8:30. So there was about 15 minutes or 45 minutes in between. I think the fireworks will start later for you so hopefully you can catch the early show of Fantasmic and have plenty of time to watch the fireworks after. But since I dont' know the schedule for October I may be oversimplifying this and maybe they do occur at the same time...in which case ignore what I just wrote. LOL
Unfortunately, they're only putting 15 minutes between the start of each show now. Really no way to catch them both on the same night. :( However, I have come up with a creative solution that you already spied on Facebook, and which I will write about in my next update here! ;)

It's definitely sad when you feel like you might not enjoy the trip, but try not to let it get you down too much. The 5K will definitely be fun (I say this from experience), so focus on the good parts, and hopefully the group will surprise you and the trip will end up being more fun than you expect!!
It will be good, I know. I'm just super nervous about so many people and so many conflicting needs & personalities when I'm such a solo at heart. You're right, I'm sure it will be great. I think I'm just setting my expectations super low so that when I get there, I can be pleasantly surprised by how well it all turns out!

You better slow it down Billie. You're gonna make me look bad!
Nonsense. You could never look bad, gorgeous.

Love this bathing suit, but I suffer from the same halter thing. Trying to lug two boulders around all day is best not done from the neck!
Amen to that, girl. Ooof.

Been there done this too. Hopefully you found one by now, but if not I usually buy all my bathing suits at Lane Bryant. They sell bra size swim wear that actually has underwire in it to keep the girls up. Not sure what they have left in September, but you may be able to find something on sale at the end of the season.
Yeah, turned out underwire was the way to go. I'll post about the winner in my next update! I held off on Lane Bryant because of their prices. Since I'm hoping to continue dropping weight like a boss, I will probably need to buy another swimsuit in a year or so. Once I'm close to my goal weight, then I'll invest big money in a good, long-lasting swim suit. Right now I'm just trying to find something affordable that will get me through at least the next 6 months or so!

I'll do ya one better. Say I'll be at Disney (then drink) I'll be at disney (drink) I'll be at disney (drink) then just keep repeating for the remainder of the trip.
You have no idea how true this is going to be. (Actually, you're you, so maybe you do!)

Congrats on another trip, but it sounds like you will definitely be having some Mama Drama. My mother is the same way. Her favorite words are me, myself, and I and she generally has no understanding of how she impacts other people. I'm sure it will be awesome memories indeed, but again suggest that whole drinking thing :drinking1
Thankfully, she enjoys a cocktail or two on vacation as well. I think if I just keep her liquored up, she'll be a lot more fun!

(cough, cough, cough) we'll see how that goes....

Her idea of "vacation" had always been going to visit family, either staying in their homes

That was always my father's idea of vacation, too. Finally, when I was in college, we spent two nights in a motel in Gatlinburg, Tenn and toured around the Smokies on the way to visit my Grandfather in NC. That was our first vacation, and what a tourist trap Gatlinburg was. And we loved it. :)

I hope your February trip is okay. Your aunt and uncle are veterans now, right? They should be able to take charge and let you off the hook. ;)

30 days until WDW! :hyper:

Hey, ya'll! :grouphug:

Okay, so my promise of "weekly" updates apparently became "every-10-days" updates. Oops! But all that's going to change very very soon, I promise! Starting on Thursday, I'm going to begin posting my daily plans! My agenda is to post one days worth of plans every 3 days or so, to help me pass the next month of waiting! It's about to be Update City up in here!

LHZyixOnHwDDy.gif

Since so many of you have asked, I'll start this update by following up with last week's post about the whole swimsuit issue. Many of you expressed high hopes for this one...

attempt3.png

Attempt #3 worked okay-ish. I didn't love it, but it would do for lack of anything better. However, there was a HOLE in it! That seam between the boobs was pulling apart right in the center! So I figured since I have to return it anyhow, might as well go ahead and try a few more, figuring I could always just re-order this one if I didn't find anything better. Which turned out to be a great decision, and brings us to...

attempt4-1.png

Attempt #4 turned out to be WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! The skirt part is actually long enough even on my 6'0" frame, I really like the fun abstract cherries pattern up top, the black is somewhat slimming, it's really quite comfortable, AND best of all, it holds the girls up and in place reasonably well! It has underwire hidden in there, which I kinda figured would end up being a necessity. It doesn't look as amazing as Attempt #1 did on me but there's no pain or suffering required to wear this one, and it's definitely way more supportive than Attempts #2 and #3 were. My one and only complaint about it was that under the skirt is a panty-style bottom, rather than the boy-shorts style bottom that I prefer. Thankfully, that was an easy fix... I found a pair of little black swim-shorts to slide on over the attached bottom, and it blends right in seamlessly. You wouldn't know it wasn't all one piece if I didn't tell you! The shorts were pretty cheap, so I was a little nervous that they wouldn't be great quality or that they would fit funny, but, nope! They're great! And they don't shift around, and the waist doesn't roll or anything. (Granted, I haven't actually tried swimming in them yet, so there's still that.) So between the suit and shorts, it set me back $41 bucks, which is a little bit more than I wanted to spend, but it's fine because I'm happy! :goodvibes

b5LTssxCLpvVe.gif

Over the weekend, I got down and dirty with my Food & Wine Festival planning! I took my massive list that I made a month or two ago, refined it, filled in prices, and determined the 14 items that would give me the most value for my DDP snack credits. I present to you the final draft of my F&W bucket list!

FoodWine2.png

It's a good thing that I'm hitting up Epcot on 4 separate occasions so I can attempt to put all of these items in my belly! The goal is to hit 5-6 booths each visit. Totally doable!

20160917_122946-1.jpg

In all this planning, I actually sat down with a map and wrote in where to find each of the booths I'm interested in, so that I can formulate some sort of battle plan. I found that about half of them are clustered right up front as you enter World Showcase from Future World, so I may try to knock those all out in one day. Then on my other three visits, I can just leisurely hit up that remaining ones as I make my way around the lagoon. Wish me luck, ya'll!

abOlz9ygIm9Es.gif

DisMeets! So far I have 3 confirmed, 1 play-it-by-ear, and 1 hoping-to-hear-back-from!

10/21 - @IowaTater and her DH will be at Hollywood Studios on the same day as me, and we even have FP+ for Toy Story Midway Mania around the same time, so we should be in the same area of the park. We're going to text one another and find each other around then!

10/21 - Months ago @hokieinpa and I talked about meeting at the Boardwalk that evening around 9pm or so. She seems to be on a DIS hiatus though, so I'm going to have to harass her on FB to see if she's still down!

10/24 - I have a 3pm ice cream date at Beaches & Cream with @SnowWhiteOz ! Well, lunch and ice cream for me, I think just ice cream for her. That's the most important part of B&C anyhow, though!

10/27 - @sunnysideup3 and her DH and kiddo are going to be in Epcot that night, same as me, so we're going to try to find each other at some point!

10/28 - @Jerusalem Gal - We have a lunch date at Tony's Town Square! Now some of you who have been paying attention may be saying right now, "But wait, Billie? Aren't you supposed to be driving home already by that time on 10/28? What are you doing in Magic Kingdom lunching and DisMeeting folks?"

Well... Okay... Umm... Yeah... So what had happened was... :rolleyes1

wFsoBOyJ2jJ3G.gif

So it all started when @Jerusalem Gal , who is DELIGHTFUL in her Dining Reviews, told me she'd be arriving on the 27th but our schedules didn't match up, and that the 28th was an MK day for her and she had a lunch ADR for Tony's that afternoon, I says to myself, "You know, I have an annual pass now... I could just dip into the park that morning to say hi and maybe have lunch together before I hit the road. Let's just take a peek and see if I can find an ADR for myself."

And not only did I find an ADR at the exact same time, but I found it with the Festival of Fantasy Parade Dining Package, with the VIP viewing area! Ding ding ding! So I booked it, and messaged her my idea about lunching together, and she replied today saying she's all for it! Yay! So my plan was to stay, lunch, watch the parade, then be on the road right after, which would put me home by 10pm. Easy peasy. Even booked me some FP+s for that morning at MK!

And THEN I'm looking over park hours and what-not, I see that day is also late EMH for Hollywood Studios. Which, as you all know from my last update, is the park where I seem to need a second night at if I'm going to catch both the Star Wars fireworks and Fantasmic. Could I do it? Stay until and see Fantasmic, then drive through the night, putting me getting home around 3am or so? Hmm...

Okay, but THEN I got to thinking more, and remembering the two times I've tried hitting the parks all day and then driving home after, and how exhausting and miserable it was. And both of those two times I had somebody to share the driving with me! But I don't want to back out on the DisMeet, and I really wanna see both shows at Hollywood Studios...

So THEN I'm like... What if I got a cheap hotel in Kissimmee for that night, and drove home on the morning of 10/29 instead? I did it in 2014 and it worked out just fine.

I think you all know where this is going...

115quIlEidBFPq.gif

I added an additional night onto the end of my trip, ya'll!!!!

On 10/28, I'll leave Hollywood Studios after Fantasmic, drop my ECV off back at the Beach Club, then hop in the car and make the very short drive over to the...

comfortsuites.jpg

...Comfort Suites Maingate East at Old Town, which I got through work for a flat tax-free rate of only $76! And it looks like they do a pretty nice complimentary hot breakfast in the mornings, so I'll wake up, stuff my face, then get on the road and be home in time to return my rental car by 4pm. (Also had to adjust my car rental and ECV drop off times accordingly.) Doing this is eating into the spending money I've saved up, so I'll have to be a bit more frugal while I'm there, but I'm absolutely okay with that! Totally worth it!

So without further ado, here is my newly updated 10-DAY (okay, 2 days are travel days but so what) itinerary and revised park touring plan... both of which I'm now spotting some typoes in, so I'll fix those tomorrow!

boop.png

touring%20plan%209-20.png

Needless to say... I'M KIND OF EXCITED. :D

rjkJD1v80CjYs.gif

And on a side note, for any of you who might be curious, I have NOT started packing yet! (Piling stuff up on the guest room bed to be packed later totally doesn't count.) Aren't you proud of me? I made it to my 30-day promise to myself! On that note... Uhhh... Pool's on fire gotta go now BYE!!!!

VR4Xdxj5MXDna.gif

I'll be back on Thursday with the full run-down on the itinerary for departure day, 10/20! Kisses! :cutie:

Last edited:
That was always my father's idea of vacation, too. Finally, when I was in college, we spent two nights in a motel in Gatlinburg, Tenn and toured around the Smokies on the way to visit my Grandfather in NC. That was our first vacation, and what a tourist trap Gatlinburg was. And we loved it. :)
I haven't been there, but I have been to Myrtle Beach plenty, and I hear they're pretty much the same. And I love Myrtle Beach!

I hope your February trip is okay. Your aunt and uncle are veterans now, right? They should be able to take charge and let you off the hook. ;)
That's what I'm saying!

Please tell me you ended up booking the Star Wars dessert party??!!!!???

bd1-jpg.196001

...and cupcakes...and freeze dried Nutella...and fancy drinks!!!
When I get paid in about 48 hours, girl! Hopefully the availability is still there! (It is right now, I just checked again!)

We would have so much fun!!
We soooo would, and I really wanna do it! I just won't have the $69 to spare until payday (and it wouldn't let me pay for it out of my DVA, I tried)!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter