Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Welcome home Mel. Sorry to hear your trip didn't go exactly as planned. How is your knee doing now. Will it be good to go shopping on Friday? Blue Friday can be stressful, running down to aisles to grab the last two ??:P:P. Just kidding. I hope its on the mend and that you are able to get back to your usual routine.

LOL I would be more than happy to get 2 packages of pasta to get the 50AM. Then the rest of my regular stuff. I undestand it's a great deal but hope that the store has a limit on how many you can buy. Unless you pre-order with manager etc!

Welcome home Mel. Sorry to hear your trip didn't go exactly as planned. How is your knee doing now. Will it be good to go shopping on Friday? Blue Friday can be stressful, running down to aisles to grab the last two ??:P:P. Just kidding. I hope its on the mend and that you are able to get back to your usual routine.

Lol :crutches:
I'll race you........:car::car::car: just kidding...I am hoping to get to Sobeys before work on Friday,,,,,,,,
My fingers are crossed that the cyst does not refill again and right now the knee feels pretty good.
I am just trying to figure out my new strategy for this year...I used to do weekly airmiles challenges for myself but *Blue Fridays* have kind of changed that. I haven't been getting many good low spend offers from Rexall,,everything has been spend 60 or above.
I'm also finding many of the things I used to get at Rexall are coming up way cheaper at Giant Tiger,,(Laundry detergent,bathroom tissue,garbage /recycling bags,Kleenex,paper towels,even my shampoo is cheaper).
https://www.reebee.com/flyers/10393/1297823
The offers/products on my Rexall Load N Go haven't changed in months,,I mean I can only buy so much Tylenol cold and sinus.
I think I may be looking at a monthly goal for airmiles instead of my weekly goal using Blue Fridays and hope for some Gift Card promotions as well.
Sobeys sent me a Survey today,,,maybe I can point them in the direction of the meal combination plans that they used to offer airmiles on, I really like those.
So get your list ready,,grab a coffee and gas up the car...cause Blue Friday is coming...:flower1:
Hugs to you
Mel

So question regarding Sobeys Airmiles deals. Where I live there are two-24 hour Sobeys within driving distance.

If I go at say 12:30am Friday morning (lol) do you think they'd have the promo pasta out and ready to go? I'm not going to buy extreme amounts of them (I'm thinking 10 bags maybe) but I really want to make sure I get in on this one. The beginning of the year is usually terrible for AMs so it would be nice to get a head start.

It's usually hard for me to go shopping after work on Friday. The Sobeys closest by is far from where I live or work. I also coach cricket practice on Friday until 6 pm. I will not have time between work and dinner to go shopping. If a Sobeys opens 24 hours, can I get the Blue Friday Deals when I shop after 12 midnight tonight? Or I will have to get up at 5 am to go shopping at 6 am before going to work. I am not sure if the Black Friday deals are worth the effort since there are not many things I need to buy for the moment that are either on sale or have good AM.

I set my daughter up with her own airmiles account for the last STB promo (taking a page from some of your excellent AM play books, folks!) and now I am wondering of there are any live email sign ups I can do for her to get bonus AMs?

I know there have been ones in the past like the Habitat for Humanity and the Rexall flu shot one (since expired) - do any of you remember some more?

Thanks in advance for any input!

So question regarding Sobeys Airmiles deals. Where I live there are two-24 hour Sobeys within driving distance.

If I go at say 12:30am Friday morning (lol) do you think they'd have the promo pasta out and ready to go? I'm not going to buy extreme amounts of them (I'm thinking 10 bags maybe) but I really want to make sure I get in on this one. The beginning of the year is usually terrible for AMs so it would be nice to get a head start.

It's usually hard for me to go shopping after work on Friday. The Sobeys closest by is far from where I live or work. I also coach cricket practice on Friday until 6 pm. I will not have time between work and dinner to go shopping. If a Sobeys opens 24 hours, can I get the Blue Friday Deals when I shop after 12 midnight tonight? Or I will have to get up at 5 am to go shopping at 6 am before going to work. I am not sure if the Black Friday deals are worth the effort since there are not many things I need to buy for the moment that are either on sale or have good AM.

Yep no problem cash registers should switch over at 12:01 and they probably have the shelves stocked and ready to go . Have you ever noticed when you go to the store that they have been bins at the end of rows filled with food that's not in the current flyer? That's so they can be ready when the flyer does switch over you're fine have a nice time at the grocery store at midnight! One caveat though you have to report back and tell us how you did:rolleyes1

I get it... I'm leaving work early so I can go get groceries! how fun is that? And hoping pasta is in stock... I'll be watching this thread all morning until I leave too, just to see if any one mentions it.

I think we shop at the same store. I wouldn't be above placing a few of those pasta packages in a strategic spot for you to find later in the day. That is if there are any left when I get there. Just saying:oops:

It would be worth a call to Sobeys Customer Service. The only thing I can think might be a problem is if Sobeys corporate doesn't download the Blue Friday specials for the stores to load into their store system until say 6am Friday.

Just did a Rexall Shop, bonus 50 AM when you spend $40 on P and G products which is mostly what my load and go offers were so that was good.
Spent a bit more than planned bc DH was with me lol
spent $75 but walked out w 199 AM so that's ok.
Looking forward to Blue Friday tmrw! It looks better than the last one

Still eating out of the cupboards, so no Blue Friday for me... :(
Yup...the hubby and I are trying to eat much healthier...I'm not sure I will be going out to participate in this one.

Told him that they are going to the food bank, so that helped. He then went and put in an order for the store as well thinking they might get a run on them.
As a former department manager at a grocery store, we were expected to be on top of an deals going on, and have ample inventory. Something our Safeway here is sorely lacking. Especially the laundry detergent when it's Blue Friday...by 9:00 Am it's sold out!!!!

Long story short...picked up a nasty chest/head cold
There is a very nasty cold/flu going through Florida this year. A co-worker who went to Florida at the begining of Dec bought it back with her, and now it's going around at our work. Many people at work ended up being very ill over Xmas. Thankfully, I have keeping a wide berth around her and the other, using some anti bacterial sanitizer more often and haven't pick it up. But there were VERY sick. I'm sorry your trip didn't happen the way you had planned. I know I would be disappointed about that.

Confession time ... I get Blue Friday anxiety.:rolleyes:
Yup...me too. I feel like " I know we will eat this etc etc etc " I want ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the AM i can collect to offset any costs for a trip ANYWHERE...i just wanna escape our winters here. I find them harder and harder to get through each year. So there is a balance. I need to find.

I set my daughter up with her own airmiles account for the last STB promo (taking a page from some of your excellent AM play books, folks!) and now I am wondering of there are any live email sign ups I can do for her to get bonus AMs?

I know there have been ones in the past like the Habitat for Humanity and the Rexall flu shot one (since expired) - do any of you remember some more?

Thanks in advance for any input!
Try going into Lowes and Rona. They usually have a sign up with a bonus of 25 AM's.

Confession time ... I get Blue Friday anxiety.:rolleyes:
I’m just sure I will make my lists and get there and everything will be gone. It’s weird to be feeling oddly competitive about ready made pasta right ? I’m such a weirdo. :rotfl2:
I get SO much anxiety. People often post in the morning saying they didn’t have anything of it and then when I get groceries around 5pm they have plenty as they have just put it out! But you never know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter