Advice for glasses wearers.

They will make you take them off for some of the slides at the waterpark and hold them in your hand.

Except for one occasion, i've never had a problem wearing my glasses on attractions at MK. However, I don't do rollercoasters and since we go to WDW in the Winter, we don't go to the water parks or go on water rides.

The one occasion was on Mission Space. I left my hat on, and at the end of the ride, the restraining bars will release suddenly. The bars "ripped" my hat and my glasses off my head.

I've had some worries about Flights of Passage. Anyone had any trouble with it?
I rode FoP with my glasses and had no trouble. However, the 3D glasses are a little loose and I had to readjust them to fit my frames halfway through the ride.

I have never had trouble with my glasses on Disney rides. I do have a strap that I carry in case I feel like I should, though I have forgotten it and still not had problems. At Universal I worry more so I make sure to keep the strap handy. I wouldn't be able to see anything without my glasses!

I wore contacts to the water parks and just threw that pair out when I got back to the resort. I wear glasses most of the time now and barely wear contacts; however I do like to wear contacts on vacation so that I can just whip non-RX cheap sunglasses off and on or pop them on top of my head.

None of the Disney rides are intense enough to pull eyeglasses off your face. I have never had a problem (on RnRR or elsewhere).

The biggest pain at the water parks is having to constantly wipe down your glasses when they get wet. I always wear contacts to water parks though so that's not really an issue for me.

Thanks for the helpful post and tips! DS will only take his glasses off to sleep, so I picked up an inexpensive strap for him just in case he needs it for RNR or TL. I always bring extra contacts on vacation, but will be sure to bring a set (& saline) on our TL day. I never would have added either of these to my list on my own, so thanks to all!

I always wear my glasses at the parks, have never had a problem except on the rare occasion when my head bumps the side of the restraint on RNR (but that has only happened once or twice, and it didn't knock them off my head). At water parks, I usually take my glasses off and go "blind". I can usually see structures well enough, and I make DH be my eyes for anything more detailed (when I'm not reminding him that I can't see whatever he's trying to point out to me) :flower1: I did wear my glasses in the TL wave pool one time (we were pretty shallow, knee deep, maybe), and I got knocked over and the glasses came off my head. Took some looking around, but they were turned in to the CM after a few minutes, so that was pretty lucky. We are going next month and I'll probably leave the glasses off again while at the water parks, although I am going to look into these Croakies that were mentioned! (Thanks for the tips! :thanks:)

I have contacts now, but as a kid I always took my glasses off for big drops. So like I'd yank them off for the drop on splash, but keep them on for the rest of the ride so I could see. I was blind AF at water parks. My memories of Discovery Cove, Blizzard Beach, and Typhoon Lagoon are just big blurs. I would definitely get a strap so you can keep them on, because it's no fun trying to walk around blind. As for the parks I see people wearing glasses on stuff like Everest and Space all the time! Don't know if I would do that, butttt people do it.

I wear them on everything and have never had a problem with them slipping or falling off. However, I do have problems with water spots on some rides. Specifically, BTMRR at the top of the first hill and anything that randomly squirts water. WDW water leaves a nasty spot and it annoys me so I just hold me hand over my glasses at those parts of the rides to avoid the spots.

However, I do have problems with water spots on some rides. Specifically, BTMRR at the top of the first hill and anything that randomly squirts water. WDW water leaves a nasty spot and it annoys me so I just hold me hand over my glasses at those parts of the rides to avoid the spots.

I hate having spots or smudges on my glasses. I carry several packs of Zeiss lens wipes in my park bag. They're great for cleaning your glasses and leave no residue.

Disney is why I got Transition lenses. I wouldn't have bothered at home since they don't work for driving but walking around the parks all day, in and out, in and out of the sun. It is just too much of a pain to switch glasses or to take any clips off/on. The transitions are the best. The only times I've noticed them slow to change is when it's cold out. Not a problem at Disney.
I have transition lenses and I got the ones that work for driving.

Here are the ones I got...

Transitions® XTRActive® lenses react to visible light so they do moderately darken behind the windshield. In fact, many people use them while driving.

• Darken behind the windshield of a car to protect the eyes from sunlight while driving

I hate having spots or smudges on my glasses. I carry several packs of Zeiss lens wipes in my park bag. They're great for cleaning your glasses and leave no residue.

I use these same wipes for my glasses too. They are also great for cleaning camera lenses and touch screens on phones and tablets!

For really intense rides I use daily disposable contact lenses, and take an extra set with me into the park. If a lose a lens, no big deal, I have a back up and they would have gotten thrown out at the end of the day anyways.

I can totally relate, I wear glasses as well.. As far as the parks, I have been on Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, EE, Test Track, etc. with my glasses on and have not had any issues. My only recommendation would be to make sure that your glasses are completely on your face and pressed against your nose before the ride launches, I always do this especially on Space Mountain and EE lol.. If your glasses are loose and need adjusting I would recommend that you do this BEFORE you visit WDW just to be on the safe side..

As far as the water parks, I would NOT recommend wearing glasses on water rides, IMHO as a glasses wearer that cannot see without them this is actually one of the reasons why I avoid water parks altogether, I would rather avoid the hassle and prefer the main theme parks anyways.. If you must I would recommend either taking them off, or prescription sunglasses/googles as recommended by previous DISers.

This price of Chums retainer are definitely right and I appreciated the colour options. I was actually able to get the strap successfully on, so that right there is a big plus! They are comfy and seem secure. Work well on the wide arms of the sporty frames. The size is generous and they're cotton so they're comfortable around your neck.

This price of Chums retainer are definitely right and I appreciated the colour options. I was actually able to get the strap successfully on, so that right there is a big plus! They are comfy and seem secure. Work well on the wide arms of the sporty frames. The size is generous and they're cotton so they're comfortable around your neck.
Welcome to the dis, 111

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter