After Hours- why?

Genie+ isn't available for After Hours events but you don't need it. Almost everything is walk on or a really short wait.

I'm well aware of that but you are allowed in the park at 7 and the party doesn't start until 9:30, I want to book genie plus for a ride or two between 7 and 9 if it's possible to do it with just a party ticket and not a day ticket also, that is why I was asking.

I wouldn't pay for Genie+ for the 7pm to after hours start time. Just plan on hitting an attraction or two that really doesn't have a wait. Or - something that is closed during the After Hours event. As for my WHY - because they are AWESOME. Super low crowds - it's practically walk on - and will be walk on close to the end. Free snacks are fun. Parks at night with low crowds like that are magically. You feel special and you get a ton done.

I do recommend some protein in your diet before the after hours stuff starts. You want room for eating snacks, but it is all junk food.

It's PERFECT for an arrival day. That hasn't lined up for us yet, but I always hope for it.

We did the monday MK AH and it was great. Not maneuvering around crowds is a gift even before you get to how easily it is to ride rides.

Thank for the post. We are arriving at the GF on a Monday morning in March and will be doing the After Hours that evening. Your description is exactly what we are hoping for.

Would like to go on Jan 18th, but it’s sold out. Any chance of people cancelling or changing, or any last minute walk up tickets?

Still following to see if Disney releases any dates past the current April ones. I really want to do a HS After Hours during my trip in May and if they follow the same schedule, it would line up perfectly with my plans. Any ideas as to when they might announce more if they do?

Went last night to after hours at HS (Wed Jan 11th- second one of 2023 and it was sold out)
Here is our experience (yours may vary)

Arrived at 7:30pm via rental car
BTW we didn't pay for parking- they waived us on at the booth and we parked in preferred right near the entrance
No line to get into the park and get wrist bands

Walked over to Fantasmic (got obstructed views because there were tons of people by then)
Did some shopping at the shops after the show

Posted wait times were still sort of high at around 8:30pm (MMRR 35, MFSR 20, RnRC 45, SDD 60, ST 5, RoTR 70, TSM 15, ToT 95) so we didn't rush knowing that they were gonna drop significantly
Headed over to Star Wars about 915pm

Park was so empty- AMAZING
Lots of Photographers to take your pictures at strategic spots
Most rides were walk on for anyone with a wrist band at that point (posted 5 min)
And they checked for wristbands frequently, all night, everywhere

ROTR had a 5 minute wait the rest of the night
Slinky dog had maybe 10 minutes max at 10pm (I don't think we waited that long though)
TOT was the only ride with a decent wait right up until about midnight (20-30 min)
Lots of ice cream bars, water, spite, coke and Diet Coke (note that there were no carts in Star Wars- had to walk to Toy Story)

Did not see any characters except Chewbacca
My son was able to walk in and make a droid and light saber without reservations. Almost no one in those shops- which he loved because he got lots of personalized attention

We could have went into Oga Cantina with no reservation if we wanted, but we spent so much time making driod and light saber that we needed to get to some rides

No traffic to leave the park at 1245am

We all agreed it was money well spent
If you are on the fence, and can swing the cost- DO IT!!!!!!

Oh and one more thing- lots of xmas decor is still up in the parks with xmas music. I know some people are thrilled, be we feel like it's kind of stale now
What were the price ranges for droids and light sabers? It’s not something we’d be dying to do and wouldn’t bother for the scramble for reservations, but might be something we’d consider if it were walk up.

What were the price ranges for droids and light sabers? It’s not something we’d be dying to do and wouldn’t bother for the scramble for reservations, but might be something we’d consider if it were walk up.
There weren't any discounts for the party. So the Droid was something like $120+ tax (backpack to carry it was additional $60- we didn't get it) and the light sabers was $249+tax
My son used all his xmas money and birthday money for these toys.

as a side note, there was this little area outside the droid store where you could play with your droid. My husband kept saying they were having play dates with other droids lol

The one big caveat, and why I am reluctant on these- is that I've been to WDW a number of times. Unexpected things happen. Late nights are great when things work out, but if anything goes wrong you are stuck with it.

I love late nights, but there are also times we did not feel up to a late night, or the weather was lousy.

I'm well aware of that but you are allowed in the park at 7 and the party doesn't start until 9:30, I want to book genie plus for a ride or two between 7 and 9 if it's possible to do it with just a party ticket and not a day ticket also, that is why I was asking.
Haven't seen any reports for the after hours events. I was able to buy Genie+ on just my MVMCP ticket for the 3 hours before the party and found it was worth it to me. I started in the morning and had several rides stacked when I entered, party entry was 4 and my first one was maybe 3:20-4:20 time frame.

The one big caveat, and why I am reluctant on these- is that I've been to WDW a number of times. Unexpected things happen. Late nights are great when things work out, but if anything goes wrong you are stuck with it.

I love late nights, but there are also times we did not feel up to a late night, or the weather was lousy.

I'm sure weather is different, but we had MVMCP tickets that we couldn't use because Hurricane Nicole torpedoed our whole trip. They happily moved the tickets to the MK AH this week (and even refunded us the difference because it was cheaper).

If they were offered 3 or 4 times(at various Parks) during a stay, I would probably go each night. That frees up the day to relax -whether I'm by the pool, resort hopping, or in a Park. Obviously, for a family it's a big spend ...but my kids are grown now.

In off-season(whenever that is now!) I've been in Frontierland with literally no other people and walked on and off attractions with zero wait.
Yep, it’s so perfect for our family that I plan on doing it as many nights as I can for upcoming trips. It’s that good. I would gladly sleep in, rest at the resort all day, and go to the parks from 7-1am.

Reactions: GAN
I see there are some nights with both extended evening hours for delux resort and DAH (although at different parks). I've been to an after hours event in MK a few years ago which was great with everything virtually walk on, but not the new EEH. Is the DAH likely to be quieter that the EEH? Has anyone done these that could say how they found them? Thanks

I see there are some nights with both extended evening hours for delux resort and DAH (although at different parks). I've been to an after hours event in MK a few years ago which was great with everything virtually walk on, but not the new EEH. Is the DAH likely to be quieter that the EEH? Has anyone done these that could say how they found them? Thanks
Typically -yes. I’ve been to previous extra hours(been a couple years) and they were slightly more crowded but not too bad, but not better than a DAH.

Typically -yes. I’ve been to previous extra hours(been a couple years) and they were slightly more crowded but not too bad, but not better than a DAH.
I'm just trying to decide whether it's better to stay at a delux resort and have the benefit of EEH or a value/moderate and try to book some DAH events. So thanks that's helpful

I'm just trying to decide whether it's better to stay at a delux resort and have the benefit of EEH or a value/moderate and try to book some DAH events. So thanks that's helpful
If money isn't a major factor, I would stay at a Value/Moderate and book the DAH event ...which depending on your group would most likely cost you more money.

I was scheduled for the late night at AK in January before covid. I was freezing, so I just went into guest services as I left to tell them I wasn't staying. I don't know what I expected, but they did refund me! I think it had to do with me having another late night scheduled, and I had just finished that special dinner event they had in Africa. So, they do have the ability, but of course, it's not guaranteed.

So I wen to the MK one on Monday night. It was awesome to be in the parks with so few people. I even walked on 7 Dwarfs.

My only complaint was we got stuck on Small World (my daughter's favorite). Was it because of a ride malfunction? No. Cast members were cleaning the empty boats and letting the guests actually on boats stack up. We got on at 12:25 and by the time we got off the event was over. I was furious.

So I wen to the MK one on Monday night. It was awesome to be in the parks with so few people. I even walked on 7 Dwarfs.

My only complaint was we got stuck on Small World (my daughter's favorite). Was it because of a ride malfunction? No. Cast members were cleaning the empty boats and letting the guests actually on boats stack up. We got on at 12:25 and by the time we got off the event was over. I was furious.
I’d email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and express my displeasure. That’s unreasonable for any night, especially for an event that costs $$$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter