Airmiles Armchair Chatter

:offtopic: I did an interesting survey last night. It was about current points rewards systems. It included rewards with CC and just a regular old points card. It was interesting. It also had questions on what and how we redeem the points. I sure wasn't going to let them know that for Cash miles with AM and optimum points that I transfer all the money from free groceries into a slush fund for vacation!!!!! It was one of the more interesting ones I have done in awhile. It was a long on though...45 minutes and got 26 AM for completing it. I'll take those 26 AM because I had the remote and was watching TV at the same time. It was an easy 26 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about that survey being linked to Airmiles proper -- yes you will get the points added to your AM account but i did the exact same survey and it was connected to my HBC account. If you do surveys for more than one company you might notice that once you actually get passed the screening questions the surveys are at times being managed by the same firm. This is why i mention during the promos that offer sign up bonuses to be careful with your responses because the fine print on most of them say you can get ALL of your accounts closed if you are doing more than one. (YES, i actively do maintain 3 other survey accounts but I try to be careful not to answer the same survey more than once)

Side note -- you may get to the end of a very long survey at times and be asked if you want to enter your Airmiles number to have your answers connected to your account -- might have the wording of it being connected to Sobeys -- this is a time when I make SURE not to dive into the same survey under a different survey company!

Side note -- you may get to the end of a very long survey at times and be asked if you want to enter your Airmiles number to have your answers connected to your account -- might have the wording of it being connected to Sobeys -- this is a time when I make SURE not to dive into the same survey under a different survey company!
Thank you for the heads up!!! It didn't ask for airmiles number. It more focused on the PC optimum points and RBC rewards...go figure

Shell shop
No Amazon gift cards available,,,,,,,,,,,,,darn
so I bought 6 bottle of ginger ale,,alot since I don't drink pop but I figure the sons will.
For some reason I got 51 airmiles?? should have been 41 airmiles ,,oh well.

Stopped by the LCBO to pick up some small bottles for xmas stockings,,,got everything I needed and asked about the new $10.00 LCBO vouchers,,:ssst:
clerk said yes I can bring in 5 $10.00 vouchers and exchange for 2 $25.00 gift cards.:yay::dogdance:
Now off to the garden to yank a few weeds.
Have a great summer day
Hugs
Mel

Does Lowes ever have free delivery on appliances. I need a new freezer but don't want to pay the $80 to have it delivered. I can afford to wait for a special offer to come up.

Edit to add: Just looked at their flyer. As it turns out there is free delivery on major appliance this weekend.
If you haven't ordered your freezer yet I thought I should mention that they often have multiplier offers that will stack with any & all offers on the airmilesshop webiste AND the free appliance shipping happens at least once a month. Just glanced back at their flyers on smartcanucks and on June 13th - 19th it was 3X the miles and free shipping, May 12th it was 12 X and no tax.

OH and their price matching even applies to their OWN pricing -- my oven dropped in price by $175 2 weeks after i bought it and they refunded that amount to my credit card so keep an eye on their flyer AFTER you buy the freezer!

If you haven't ordered your freezer yet I thought I should mention that they often have multiplier offers that will stack with any & all offers on the airmilesshop webiste AND the free appliance shipping happens at least once a month. Just glanced back at their flyers on smartcanucks and on June 13th - 19th it was 3X the miles and free shipping, May 12th it was 12 X and no tax.

OH and their price matching even applies to their OWN pricing -- my oven dropped in price by $175 2 weeks after i bought it and they refunded that amount to my credit card so keep an eye on their flyer AFTER you buy the freezer!
I love Lowes. The people in the store are amazing....if you are in need of help with a project they offer great advice and if you've had a problem with a purchase they will make it right. I have 2 Home Depots within a 10 minute drive but I always go to Lowes which is about 25 minutes away. Four years ago we reno'd our entire main floor including the kitchen. I bought some appliances from Lowes and the dishwasher came out of the box with a very badly dented kick plate. I called Lowes to see what could be done and the person immediately got the manager who took all my info and said she would start the process of getting the replacement. She asked me to bring in the damaged piece whenever I had time. Going forward the manager called me on a regular basis just to say she was keeping on eye on it. I probably took a month of more to get the part.

They will price match for 30 days after your purchase. I bought a BBQ there last year and on Saturdays they have the manufacturer reps in the store. We were planning to buy another Weber but after we talked with the Broil King guy we ended up buying one of those. He was the one that told me to watch the weekly add and that they would refund me if it went on sale. Sure enough it did and I got around $100 back. I had paid with prepaid Visa cards so they gave me cash.

I haven't done anything yet about the freezer. I have one in the basement that still works, it just gets frosty. Our family is downsizing as more boys move out. I'm battling with myself at the moment about whether I need a new one or not (so much easier if the one I had would just die, but it won't, because I want it to). I'm thinking of an upright instead of a chest freezer which will be easier to get in and out of and keep things organized.

I should just bite the bullet and do it.

I have a silly question...at Shell they have the buy 3 coke products for $5 get 20 AM...I was wondering if you can buy multiples in the same transaction, meaning if I bought 6 coke products would I get 40 AM? The cashier didn't know if there was a limit of one per day so I wasn't going to chance it if I wouldn't get my AM. I drive by every day on my way home from work so stopping once a day isn't a hardship.

I have a silly question...at Shell they have the buy 3 coke products for $5 get 20 AM...I was wondering if you can buy multiples in the same transaction, meaning if I bought 6 coke products would I get 40 AM? The cashier didn't know if there was a limit of one per day so I wasn't going to chance it if I wouldn't get my AM. I drive by every day on my way home from work so stopping once a day isn't a hardship.

Hi
Re: Shell coke products,,
So far I've only done 6 coke products per day and it has worked.=40 airmiles
For some reason I also got an extra 10 airmiles today???
Hugs
Mel

Sobeys Ont
Spend $100.00 get 100 airmiles OR 10.00 gift card
A&W gift cards --spend $25.00 get 35 bonus airmiles
Coke-Ginger Ale and Root Beer and Dasani water all have associate airmiles(buy 5 get 50 bonus airmiles)

Sobeys Urban Fresh
A&W Gift card spend $25.00 get 35 bonus airmiles

Foodland Ont
Spend $75.00 get 50 bonus airmiles
A&W gift card --spend $25.00 get 35 bonus airmiles

Last edited:
I was looking at the Tylenol buy 2 @ 11.99 each get 20 bonus airmiles @ Sobeys,,only reason is it say *Package NOT child resistant*,,I hate not being able to get the bottle open.
150 Eztabs 500mg.easy to swallow.
But I am new to buying Tylenol so maybe this price is too high?
Hugs
Mel

I was looking at the Tylenol buy 2 @ 11.99 each get 20 bonus airmiles @ Sobeys,,only reason is it say *Package NOT child resistant*,,I hate not being able to get the bottle open.
150 Eztabs 500mg.easy to swallow.
But I am new to buying Tylenol so maybe this price is too high?
Hugs
Mel
Just did some flyer surfing for you and found these prices for the same product for are either just below or considerable above that price. I would say it's reasonable for what you're getting and the airmiles are a bonus!! I'm with you on the bottle opening problem, I even get my scripts in easy open bottles because my hands can't get the child resistant ones open.

Hit up Rexall last night and we were pretty pleased with our haul .. not as many miles as I wanted but they didn't have any Benadryl in stock. I came close to the 250 i would get from ordering thru Well .ca BUT got waaay more stuff.
Transaction #1

• Pre-tax total $62.37
  • Loaded threshold Spend $60 get 60 AM
  • Coupon spend $40 get 60 AM
  • Amount saved for being an old lady - $15.60
Transaction # 2
  • Pre-tax total $47.12
  • Coupon spend $40 get 60 AM
  • Loaded bonus offers 16 AM (could have been 36 if Benadryl was in stock :headache:)
  • Amount saved for being an old lady -$16.87
  • Used the survey coupon to save $5.00 ( i rarely use this on my bigger transaction to lessen the chance of missing my miles!)

Total on the AMEX $118.20 and total miles snagged 205, not one of my best hauls but I got things i need, saved money & picked up enough miles to push my cash account to exactly 1,000 miles! GO ME

Just did some flyer surfing for you and found these prices for the same product for are either just below or considerable above that price. I would say it's reasonable for what you're getting and the airmiles are a bonus!! I'm with you on the bottle opening problem, I even get my scripts in easy open bottles because my hands can't get the child resistant ones open.
Thanks for checking for me,I appreciate it.
I didn't know you could ask for easy open script bottles,,I plan to ask next time I get one.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

Thanks for checking for me,I appreciate it.
I didn't know you could ask for easy open script bottles,,I plan to ask next time I get one.
Thanks
Hugs
Mel
YEAH, I've been getting them for years now. I have it on my account so that every script comes in bottles with pop lids. You can even just go to the counter and ask for some to replace those lids that I think NEED a child to open :P

Reporting back on the LCBO e vouchers,,I just cashed in for a few of these and it says
Limited to 10 e vouchers per transaction and can not be used to buy gift cards,,,so the clerk at LCBO yesterday was wrong.
Sorry if I mislead anyone
Regards
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter