Airmiles Armchair Chatter

With Sobeys having pretty much no selection (I'm not sure the exact date they are closing) and needing to do a full shop, I opted to go to Metro and spend $95 get 95 AM instead of doing Bonus Boom. I'll probably go to Shell this week but it will be the only one I'm likely to do. I would like to get matching Christmas PJ's for the boy and I (and maybe the dog) from children's place but also don't really want to spend the money. So we'll see!

I'm really glad you posted about the family jammies! I had no idea that the children's place makes matching adult ones to go with kids ones.

With Sobeys having pretty much no selection (I'm not sure the exact date they are closing) and needing to do a full shop, I opted to go to Metro and spend $95 get 95 AM instead of doing Bonus Boom. I'll probably go to Shell this week but it will be the only one I'm likely to do. I would like to get matching Christmas PJ's for the boy and I (and maybe the dog) from children's place but also don't really want to spend the money. So we'll see!
They were supposed to close Oct 2 but ended up closing on Sept 30. Accroding to my hairdresser (who worked there on Sundays) they were down to one aisle and the produce/bakery section with not many patrons so they closed early.

I've been taking the cars for a drive (30 min once a week is recommended) and going to the Sobeys in Kanata. I'm getting used to the new store.

not directly related to airmiles but rather a concrete example of the wonderful community we've built here in what several of us have taken to calling our "SAFE THREAD "

I ventured out to the mailbox on Friday afternoon (don't get overly impressed, that means opening the front door, putting one foot onto the step and peering into the mailbox) and found the best surprise! @AngelDisney picked up the cutest socks while she was in Japan and sent them my way.
20201001_231103.jpg20201001_231330.jpg

Not air miles related, but I just had to vent my anger out loud at myself. I forgot to cancel my 30-day Amazon prime trial and got dinged $90 on my credit card!!! Arg!

Oh no, I thought they only charge $7.99 monthly after the trial, not the entire year upfront?

I just signed up for the trial this weekend, was planning to keep prime until after Black Friday since I’m ok with $7.99 for November...might need to reconsider if they charge $90.

I get billed annually for my Amazon Prime. I love it and find it a great value. I make a lot of smaller Amazon purchases with no delivery fees, I get Amazon Music which I use almost every day, and I get Prime. Lot's of good stuff on Prime. I also share the Prime video with my son who does not live at home. It's fair because he shares his Disney Plus with me.

I love my Amazon prime, given how often I order from them (best price on the food I feed my cats). I should watch the videos more often but they don't have a lot kiddo enjoys and I don't get a lot of time to watch things without him. I was doing monthly payments but switched back to yearly.

I decided to keep the Amazon Prime, paid for the year because it is cheaper that way and we're loving it -- not so much for the ordering even though it is awesome to have things show up at my door in less than 24 hours if i pick the right items - for the videos!!! So much in fact that we cut back on our cable tv package and will more than likely cut the cord completely by the end of this year. We have more than enough content between Netflix & Prime to keep us happy. we've watched a ton of new releases, started a few series and are enjoying ALF again!

My suggestion for the unexpected charges for things like this? I don't leave a credit card attached to any of my accounts, ever! I get periodic emails warning me that there's a problem with my payment method and i just ignore them. When i actually buy something I add the card in and once the order ships, i delete it again.

My suggestion for the unexpected charges for things like this? I don't leave a credit card attached to any of my accounts, ever! I get periodic emails warning me that there's a problem with my payment method and i just ignore them. When i actually buy something I add the card in and once the order ships, i delete it again.
That's a good idea, never thought of that. There's a few places I might use that.
What I always do is round up my numbers. I put everything on my MC for AM's and pay them off once I get home. If the total is $2.76 I pay $5. If the total is $49.99 I pay $50. What ever I owe I round up to the closed $5. If I had made more than one purchase I add them together and round that number up to the nearest $5. That way I always have a credit and when things like Prime come due the money is already there. Right now I have a credit of $160ish. Helps so much when those little surprises show up.

This is my BMO offer
But I don't know if I have to use my BMO mastercard to get the 25 airmiles,,anyone know the answer to this?
Thanks
Mel
Get​
25​
AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

when you load any Partner offer in the
AIR MILES App by October 12, 2020.1​

This is my BMO offer
But I don't know if I have to use my BMO mastercard to get the 25 airmiles,,anyone know the answer to this?
Thanks
Mel
Get​

25​

AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

I’ve had that offer several times over the past couple months. All you need to do is load it on. I’ve never even purchased the product. Just add it to the app on my phone and got the AIR MILES.

This is my BMO offer
Thanks
Mel
Get​

25​

AIR MILES® Bonus Miles​

I got this one in August, I did it but the AM never posted. I have them flagged to follow up on January 1st.

Mine this week was to buy anything using rewards miles in the AM catalogue and get 300AM. I think I’ll do it. I’m 400AM short of Onyx and this will ensure I get it. But what to buy....? lol

I got this one in August, I did it but the AM never posted. I have them flagged to follow up on January 1st.

Mine this week was to buy anything using rewards miles in the AM catalogue and get 300AM. I think I’ll do it. I’m 400AM short of Onyx and this will ensure I get it. But what to buy....? lol

Hmmmmmmm.....
Koppers Home Country Christmas Tray and Cookie Jar
1,096 Dream Miles
1602107589677.png

The perfect gift for the baker in your life, our decorative Ceramic Country Christmas Tray & Cookie Jar
ensure your treats stay fresh until you're ready to serve them on this charming matching ceramic tray.

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #1

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #2

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #3

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #4

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #5

New
I have my eye on this.
Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™
1288 Dream airmiles

There are quite a few things under Fashion & Beauty worth looking at.
Have fun!
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm.....
Koppers Home Country Christmas Tray and Cookie Jar
1,096 Dream Miles
View attachment 530720

The perfect gift for the baker in your life, our decorative Ceramic Country Christmas Tray & Cookie Jar
ensure your treats stay fresh until you're ready to serve them on this charming matching ceramic tray.

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #1

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #2

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #3

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #4

Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™ #5

New
I have my eye on this.
Braun ThermoScan® 7 Ear Thermometer with Age Precision™
1288 Dream airmiles

There are quite a few things under Fashion & Beauty worth looking at.
Have fun!
Hugs Mel
Oh! Yeah, those are great options!! I was looking at the soniccare air flosser? or the Conair percussion massager? lol it's like Christmas in October! We even get turkey this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter