Airmiles MEGA MILES ****Bonus miles are posting now*** Timeline added to 1st post

It looks as though I can get 4, maybe 5 this time. We are heading to Mexico next week so my mind is really not in the AM game, I will have to get cracking on it when we get back.

Yes - if you go on the mega miles site, you can save your offers and then it lines each of them at the top in the blocks to make your five. When you put in Safeways and Sobeys and Safeways/Sobeys Pharmacy it allows them as 3. I tried it with both Shell coupons and it only counted them as 1 in the top box. So I'm guessing going by that then yes, Safeway and Sobeys and even their pharmacies are considered different sponsors.

Hard to explain, but when you go on the site and do it you'll see what I mean.

Thanks! :) this is very helpful. But how strange that this can work in alberta but not ontario? air miles sure plays tricks with us sometimes...

This is actually going to be a bit of work for me, especially since we are out of the country for a good chunk of the offer period.

I can do Shell and LCBO easily. We leave too early on March 16 to buy a gift card on the way, so the Sobeys gift card offer is a miss for me. I can probably get to 20 transactions on my AMEX - normally that would be easy, but it'll be harder in my limited time span. Then I'm probably looking buying stuff I don't really need right now, but can ultimately use: probably Sobeys Pharmacy (at least that one's only $10), Air Miles Shops, or maybe The Children's Place. My kids are starting to grow out of their stuff though, both physically and stylistically, so that one might be harder. At a stretch I could probably find something to buy at Rexall, but that one has never worked well for me. I'd like to see a Metro offer too!

I think I'll get there, but this will for sure be harder for me than the last Shop the Block.

I stopped in at Sobeys this morning and they knew about the promotion, but said they haven’t got booklets given to them yet...

I think this should be pretty easy for me. I (in Ontario) am going to attempt:

Rewarding Your Opinions sign up (already done, 1 down lol)
LCBO purchase
Shell Gas
Foodland Groceries
Sobeys Pharmacy purchase

I wanted to do the Sobeys gift card purchase but am going to be out of the country from the 16th to the 27th so that's out.

I will also probably do Rexall as an extra when I get back. :)

Game Plan (I'm in Manitoba) My card.

GROCERIES: we spend roughly $80 a week on groceries.

Offer 1: I live a 5 minute walk from safeway. We need groceries. It's also buy one get one free week. Spend min $60

Offer 2: Next Wednesday. Sobeys. Take advantage of buy one get one free week before deal ends. Spend min $60

Offer 3: rewards survey

Offer 4: Shell when hubby gasses up.

Offer 5: airmileshops. Shop at 2 partners.

Partner 1: BB&B Need to buy a new double stroller. Was look at joovy caboose last week. On sale for $179.99. have a 20% off coupon + 2X miles

Partner 2: Amazon. Buy GC for Amazon through Ebates. Buy nephew & hubby their birthday presents (both April 6)

Offer 6 (to be safe):. Tell hubby he has to drink Rickards instead of his usual Bud/PBR

CARD 2 HUBBYS CARD
Buy Sobeys & Safeway gift card through Ebates for cash back

Offer 1: IGA right next to son's school. Grocery shop there on week 3

Offer 2: grocery shop at sobeys with GC for week 4

Offer 3: use Safeway gift card. Spend $60 and stock up on diapers, frozen fruits veggies & pizza / non perishables

Offer 4: children's place. $50 shop online with ebates. My children need clothes. 1 of my friends just hah a baby and 2 are still pregnant Soo.. presents!!

Offer 5: gas up at shell

Offer 6 to be safe: make hubby do the survey

my sister and I are also going to attempt to earn air miles for my mom (we are surprising her by bringing her to Disney as a retirement gift to her )

MOMS CARD:
offer 1: complete survey

Offer 2&3: twice a month I grocery shop for my grandmother. She's 93. She gives me a list and money and usually spend around 80 each time. Will shop for her at Sobeys at the beginning of this month and then again at IGA

offer 4: pass the card off at the beginning of april for my sister to use for groceries at Safeway

Offer 5: sister will probably do Staples.

Offer 6: sister will make her hubby drink Rickards instead of his usual corona

Anyone see anything flawed in my plan? This is my first time ever attempting to seriously collect air miles.. usually I just show my card whenever someone asks for it and earn a mile here or there...

Last edited:
Just went to staples to use my coupon but they had a special 10% off for International Women's day so she said I couldn't get both so I took the 10% off as it was a better savings.

Well I'm a bit happier now thanks to you all. I didn't notice the one for signing up to do surveys, so I signed up and did a survey. And did the HBC rewards. Not sure that will count if I don't buy something but I'm hoping. So I'm happy two (hopefully) down and nothing spent! Phew! Now to stop at Shell, do the Sobeys $10 pharmacy one, and one more. I think probably book my hotel for my cruise.
All the LCBO ones sure make me wish I drank though lol

First of all, so jealous of all those going away in the coming weeks! I wish we had something planned for the March break. Still trying to figure out something fun locally to do with the kids since I've got a few days off work. Wonder if they want to help Mom collect the Mega Miles, lol.

I was just looking at the offers on the Quebec site and there is one there for signing up for an IGA account get 10AM and it is a coupon used. Sobeys owns IGA in Quebec so I'm wondering if this would count as a separate sponsor or would I not have to use the Sobeys one. Cross provincial boundries, I'm not sure this will work but it seemed like and easy one to do. Can we do offers from different provinces? I can shop at an IGA, they are just across the river.

edit: So I did an online chat and we are able to do offers across provincial borders (knew that one) and the IGA sign up (in Quebec) and Sobeys (in Ontario) will count as two sponsors. Think! you have a cottage in Quebec:ssst:

Last edited:
So, I was going to order from Children's place (and did, but then cancelled) because I can't tell if my airmiles number attached. It doesn't say it anywhere on the receipt. I put it in, I can't tell if it took it? Any experienced TCP shoppers?

So, I was going to order from Children's place (and did, but then cancelled) because I can't tell if my airmiles number attached. It doesn't say it anywhere on the receipt. I put it in, I can't tell if it took it? Any experienced TCP shoppers?
I'll walk you thru this process with some screenshots ...
go to this website:
Children's Place and you will see this banner across the top of the page
upload_2018-3-8_15-16-34.png
carry on and create your order and when you get to the checkout page you will see this -- like my pretend order BTW??
upload_2018-3-8_15-22-10.png
You will put the code from the Mega Miles coupon in the PROMO ID box NOT the coupon code box .. code is 345CP20

NOW .. i don't think this will count as an online transaction since you can't get to it from the Airmilesshop website so it won't help with that offer.

Last edited:
Thanks! :) this is very helpful. But how strange that this can work in alberta but not ontario? air miles sure plays tricks with us sometimes...
My first thought was that this nothing to do with Airmiles and everything to do with the Ontario College of Pharmacists -- no bonuses of any kind are allowed on medications but then i remembered that we are still able to earn AM & PC points on OTC products so i agree, it's odd BUT i'm happy that Sobeys & Urban Fresh are being considered 2 separate sponsors!!!

I can answer my own question. I tried placing an online order and nowhere we can enter a coupon code during the checkout process. Looks like I will be going to Bureau en Gros today!

Staples, you can do it online. Enter the coupon number in the coupon code field and it pops up as megamiles, you can check it by clicking on the add/edit coupons field and it will popup something like this:

upload_2018-3-8_16-7-48.png

Just a heads up on the Sobeys Pharmacy - the stittsville store says you must have one single product that costs $10 in your order. This seems to match the front of the coupon, but the small details say 'total spend'. They also refused the paper coupons I printed out and insisted they must be the glossy ones from their customer service.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not. When looking at the offers online if you look at the offers "by partners" instead of "all offers" it isolates and lets you know what coupons will count (Sobeys/Sobeys pharmacy/Urban Fresh/Foodland). I wasn't certain if I could use Urban Fresh and Sobeys to purchase GC but looks like I can.

Also it isn't showing on the website yet but a link I got from Airmiles showed a Metro coupon for Mar 22-25 for spend 95Cash miles get 50AM and $10 off of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter