Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Don't forget that today is the day for the spend $10 get 50 ams at Metro.
Aw darn - I just shopped there yesterday but I did have a spend $20 get 50 so I did earn that. Today if you shop and spend $10 you can get the 50 miles plus if you have cash miles you can cash in $10 and get another 30 bonus miles (well at least I have that offer , not sure if everyone has it)

Aw darn - I just shopped there yesterday but I did have a spend $20 get 50 so I did earn that. Today if you shop and spend $10 you can get the 50 miles plus if you have cash miles you can cash in $10 and get another 30 bonus miles (well at least I have that offer , not sure if everyone has it)
You have to opt on for the use $10 air miles cash get 30 bonus miles before shopping.

1711639606236.png

Terms & Conditions​

* Offer valid on March 28, 2024. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario, excluding Thunder Bay. Opting in to the offer is required before using the AIR MILES Card at the time of purchase. Minimum eligible purchase must be spent in a single transaction and excludes taxes, tobacco, beer, wine, cider, Western Union, lottery, transit tickets, stamps, gift cards, prescription medications, behind the-counter pharmacy items, and purchases from in-store vendors. Limit of one per Collector Number. AIR MILES Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. Please allow up to 120 days post-transaction for Bonus Miles to be awarded to your AIR MILES collector account. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

A thousand thanks gang, I found both offers and made a very quick trip down to the Metro to pick up lunch & a treat for hubby - a ham and cheese wrap, and a 2 pack of pecan butter tarts and it *cost* me $1.31. I had completely forgotten about the spend $10 offer and hadn't looked at the website for days - that offer for using cash miles wasn't in my app but I found it buried online.

I've really been running on auto-pilot the past couple of weeks while dealing with a couple of health scares, mammogram that required a couple of follow-up appointments and the knee cap that I fell on before we went to Florida still isn't better and it's looking like I managed to crack it. 1st one has come back with the all clear "sorry we freaked you out" but the knee cap requires an MRI & ultrasound now since the X-rays showed "insufficient details" for an accurate diagnosis.

I neglected to remember that it was lunch hour and our metro sits within walking distance of 2 high schools and the university housing, coupled with the mad panic "OMG the stores will be closed tomorrow, how will we survive" shopping so it was a ZOO complete with security guards at both the entrance and exit doors and the parking lot resembled a demolition derby

Geez I still have to go out shopping today but I am heading to my local Sobeys which isn't busy at the best of times so I think I may be okay. No Metro for me today as it is too far to travel. I may cash in $10 online for an evoucher for either Swiss Chalet or Bath & Body works because the offer is good for evoucher redemption as well.
I am heading to the cottage tomorrow for it's spring check it out and see how it survived the winter so we will probably shop at Foodland while we are up there. Not AirMiles but a food store.

You have to opt on for the use $10 air miles cash get 30 bonus miles before shopping.
I saw the offer after I got home from shopping and I had redeemed $10. I read the T/C and they usually say that you must opt in prior to redeeming... These terms and conditions say that you need to opt in during the offer period. I opted in and will hope for the best. It has worked in the past.

I'll post the T/C here for future reference in case anyone has trouble (ie me)

1711651121454.png

Last edited:
As a result of this weeks events I have not been able to grocery shop. I tried to place a PC Express order but the pick up slots were just not going to help me and I mainly need produce which they seem to give me all the garbage. Monday when I stayed home, I should have gone out for groceries but after the weekend I'd had I really needed to stay in my house and get myself organized for my work week. LOL...didn't turn out so organized anyway, I am going in to work today to try and get back on track. Yesterday I really wanted to go to Metro to do the Flash offer but my mom wanted soup from Fortinos. She said not to rush to get it, that Saturday would be fine...well no way I'm going there on a regular weekend. I grabbed a couple things for my house while in there, turn the corner to head to the cash and it's PACKED. Standing in line I'm thinking why did I not just get a cart and get everything I needed, to heck with the price. So I'm left with having to get up at 6:30 tomorrow to go and do a proper shop. Fingers crossed that doing so will get me back to my normal routine.

Dropped off the soup and ask if my mom has been keeping track of the medication. I insisted that she write down every time she took the pills, so there was no guessing as to what time the next pill is. Well don't I discover that yes, she has been writing everything but she has been taking ALL the pills. She was supposed to take Tylenol but only if that wasn't helping could she take the stronger stuff after an hour. What does she do....she just kept taking both all night long. She tried to say that we did not tell her. Right...we went over it at least 4 times, then I went over it with my oldest when she arrived to take over and my mom was right there for that.

Can anyone help me out as to how many base points I earned this morning...
I am not sure what to multiply x by 40 (Max Pass)

maxpass40.jpg

Thanks
Hugs Mel
1711718520189.png

Last edited:
Did you purchase $35 worth of things in store. If so, that gives you 7 base miles for your instore. Fuel, you have 1 base mile. Your max pass should generate 40X on those two (or 312AM). I don't think you can earn Max on the bonuses you have been awarded.

That's my take on it anyway. Good haul!

Did you purchase $35 worth of things in store. If so, that gives you 7 base miles for your instore. Fuel, you have 1 base mile. Your max pass should generate 40X on those two (or 312AM). I don't think you can earn Max on the bonuses you have been awarded.

That's my take on it anyway. Good haul!
Yep I actually spent 43.23$ in store and $50.15 in regular gas.
I might drag my sister to Shell to get gas tomorrow when we meet up for Easter treats.

Thanks Hon.

Last edited:
mel, and anyone else who grabbed a max pass for Shell here's the math to use,
in store items that qualify:
Every $5 pre-tax gives 1 BASE mile that single mile is the ONLY one that gets the 40x

Fuel:
every base mile you earn is what gets 40x , dollar value doesn't count

only look at your BASE miles

metro is the same, it's only BASE miles.
That means 1 mile for every $20 pre-tax that you spend

Doesn't matter how you pay for either offer, you can redeem miles if that's how you roll, you are earning on the base miles awarded from the store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter