Aidan's wish trip to Tink's home 3/1-3/7

Just started reading your story today and I'm so excited for you family! I hope you all have a wonderful time in Disney!! All the best and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all deserve a bit of magic and family fun so I'll be thinking of you guys.

WOW! Thyssen Krupp went all out! They did an amazing job on that party!

Love the Big Gives so far. Doesn't it feel like Cmas!?! Or better?!!!

The next packages that we opened were from Lynn (cajunfan)! Lynn sent beautiful, red t-shirts with a design that said Aidan's Make a Wish Trip for all five of us!

121.jpg

We love the shirts! But that wasn't all that she sent.

Here are the boys opening the next ones:

122.jpg

What was in them? Cool Wall-E backpacks for Keegan and Aidan, and a super cute Tigger backpack for Peyton!:tigger: They'll be packing these backpacks as their carry-on.

124.jpg

Next were these really cool Eve light spinners! I tried to get a picture where the lights showed better, but this was the best one. They all absolutely love these!

128.jpg

And it just seems to never end! Wall-E utensils, plates, bowls, and footballs!

131.jpg

138.jpg

Wall-E and Tigger Shirts!

136.jpg

And last, but certainly not least, Addie got a shirt that matches ours, a Mickey dress, and cute red crocs.

135.jpg

Lynn, everybody was so excited to get all the goodies! Oh, and my husband says to tell you that he was "being the tripod". :rotfl: We love everything, and have even already used the plates, bowls, and utensils. :) Thank you for everything you did to make this trip extra special!

Big Give #5 is from Shannon in TX. Shannon, I have forgotten your DisName again, so please chime in! Shannon sent these awesome Mickey Head shirts with matching shorts! And she even sent Addie a matching dress!

151.jpg

Just so you guys know, Peyton was very tired by this point, but I didn't want to stop opening them since I wanted to post the pictures last night. So, he is in some and not in others. Hopefully we'll be able to get more pictures once we're in Florida

Shannon, thank you for the shirts, shorts, and Addie's pretty dress. We will definitely be wearing these for our trip, probably to Epcot. :woohoo: We really do love them!

Next are pictures of the fun stuff that we got from Jennifer (Scouthawkk). Jennifer sent great color roll-ups with coloring books. She made sure to send the kids' favorite characters, so Keegan got Wall-E, Aidan got Diego, and Peyton got Handy Manny!

153.jpg

155-1.jpg

They will be going on the plane with us! I can't think of a better way to keep crayons from rolling off the tray! These are perfect and will be getting a lot of use! Thanks, Jennifer!

Aidan got two very handsome shirts from April and Hunter. I hate to say this again, but April, I do not know your DisName, so please post when you read this and let me know! Anyway, one of the shirts is a very pretty royal blue color with Tink embroidered on it along with Aidan's name.

162.jpg

The other is a striped shirt with Tink on the front.

164.jpg

There was a very sweet note from April and Hunter. April, I wouldn't have minded the Tink Mickey at all! But he loves the two shirts that you sent, especially the blue one! Thank you for the kind note and for the shirts. I can assure you he will be wearing them! In fact, he fell asleep in the striped one last night. ;)

Big Give #5 is from Shannon in TX. Shannon, I have forgotten your DisName again, so please chime in! Shannon sent these awesome Mickey Head shirts with matching shorts! And she even sent Addie a matching dress!

151.jpg

Just so you guys know, Peyton was very tired by this point, but I didn't want to stop opening them since I wanted to post the pictures last night. So, he is in some and not in others. Hopefully we'll be able to get more pictures once we're in Florida

Shannon, thank you for the shirts, shorts, and Addie's pretty dress. We will definitely be wearing these for our trip, probably to Epcot. :woohoo: We really do love them!

what a great start to my day! I'm so thrilled to see that everything arrived safely - I hope you enjoy your trip! Sending LOTS of pixie dust your way for a magical journey!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your really busy day to post these pictures!!! I love seeing your boys' faces as they open them! You probably already figured out that Shannon is revrob. But, April is minnievanmom. Kimmysuv is my friend "in real life" (since we were 2) and she isn't even a Diser. But, she must have signed up, just to see your pictures! :rotfl:

I love, love, love the pictures and the commentary!

I swear, the generosity of the Big Give folks reaffirms everything that is good about humanity. To think that these are people we don't even know, yet they are so willing to take the time, expense, and effort to make sure that our children (and us) have the best wish trip experience possible. It's just astounding.:lovestruc

I swear, the generosity of the Big Give folks reaffirms everything that is good about humanity. To think that these are people we don't even know, yet they are so willing to take the time, expense, and effort to make sure that our children (and us) have the best wish trip experience possible. It's just astounding.:lovestruc

I completely agree. I started packing yesterday, and there were so many times that I found myself just holding the clothes and staring at them. To think of the amount of love put into them, it's just amazing. Thanks Big Givers. I'm not sure if you guys could possibly comprehend how much this means to the kids, and to us parents as well. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

SUPER AWESOME Goodies Big Givers!!!! The boys look so excited :-)

I can't wait to read more.popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

The boys were and are very excited! It's so fun to be packing and have one of the kids come up to me with a t-shirt in their hand saying, "Don't forget this one mom! It's my faborite!" And that happened more than once. :rotfl:

Looks like a the boys are getting some great things. I LOVE the Real Boys Wear Tink shirt. :thumbsup2

I love it, too! So does Aidan! :lovestruc I had to tell him what it said, but when I did, he giggled this sweet little giggle like he was just king of the world.

Have fun at the Blue & Gold Banquet! That sure does bring back memories (my now 16 yr old was a Cub Scout, but decided not to cross over into Boy Scouts). Is it just Keegan that is in scouting? (I can't remember if Aidan is in 1st grade or not!)

I am still in awe over the reveal party!

Lynn

The banquet was fun, but it was a bad weekend for it. It was supposed to be the first weekend in Feb. but they rescheduled due to all the ice and snow we got. This weekend just didn't work out for us. I felt rushed to get home, and didn't enjoy it as much as I would've liked to. But Keegan got his Webelos badge and a trophy for Pinewood Derby, and the dinner was delicious. Aidan will start as a Tiger in June.

OMG!!! OMG!!! :cool1::banana::thumbsup2

Super Reveal Party!!! How on earth do you ever top that??? So unbelievable!!!

Miranda, your boys are absolutely adorable!!!

THE BIG GIVE!!!!! More OMG, OMG!!! :cool1::) :thumbsup2

Absolutely awesome!! What wonderful people that are making so much magic for Aidan's Wish Trip!!!

Can't wait to see more.

Glad to hear Aidan is feeling better. Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers for Brigge too.

This trip has really turned out to already be more than I expected. And we leave in 18 hours!!! :scared1: The Big Givers have really gone above and beyond on this.

amazing reveal! Absolutley amazing! Can't wait to read more!

The reveal was amazing! And it was just icing on the cake to come home and find the packages from you and the others. I'm glad to see you found "your" update this morning. I love the boys' shirts and shorts! And Addie's dress, I wish you could've seen Aidan's reaction!

Just started reading your story today and I'm so excited for you family! I hope you all have a wonderful time in Disney!! All the best and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You all deserve a bit of magic and family fun so I'll be thinking of you guys.

:welcome: Thanks for following along! I am sure that we will have a better time than even we can imagine! I'll be sure to update after we get home!

WOW! Thyssen Krupp went all out! They did an amazing job on that party!

Love the Big Gives so far. Doesn't it feel like Cmas!?! Or better?!!!

Thyssen Krupp definitely went all out! It was so much more than I expected, and so magical for Aidan!

I think the "Or better" is more appropriate for the Big Gives! Santa doesn't make custom clothes like these and fill all his packages with pixie dust! pixiedust: Seriously, the boys are having a blast with the Big Give stuff. They're bossing me around to make sure I pack all of their stuff, and we'll be packing their carry-ons today. I'm sure that'll be even more fun!

Two words: We're remodeling. Please ignore the lack of curtains, the lack of paint around the baseboards, etc. When we started working on the house, we didn't know we would be going to Disney in the middle of it all. :headache:

Your so close!!:cool1: Get to packing girl. I'm loving all the boys Big Give stuff and Yes it is so overwhelming the amount of love you can tell goes into everything from the Big Givers. :love: If Im not on here before you leave. Have fun and we cant wait to meet you guys on Thursday!

What an amazing reveal! I loved it!

Very wonderful Big Gives! I sure hope Aidan is enjoying himself :)

Can't wait to see more...

Here, here.....Well said!!! :lovestruc

What a wonderful party, what wonderful "Big Gives"!! I love the pic of Aidan with Addie in her matching dress --- his expression is just precious!!! :)

So unbelievably excited and happy for you guys!!!

Blessings and prayers for a fantastic trip!!!!

I completely agree. I started packing yesterday, and there were so many times that I found myself just holding the clothes and staring at them. To think of the amount of love put into them, it's just amazing. Thanks Big Givers. I'm not sure if you guys could possibly comprehend how much this means to the kids, and to us parents as well. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Several years ago, my DH and I took an anniversary trip (without the kids!) to WDW. As part of that trip, we took the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour at MK. Part of the tour was dedicated to stories of how Disney "creates Magic" for it's guests. The stories were very heart wrenching, but not near as touching as a personal observation the next day. DH and I were in frontierland. There was a show being performed in the street. It wasn't a show that we would have normally stopped to watch, but because we had seen some of the characters the day before on the tour, we thought we would stop and watch. And right before our eyes, it began to happen. There was a young girl in a wheelchair with a "Make A Wish" button on her shirt. My husband leaned over and said, "Watch, they're about to make magic!" We watched as a character shyly approached the little girl, spoke to her, took her by the hand and asked her if she wanted to dance. She was afraid. But the character reassured her. Eventually, the girl was coaxed to join in the fun. And several characters joined in as well, as they gathered around this little girl and danced in the street with her. She produced the largest smile I've ever seen. She began to laugh. The parents began to take pictures, and laugh, and cry all at the same time. That little girl became the hit of the show. My DH and I stood with tears flowing down our face as we realized that the "MAGIC" was real! It was the sharing of a little kindness. It was allowing one child a few moments of extreme happiness that she would not have experienced without the slightest bit of effort by another to create the magic for her.

That experience still burns in my memory today. I hope I never forget it! I walked away from that show - determined that I would forever do whatever I could do to "create Magic" for someone else. Through the years, I've been involved in several different projects to benefit families with Make A Wish. none have been as rewarding as the Big Give. Maybe because there are so many that love creating the magic! It makes a little pixie dust into a BIG Magical experience.

So, I say all of that to say, REALLY, the joy is all ours! Big Give recipients do get to receive the magic, but WE GET TO CREATE IT! There are few things in life that bring greater joy!

Several years ago, my DH and I took an anniversary trip (without the kids!) to WDW. As part of that trip, we took the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour at MK. Part of the tour was dedicated to stories of how Disney "creates Magic" for it's guests. The stories were very heart wrenching, but not near as touching as a personal observation the next day. DH and I were in frontierland. There was a show being performed in the street. It wasn't a show that we would have normally stopped to watch, but because we had seen some of the characters the day before on the tour, we thought we would stop and watch. And right before our eyes, it began to happen. There was a young girl in a wheelchair with a "Make A Wish" button on her shirt. My husband leaned over and said, "Watch, they're about to make magic!" We watched as a character shyly approached the little girl, spoke to her, took her by the hand and asked her if she wanted to dance. She was afraid. But the character reassured her. Eventually, the girl was coaxed to join in the fun. And several characters joined in as well, as they gathered around this little girl and danced in the street with her. She produced the largest smile I've ever seen. She began to laugh. The parents began to take pictures, and laugh, and cry all at the same time. That little girl became the hit of the show. My DH and I stood with tears flowing down our face as we realized that the "MAGIC" was real! It was the sharing of a little kindness. It was allowing one child a few moments of extreme happiness that she would not have experienced without the slightest bit of effort by another to create the magic for her.

That experience still burns in my memory today. I hope I never forget it! I walked away from that show - determined that I would forever do whatever I could do to "create Magic" for someone else. Through the years, I've been involved in several different projects to benefit families with Make A Wish. none have been as rewarding as the Big Give. Maybe because there are so many that love creating the magic! It makes a little pixie dust into a BIG Magical experience.

So, I say all of that to say, REALLY, the joy is all ours! Big Give recipients do get to receive the magic, but WE GET TO CREATE IT! There are few things in life that bring greater joy!

Shannon,

That was beautiful.

OK you guys!!!!! HAVE A MOST WONDERFUL VACATION!!!!!! ENJOY!!!!

Hi, guys! Well, our limo picks us up in about 7 hours, and we'll be on our way to the airport. I wanted to write really quick to tell you all that I just haven't been able to be on the DIS as much as I would've liked today. The two day packing time frame just really kind of made things hard. We are now completely packed. :yay: But it took me all day today to finish it. In fact, I just now got back from WalMart for a last minute trip to get snacks for the plane. :laughing:

I say all of this because there are 4 wonderful people that I owe a big thank you to! Jamie, Crystal (AlternateEgo), DisneyKings, and Wendy (BillWendy) also sent us Big Give presents that we opened Friday night. I haven't been able to post the pictures of the wonderful clothes and other fun things that they sent us. And Crystal even had a group of 6 and 7 year old girls that helped to make shirts and shorts for the boys and Addie.

I promise each of you that your gifts have not gone unappreciated. I just haven't wanted to do halfway thank you's. I want each of you to see the pictures and know how much everything has meant to us. And I will make sure that I get an appropriate thank you posted once we get home next week. However, I didn't want to wait until then to let you know how much we loved the gifts. We will be wearing all of the clothes on our trip, so hopefully you will see some extra pictures in my trip report, too. But don't leave the pre-trippie just yet, because there are still a few posts for me to make.

Thank you to all of the Big Givers for what you have given us this week. And I don't mean just the tangible gifts. Your love and kindness were very apparent in every package that we opened. So, until I can do this the right way, I hope that this

:Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc THANK YOU!!! :Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc:bounce::Pinkbounc

will suffice. See everybody next week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter