Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was coming to check about the My Sobeys offers and see they finally popped in! Phew. Though they all seem to be for things I don't normally buy. Weird.

Just back from Disney yesterday so I apologize if it's already posted

Husband and I just received in mail booklets from Sobeys "Let's spring towards more miles", haven't seen a booklet in at least a year or two. There are 8 Sobeys/Foodland coupons (like MyOffers) and 5 others (Rexall, Airmilesshops, Children's Place, Goodyear and Global Pets) with a bonus 50 airmiles if you use at three different sponsors. Dates vary, promo May 6 to June 16

Just back from Disney yesterday so I apologize if it's already posted

Husband and I just received in mail booklets from Sobeys "Let's spring towards more miles", haven't seen a booklet in at least a year or two. There are 8 Sobeys/Foodland coupons (like MyOffers) and 5 others (Rexall, Airmilesshops, Children's Place, Goodyear and Global Pets) with a bonus 50 airmiles if you use at three different sponsors. Dates vary, promo May 6 to June 16

Hope you had an awesome Disney trip! 107 days until I got :)

I have not received a booklet, sounds good though, so I wish I would!

Hello! You are all so knowledgeable on the air mile program I thought someone here my know the answer to my question! I am planning a trip to WDW December 2020, and have been saving my points for universal tickets and hopefully our resort stay for the non-Disney portion of our trip. I was planning to use my dream miles but when looking at the the resorts available (I used 2019 dates to search) the one I was hoping to stay at wasn't listed (Sheraton Vistana Resort). Is it true that as a an Onyx member we can request items not listed and if so, does that include hotel stays? Thanks!

Hello! You are all so knowledgeable on the air mile program I thought someone here my know the answer to my question! I am planning a trip to WDW December 2020, and have been saving my points for universal tickets and hopefully our resort stay for the non-Disney portion of our trip. I was planning to use my dream miles but when looking at the the resorts available (I used 2019 dates to search) the one I was hoping to stay at wasn't listed (Sheraton Vistana Resort). Is it true that as a an Onyx member we can request items not listed and if so, does that include hotel stays? Thanks!

Hi! I just wanted to say, that yes, as an Onyx member you can request a quote for something you want. I believe it has to be something that can be ordered online only however. I used it to get a computer recently.

I'm afraid I don't know about hotel stays. That's a good question. In the past I was debating stays at various hotels that weren't listed on Air Miles' website. I never thought of the personal shopper for that before. Maybe someone else will know.

No, you cannot request it for a hotel stay. It has to be something concrete, like a thing or entrance tickets to something (but not a seat-assigned show). I tried in the past and was shot down. It also has to be above 100$ in value, and also available in Canada.

:welcome:To our little community, glad you found us, you'll find us a very helpful group so never be afraid to ask ANY questions.

Sorry to tell you that you can't get the Personal Shoppers to snag hotel rooms that aren't on the list of ones you can see on the website. Like @Disney Addicted mentioned they will only get actual "things". Basically the type of things you might find under the Merchandise section of the rewards.

Regarding the "buy 6 items" question - Please double check when going through your own checkouts, but 1 of anything in that flyer section should count as 1 of 6. So if you bring 4 yops, even if they're all the same flavour, that should count as 4 of your required 6. So for deals like that I usually pick 6 of the cheapest items which I know will get eaten, and then it's a great value for bonus AM's.

Regarding the late My Offers... of interest, the email I got which linked to the My Offers page to load my deals... was titled "better late than never" and while it was themed to people maybe doing belated shopping for Mother's day... I personally think it was a comment on how the actual offers were late being sent!

Just back from Sobeys. The Fried Chicken is $14.99 for 9 pieces (at my store) and the salad was 5.49 (will put that away for BBQ on Sunday). The Hamburger Helper is $2.22 ea not 2/$2.22. The Yop drinks didn't ring up properly but they manually adjusted the AM.

I tried piece of chicken. It has a bit of spice to it but not too much. Nice and crispy not too much fat beneath the skin. It will make a good dinner and leftover lunch.

You reminded me that I was going to do this so I just sent off the request. I will let you know when I hear back. They said 4 to 5 days.

I ended up sending in a request for a quote on three different Universal Studio options today. I just checked my e-mail and to my surprise I already have the quotes.

1) one adult 3 park-to-park Seasonal Annual Pass = 6,100 miles (Universal is charging $403.99
2) four adult 3 PTP 2 day tickets with 3 days free promo ticket (total 5 days) = 20,525 miles = 5,131.25 miles EACH ticket * - Universal is charging $339.99
3) four adult 3 PTP 3 day tickets = 21,725 miles = 5,431.25 miles EACH ticket * Universal is charging $359.99

* I'm shocked at how many miles they want for the promo and regular tickets. We started seriously saving for these tickets April 2018. I kept a running tally in our air miles tracking spreadsheet. I was expecting 18,000 miles at the most, which is 4,500 per ticket. Considering these tickets were last at just under & just above 4,000, I thought that was a fair increase for $20 US price increase.

For option 3 - Air Miles was last offering the 3 day 3 PTP adult tickets at 4,050 miles each. That's an increase of 1,381 miles. Keep in mind Universal has only increased ticket prices by $20.

For option 2 - Air Miles started offering the promo "Buy 2 Days Get 2 Days free" promo for 3,975 miles each. Universal was charging $319.99 for those same tickets. Air Miles recently dropped the cost to 3,250, most likely to try and clear out their stock that was suppose to expire at the end of this month. A week ago, Air Miles took these tickets off their web page and brought them back a few days later at the same 3,250 miles cost but upped the expiry date to June 30th. I would really like to know how Air Miles feels the current promo tickets (B2D but get 3D free), which Universal has only increased by $20, is worth an increase of 1,156 miles.

I'm thinking of writing back tomorrow to ask why the huge increase. Am I missing something? I'm stumped. I asked for a quote on a particular computer and found it to be quite fair. In fact, less air miles then I expected. I've been using this computer for a month now and love it. I also have asked for quotes on 4 Animal Kingdom tickets and 4 MNSSHP tickets (which we have not ordered at this time), but again I thought the air miles cost was reasonable and fair. I'm really shocked by the cost of these Universal tickets.

By the way, please do let me know what Air Miles tells you! I'm curious if we are all being told the same rate or different.

Last edited:
Rexall app, we didn't receive any threshold offers this week.

It's going to be a slow airmiles week, I may do Metro 25am when you cash in 95 offer or pick up a few Sobeys items, but only if I'm going by anyway.

There should be new instore offers at Sobeys as of yesterday, may scout the aisles if I go.

Is there any rhyme or reason for “taxes and fees” for AM flights? I’m starting to look at our dates for spring break next year and I noticed that the ones with the lowest AM had fees a few hundred higher (for 4 tix)than those at higher AM fir the same dates on Air Canada. It’s almost as if they’re essentially the same where one costs more $ in fees and the other is more AM but less $ in fees. You would think for the same destination and dates and same airline, the fees would be the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter