Status
Not open for further replies.
There may only be two rides, but I still can’t believe the size of Galaxy’s Edge. Just massive, and a massive undertaking to build that kind of immersive environment.

Pandora was impressive, and they’ve managed to one-up themselves.

I saw those aerials last night on twitter and loved the MK ones. They always remind me that Tom Sawyer and the riverboat is such wasted real estate. I'd love to see some additions so that Frontier Land isn't dead ended over in that direction. I'm not sure they could fit an attraction over there without building out some of the island. Though it would be a perfect place for more pirate stuff, but that wouldn't be themed right.

I saw those aerials last night on twitter and loved the MK ones. They always remind me that Tom Sawyer and the riverboat is such wasted real estate. I'd love to see some additions so that Frontier Land isn't dead ended over in that direction. I'm not sure they could fit an attraction over there without building out some of the island. Though it would be a perfect place for more pirate stuff, but that wouldn't be themed right.
There are a lot of people that like tom Sawyer island as a mid day retreat. Personally, i'm with you. I'm not a fan of the island or the riverboat. That is a huge amount of real estate that is vastly underutilized.

I'm willing to be there aren't "a lot" of people that like the island when compared to the overall number of people who visit the park in any given day. I'd love to see a bridge across and more development around HM. Dreams for another day.

Or build a bridge it could go under. A tunnel would also work.
True but if you build something on the island that is a major draw it would then have to be a sizable bridge or tunnel in order for traffic flow.

Personally I’d rather them leave it more as a quiet relaxing place. They could make some changes to the island but thematically it works well and is pleasing to the eye.

True but if you build something on the island that is a major draw it would then have to be a sizable bridge or tunnel in order for traffic flow.

Personally I’d rather them leave it more as a quiet relaxing place. They could make some changes to the island but thematically it works well and is pleasing to the eye.

I’d prefer them to build around the river than make the island more accessible. Basically finish a loop from Splash to Haunted Mansion roughly, or really any part back there. Certainly has the land for it, just requires a train rerouting.

Being from Hannibal, MO I like that it is somewhat secluded and the island isn't very accessible. Reminds me of actually going out to the islands Tom Sawyer played on.

I used to lthink be Frontierland when there was more going on - more and different boats on the water, more people used Tom Sawyer Island, they had more like atreetmosphere characters, etc .... now definitely feel like it could use a bit of “pulsing”

Hope they never fully get rid of Tom Sawyer Island - so much concrete in MK it is nice to have some real nature and a bit of quiet at times

I’d prefer them to build around the river than make the island more accessible. Basically finish a loop from Splash to Haunted Mansion roughly, or really any part back there. Certainly has the land for it, just requires a train rerouting.

I know it will never happen but I would love some sort of Haunted Mansion themed bar or lounge - sort of like the equivalent of Trade Sam’s but for the HM ... and could do it like a prohibition/hidden then that leads to a tunnel to atom Sawyer Island

I know it will never happen but I would love some sort of Haunted Mansion themed bar or lounge - sort of like the equivalent of Trade Sam’s but for the HM ... and could do it like a prohibition/hidden then that leads to a tunnel to atom Sawyer Island

That's what I thought the last time I was at AbracadaBar. The ambience set a mysterious mood and the colors/theme made me think of a HM equivalent.

This is very interesting. In looking via satellite images, there is a canal to possibly contend with on Floridian Way. Also, I thought I read on our boards that the Liberty Belle goes for service in the back of Rivers of America so that might be something to consider from a sight-line perspective.

I am trying to think of what attractions, if any, would fit with the theming between Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion on this loop; I am drawing a blank.

This is very interesting. In looking via satellite images, there is a canal to possibly contend with on Floridian Way. Also, I thought I read on our boards that the Liberty Belle goes for service in the back of Rivers of America so that might be something to consider from a sight-line perspective.
The Liberty Belle's dry dock is in the North Service Area. In order to get there it goes from the Rivers of America to that canal along Floridian Way then into Seven Seas Lagoon. That's why the Monorail line is so high here. From SSL, it transits the water bridge near the Contemporary to Bay Lake and then up to the dry dock area.

I am trying to think of what attractions, if any, would fit with the theming between Big Thunder and Haunted Mansion on this loop; I am drawing a blank.

Not sure if the theming has to transition. It could just be one or the other, like the abrupt change from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland. But it probably could transition. Haunted Mansion (Disneyland and movie at least) is set in Louisiana, Tom Sawyer is set along the Mississippi, and Big Thunder is generically Southwest-themed.

They’d want to tie it to popular IP nowadays, but something that fits the bill will probably come along. Anything with a remote connection to Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter