After hours - $149 for EMH?

In the wake of all of the junk going on right now, this is a bad look though. I get what you are trying to say and I could agree if we didn't have the following........
1) Half of DHS shutdown for two lands that won't open for 3 years at best
2) EPCOT FW is a ghost town
4) The recent cuts at domestic parks after record 4Q earnings due to Shanghai
5) Lack of any announcement for ROL outside of the start date
6) Rumor that ToT will be overlayed with GotG (just a rumor of course but one that is causing a huge stir from the fans nonetheless)
7) Rumored $15/night resort fee

I know some of these are rumors but it's all causing an uproar that hasn't been seen in recent memory. It just seems greedy especially if the idea that EMH will eventually go away.

I know I am opening myself up for the "Disney's a business" comments........

Well they can just close at the usual times and not offer an after hours ticket for all I care. Or they can offer one, doesn't matter to me.

If they close early for these events then it stinks. I agree that if it's after the usual closing time then it's not so bad. But would people really pay this much to go to a very late three hour something?

I also wonder what the select rides would be. For that money they'd better be the best rides.

If they close early for these events then it stinks. I agree that if it's after the usual closing time then it's not so bad. But would people really pay this much to go to a very late three hour something?

I also wonder what the select rides would be. For that money they'd better be the best rides.
Who knows, that's why I said it will make it on its own or fail.

Interesting nobody mentions all the extra CM hours this would potentially add.

We canceled our 2016 trip, and are already talking about doing the same for 2017. Mark my words, if they do this, I have a feeling this will be the end of Magic Hours. That rumor has already been going around for a few years that they would end.

This is the first step to ending them, if people pay the money, they'll end magic hours and onsite guest will have to pay it as well if they want access to the parks for the 3 additional hours.

This will be the end for my family. We'll go back for a once in a lifetime trip after star wars opens, but the yearly trips will be done.

I'll take my money elsewhere.

We have already taken our vacation money elsewhere. My salary has not increased enough to keep up with my normal household expenses, so my vacation budget hasn't seen an increase in a few years. I just can't justify the kind of money an on-site Disney vacation costs.

If they do this, and if it is successful. The prices in Halloween and Christmas Party tickets won't be far behind. What bothers me is that they aren't even trying to hide it in something or masquerade it as something awesome. It's just the fleecing of the guests.

I'm fine with Disney offering hard ticket events and they can charge whatever anyone will pay.

What I am not fine with is how guests are herded out of the park on those nights. And if you happen to schedule a later dinner you are treated like a criminal and perp walked out without even being allowed to use the restroom before exiting.

Considering just a few years ago there were guests paying people with disabilities to be tour guides just to get to the front of the line, I have no doubt that this event will be a big draw. As a previous poster said, there are plenty of people that go and worry about how they'll pay for it later. As long as there is a credit card will room on it, they can considerate a sign they should go.

Guess I should have posted this here instead of the main thread:

The $149 for three hours thing is ridiculous, but why are so many of you assuming it is the death of EMH. Why isn't it possible that these $150 nights are on non-EMH evenings. EMH is not every evening... this could simply be a way to use the parks on non-EMH evenings. And considering the cost/time ratio is more than double that of a christmas/halloween party, it does suggest that there is a catch to this. After all, why would they charge $75 for a Christmas party ticket, with little snacks, special characters, and special shows that last for upwards of 5 hours but then charge $150 for only three hours with non of that? The most obvious assumption is that it *is* limited in how many tickets they sale. If lines were extremely short through most of the park, I can see a certain crowd segment deciding it is better to spend $150 to ride almost everything they want to ride rather than spending $115 just to spend over half the day in lines.

It just seems like everyone immediately jumped on the "death of EMH" bandwagon, rather than seeing this as a "premium" extra for people with more money than time/sense.

edit:
After reading the page about the event, this stood out:
"And remember: admission is limited to only a select number of Guests. Be sure to purchase your tickets today!"

I do wish they revealed how limited this is. Technically the holiday parties are "limited", yet the park is still busy as all hell.

So, looking at park hours, typical EMH hours for MK, and the dates they are doing this party, it overlaps *one* wednesday of night time EMH hours at MK on May 4th. The interesting thing though is the party ends at 11pm but EMH hours go to midnight. So hotel guests apparently get to go to the event free of charge... and then stay an hour later? Or maybe they will remove that night time EMH from MK on that day. If they do, then that is a mind boggling ONE EMH day lost to this.

So for everyone calling this the end of EMH, go back to bed.

I guess I assume the death of EMH because why would they give away for free what they can charge $150/person for? :rolleyes1

So, looking at park hours, typical EMH hours for MK, and the dates they are doing this party, it overlaps *one* wednesday of night time EMH hours at MK on May 4th. The interesting thing though is the party ends at 11pm but EMH hours go to midnight. So hotel guests apparently get to go to the event free of charge... and then stay an hour later? Or maybe they will remove that night time EMH from MK on that day. If they do, then that is a mind boggling ONE EMH day lost to this.

It will start off as an extra and if it works, it will expand to where park hours are limited. Look how many parties they have and how that limits the hours of the parks.

It seems that the parks are getting too crowded, so instead of expanding park hours in general, they will limit them and then make you pay a ridiculous amount for what you used to get for free or relatively inexpensively (EMH or e-ticket nights)

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's not really all that bad. If I were going for a single day I'd love this.

$149 and I get to go in from 7PM-2AM, so 7 hours and I would get very short lines, free drinks and ice cream. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it looks like $149 is your ticket if you go in at 7, this isn't in addition to normal ticket price unless you go earlier. It would be awesome if they let people pay the difference between a single day ticket and this if they already have a multi-day ticket. We'll be there the 14th anyway, but because of the age of our children we couldn't take advantage of it. It seems to be a way for off-site guests to pay extra and get some EMH.

There have been rumors for quite awhile that Disney would end EMH, they've already reduced the night time EMHs from 3 hours to 2. To me, the way Disney has done things in the recent past, it doesnt take much of a jump to believe that this would lead to the eventual end of EMH.

It will start off as an extra and if it works, it will expand to where park hours are limited. Look how many parties they have and how that limits the hours of the parks.

It seems that the parks are getting too crowded, so instead of expanding park hours in general, they will limit them and then make you pay a ridiculous amount for what you used to get for free or relatively inexpensively (EMH or e-ticket nights)

Just a reminder, none of it was free, you paid for it with your ticket to the park and/or your hotel room.

Just a reminder, none of it was free, you paid for it with your ticket to the park and/or your hotel room.
True, I should have said included.

I have to agree with others that for right now, what is included and the age of my family, Disneyworld is still worth it. However, pretty soon, it really won't be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter