Airmiles Mega Miles BONUS MILES HAVE POSTED!!

As much as i like these bonus promos. I cant believe that it is still going to go. Do they really thknk there will be product to put out with the way people are reacting.
Come on people will really hate me when i get skids of pickles and relish or oatmeal.
Have to have some humour.

As much as i like these bonus promos. I cant believe that it is still going to go. Do they really thknk there will be product to put out with the way people are reacting.
Come on people will really hate me when i get skids of pickles and relish or oatmeal.
Have to have some humour.
So what is happening with your end? Did you come home, did you stay? Inquiring minds need to know. :) Hope all is well.

Shell really scares me -- we drive Frederick (a very sophisticated Honda Fit) and even if he's starving we can't squeeze much more 30 L in and we rarely fill up more than once a month - they better have an in-store offer as well.

Indigo - this could help you do TWO coupons in you have a MasterCard however -
Use your
MasterCard to buy a gift card for at least $45 and poof you've done your one coupon. Then turn around and use said gift card at Indigo online for any number of things, they have a great selection of *odd* gifts that can fit the bill for baby or bridal showers, wedding gifts, stationary etc, not just books. How about games or puzzles for the at home time we're being gifted :P

Just wanted to let you know I can do another Shell offer for you. I probably won't be filling my tank again within the next 3 weeks as I just filled it completely full for the Shell bonus day on the 11th. I'm off until the schools reopen. But my husband is still working and usually fills up every 4 or 5 days.

I tempted to apply for a BMO Mastercard this time around. I doubt I will be completing Mega Miles for 3 cards this year. One for sure. The second... eh, I don't know yet.

I know I can do both cards for this easily.

Mine - BMO, Sobeys, Irving, Pharmasave, Nike through Airmiles Shops (will be spending $160)

DH - Lawton's, Irving, Shell, Pharmasave, The Children's Place through Airmiles Shops (not spending the usual $100 though)

So I couldn't wait for Mega Miles to start and had to order something today from the Source. My nephew needed headphones for his work so I ordered them today for shipment on Thursday. I am sure that I can find something else to order if I do participate in Mega Miles. We tried to buy them from Best Buy so he could have them for work tonight but they had none in stock so back home we went and ordered them online but at least I earned 7 whole air miles. He will just have to wait until Thursday to get them and I told them it would be an early birthday present.

So I couldn't wait for Mega Miles to start and had to order something today from the Source. My nephew needed headphones for his work so I ordered them today for shipment on Thursday. I am sure that I can find something else to order if I do participate in Mega Miles. We tried to buy them from Best Buy so he could have them for work tonight but they had none in stock so back home we went and ordered them online but at least I earned 7 whole air miles. He will just have to wait until Thursday to get them and I told them it would be an early birthday present.
Have you placed anything else online since Feb 25th? If so you could possibly make one more order to get 300 miles. If not make one more order and get 50 miles.

Have you placed anything else online since Feb 25th? If so you could possibly make one more order to get 300 miles. If not make one more order and get 50 miles.
I did make a purchase yesterday at Amazon but it was for books and I know they don't count for air miles points and it was only for $40.
I guess I could make at $75 Chapters gift card purchase as I can always buy books with it or give it as a gift and at least earn the 50 miles. I will go and do that right now. Thanks for the reminder. I have another order for Amazon but I was going to save it for Mega Miles as it is nice stuff that I want but not stuff that I need and I need to figure out for that how much I need to spend for the online shop but even if I had saved my books that I bought they still wouldn't have counted.

I did make a purchase yesterday at Amazon but it was for books and I know they don't count for air miles points and it was only for $40.
I guess I could make at $75 Chapters gift card purchase as I can always buy books with it or give it as a gift and at least earn the 50 miles. I will go and do that right now. Thanks for the reminder. I have another order for Amazon but I was going to save it for Mega Miles as it is nice stuff that I want but not stuff that I need and I need to figure out for that how much I need to spend for the online shop but even if I had saved my books that I bought they still wouldn't have counted.
I've actually found that if my Amazon order contains a bunch of different things, and not just the excluded items, that i still get the miles! In fact, even though it says it shouldn't count, if i add money to my online gift card (not add a new one, just top it up with some other method of payment) i get the miles for that.

I am wondering if they are going to call it off or postpone to a later date.

Some of the participating stores will be closed or seriously reduced hours, and showing coupons in some cases means store staff having to handle things from the customer, not just swiping a bar code.

But, in case it does go forward.... We'll be challenged to hit the typically needed thresholds for the shops we would usually do. Ironically, we may have an easier time getting the Shell gas threshold because I will now be driving my sister to/from her work as much as possible so she can avoid public transit as much as possible [she works in a pharmacy so it is expected it will remain open for the duration].

I hope they release the offers tomorrow!

I'm gonna go off my usual method of posting here and make a post that is completely MY OPINION, I have zero facts to back up my thoughts. Take it with a huge grain of salt!!!

They will get released at 00:00:01 same as usual on Thursday I'm expecting. If we see anything else before that point it's gonna be about the timeline or possible postponement. Since Ontario is now under a state of emergency that means several stores aren't going to be open or well stocked. I also don't think it's wise for them to be encouraging shopping when the government is saying, STAY HOME

I'm gonna go off my usual method of posting here and make a post that is completely MY OPINION, I have zero facts to back up my thoughts. Take it with a huge grain of salt!!!

They will get released at 00:00:01 same as usual on Thursday I'm expecting. If we see anything else before that point it's gonna be about the timeline or possible postponement. Since Ontario is now under a state of emergency that means several stores aren't going to be open or well stocked. I also don't think it's wise for them to be encouraging shopping when the government is saying, STAY HOME

100% agree.

I strongly suspect that the contest is going to be postponed. I think continuing with it and basically encouraging us to get out and shop, like you're saying, would make for some very bad press.

I love me a good promo, but I think not postponing would make air miles look terrible, and could spark even more companies to cut ties.

this is a case of me not being happy that my thoughts were bang on. This is from Rewards Canada

View attachment 481648
I have to say, I'm happy about it.

If Mega Miles did launch, I would be deciding how to cash out my miles. I honestly think the negative public response would be strong enough that the program's future would be in jeopardy.

It's sad, and another reminder of how much life has changed in the last little while. But it's absolutely the right move.

I'm glad they have postponed it, and hope it is just a postponement and not a cancellation. I need that bonus to get Onyx :) I'm glad they are taking it seriously too though. and since it seems they were going with app based coupons it should be easy to update/change dates on them once things are back to normal. Plus since Rexall wasn't in any way, even if it's after Rexall is part of Airmiles, it won't matter. Plus, I really don't need to fill up with gas that much since I'm not really going anywhere for a few weeks!

I very glad they postponed it. It would have been hard to even participate in it given what's happening. But all this craziness will NOT help me get to onyx for the year :sad2: Oh well...I will keep going to tim's for my morning tea and hoping to score that AM prize!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter