Adventurous April Exercise Challenge

Congratulations Saphire5742, LizardQueen8, and yours truly, sophy1996, on reaching at least 10% of goal and Disneyland Park blue. Welcome to California!

Currently there are four attractions in this area of the park: Indiana Jones Adventure, the Jungle Cruise, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, and Tarzan's Treehouse. But when Disneyland first opened, the only Adventureland attraction was the Jungle Cruise, which was based on Walt Disney's award-winning nature documentaries. Walt wanted to use real animals, but opted for mechanical ones when zoologists told him the animals would spend the day sleeping.

Early in 1956, Walt took television viewers on a tour of Adventureland in his Disneyland show. You can find it on Youtube.

Last edited:

Today I accepted my own invitation to change things up and went to do something I'd been saying I would do for years but never had.

Red Rocks Amphitheatre isn't just a famous concert venue, but it's also a Denver park. During the day, even on concert days, the theatre is open for folks to visit, and a LOT of people go there for exercise. You can go all over, including on the stage. Lots of side steps, or you can just walk (hop, skip, jump) up and down, or back and forth on, the rows. There also are walking trails in the park outside the theatre.

My wonderful husband went with me to Red Rocks today. 105 minutes total, between three round-trips down and up the theatre (stairs and rows, plus crisscrossing back and forth across the theatre randomly) and a 1.4-mile walking trail through the rocks. It was such a beautiful day!

240/1200

large.jpg

Minutes: 320/3000
Percentage: 10.6%

5K was 40 minutes (rounded up, because 39:49 would be tough to compute :P ), plus 30 minutes walking to and from the start line. Suffice to say - today I didn't do anything else. The couch is wonderful and I plan on staying here the rest of the day.

Congratulations to PoohBelle and courtneybeth, who both have passed 10% of their goal and are Disneyland Park Blue. Have a Dole whip!

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room opened in June 1963, capitalizing on a 1960s craze for all things Polynesian and introducing the brand-new Audio Animatronics technology.

A really interesting first-hand account by an original Tiki Room hostess (selected and trained by Walt himself) can be found here (forums at Tikiroom.com): Diana Lai's Story

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter