Adults only, do you go to the special meals?

Bete

DIS Veteran
I feel silly but I really want to go (I'm in my fifties) to the storybook breakfast at Norway's Akerhaus. The same is true for the breakfast at AK-Breakfastoraus. I've planned a few character meals, too.

Am I just kidding myself? I feel I may be taking an opportunity away from a little one to see the princesses, etc. I feel selfish to a degree.

I will not go to the Cinderella breakfast for the above reasons. I know that's very popular for the young ones.

Please share your thoughts.

Don't feel silly. DH & I are 31 and 36 with no kids and we've done character meals and really enjoyed them. I never thought I'd see my DH hugging Piglet and loving it!!;)
This trip we're going to the ice cream social, Breakfastasaurous, and the LTT on MNSSHP on 10/27. It's a great way to see the characters and they've always given us lots of attention.
Disney is for all ages, go and enjoy yourself. :)

I say go and have a good time! My husband and I go alone all the time and we sometimes go to character meals - including breakfast at Cindy's! The characters are always great to us and we have a wonderful time. Nobody even seems to notice or think anything about it. No matter where you decide to eat, you won't be the only adults without kids - I promoise you that! If you want to eat with Mickey and Minnie - or Cinderella - you definately should!

Go and have fun. I did before I had my little one, though I never did the Cindy's one for the same reasons you didn't.
Now for my true confession, I am just as excited as Sophia to have breakfast in the castle. I hope I get in.

We're doing an adult's only trip in Dec and I have a PS for Donald's Breakfastosaurus on 12/8.

I don't feel silly, nor should you! Go and enjoy yourself and make sure that you get plenty of pictures with the characters....

:Pinkbounc Look I am a very big kid. Not grown yet at 41.... I always enjoy eating at Chef Mickey's and all the meals. Enjoy life, your only here for a short time. When you give up being a kid at heart, what is left? Go Go Go. I always have a blast.......:cool: :bounce:

And don't feel you are taking the place of some child........you're just doing things YOU didn't get to do as a child.:)

Like the others have said,

DEFINITELY GO! :D

We've gone to a lot of character meals & we don't have kids. :D

I know this is going to start a lot of trouble for saying this here, but, gosh darn it, I'm gonna say it anyway. Sometimes I think that some of these parents who take their kids to the character meals are just using their kids so that they [the parents], too, can see the characters! ;) :jester: I've seen many a parent clowning around with the characters! :p :teeth:

Personally, I really enjoy watching other folks kids have a grand ole time with the characters. I think you will enjoy it & if you have your heart set on it, IMHO, You should go & enjoy!

P.S. Please say "Hi" to the Cinderella & the other Princesses for me. ;)

I have to agree with the above posters! GO! And Enjoy!!!!! :D :D :D

DH and I are 29 (me) and 32 (him), without kids. We have had breakfast at Cindy's and lunch at Garden Grill - we loved them both! Be assured, there are more character meals in our future, too!

:earsgirl: Krissy

Go have fun...we have no children and we always go to charachter meals...this time we are doing the Storybook Princess Breakfast and the 1900 Park Fare dinner.
We love it.

Don't feel silly and don't feel selfish! WDW is for everyone! DH and I always do one character breakfast each trip (we don't have kids). Earlier this month we did Donald's Breakfastasaurous (sp?) and had a great time! The characters came to our table, posed for pictures, etc. It was great! We never felt out of place or silly. Go and enjoy!

I'm there and I love all the comments. I'm a kid at heart and I hope I always stay that way.

I have 4 special meals already set with PS.

Remember what Roy said at the dedication. "The Magic Kingdom is a place where the YOUNG AT HEART can laugh and play and learn together". Think like a KID!!!!!! Enjoy.

You're always a Princess, no matter what your age! Have a wonderful time!

We (DH & I) usually do one character meal each trip, this time we're going to LTT.

Go and enjoy!:DJust don't start any food fights and be sure to eat your veggies;)

I've never done a character meal without my kids, but I say go and enjoy them. I totally understand about Cindy's, and as a mother of 3 (4, 8, 10) soon to be participating in the Cindy's 3 minute telethon, I thank you. I would eat in the castle for other meals with my dh sans the kids and head for the other princess breakfast if I wanted to see the girls.

IMHO if they get the logistics working smoothly that Princess breakfast will make it past Dec. I'm glad I got my PS as soon as they opened the books for Nov., because when I called back to change it, the availability was practically nonexistent over the week of Thanksgiving.

We do not have children and we always eat at a couple of the the character meals each trip. Go and have a great time! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter