Airmiles Shop the Block 2018 - BONUS MILES POSTING NOW

Not 100% sure of your question so I'll answer it 2 ways
  1. Some coupons will be able to be used multiple times throughout the promo -- fine print will state if it's once per card or per tranasction
  2. Some stores will want to keep the coupon so if you're wanting to use it more than once you'll need to either get more than one booklet or print from the website.
Once I'm able to actually read the fine print for the promo -- either online or on the coupons themselves -- I'll be sure to add this information to the first page so everyone understands this question since it comes up a lot!

Hi Hon
So what I was wondering was #2
Thanks for clarifying.
I am making small recipe index cards with the coupons stapled to them with the dates,,,I find the dates are all over the place and don't want to forget to use them on the right date.(I tried to use one last year at Rexall on the wrong date).
Thanks for the help.
Hugs
Mel

website now says
img_comingsoon_title.png

Our Shop the Block™ promotion begins in 2 days!

https://shoptheblock.ca/en/coming_soon

Im wondering if Sobeys and Sobeys Urban Fresh will be counted as the same store

In the booklet they are listed as separate coupons but yes you are right they are the same partner BUT so is Foodland?
Maybe we could *delegate* you to chat with airmiles?lol....only if you want to.
del·e·gate
noun
/ˈdeləɡət/
  1. 1.
    a person sent or authorized to represent others, in particular an elected representative sent to a conference.
    synonyms: representative, envoy, emissary, commissioner, agent, deputy, commissary;
I don't think they want to talk to me right now.lol.

Hugs
Mel

Im wondering if Sobeys and Sobeys Urban Fresh will be counted as the same store
Most of the promos has had them as 2 separate partners, I'm hoping the site will let us filter them into the different sections again. Last time there were coupons for Sobey's AND Sobey's Pharmacy and they worked as 2 separate stores, so fingers crossed!

My Chat
Hi for the new shop the block promotion I know there is a new rule this year that to get 2000 airmiles you need 7 separate sponsors.
So my question
is Sobeys and Sobeys Urban Fresh and Foodland considered three separate sponsors ?
the coupon booklet shows them as separate coupons
Hello Melanie, It's great that you are looking to participate in the shop the block promo.
Melanie, I am trying to verify it for you currently,
Melanie, I'm still verifying it for you.
ANILA
Melanie, it is three different partners, but I will recommend to wait to see when the promo is launched.
It will be more specific on the terms and condition.

I'll wait to see it in print.

Hugs
Mel

For me, this is going to be really hard. I've never spent $100 at Sobeys and $60 at the small, expensive Foodland is even a bigger stretch. Sobey's Urban Fresh is only "urban" which means a GO train ride to Toronto for a gift card, hard to justify. I'm sure some way this will work out.

So based on the Metro version of the booklet I'm at four, Rona, Metro, Rexall and Shell.

Edit: I think I'm adding Lowes to my list. It's easier for me to justify $20 on extension cords and surge protectors than $100 at Sobeys.

Last edited:
Question re coupons and scanning
Can a coupon be used more than once?
I am hoping to StB a couple of times (mine and sons card).
Thanks
Hugs
Mel

AngelDisney
On Sat I was offered one of these GC $10.00 or 100 airmiles,,I have never seen a seperate Sobeys Urban Fresh card though.
hopefully someone else can comment
sobeysgiftcard-5.png

This is the one I currently have a bunch of
Apples.jpg

Hugs
Mel
Thanks Mel! I will go for the Sobeys ones. I am more successful using those to get the Shell and LCBO gift cards at Sobeys than the Foodland ones.

Just a maybe and don't quote me
Airmiles updated their LCBO airmiles promos,a few of them look like the ones we had in last years StB booklet.
just saying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
maybe.............................................

Get 10 Bonus Miles when you buy Ferreira Dona Antonia Tawny Reserve Port 750 mL.
In Store Offer valid Nov 12,2018 - Dec 01,2018
I know I bought 2 bottles of this last year.

Get 8 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles when you buy Novas Gran Reserva Sauvignon Blanc Organic 750 mL, #553800.
For a complete list of Bonus Offers available on select products in-store and online at LCBO.com, click here.

Hi Hon
So what I was wondering was #2
Thanks for clarifying.
I am making small recipe index cards with the coupons stapled to them with the dates,,,I find the dates are all over the place and don't want to forget to use them on the right date.(I tried to use one last year at Rexall on the wrong date).
Thanks for the help.
Hugs
Mel

I really like the index card idea. I think I will adopt this as well. I have everything on a spreadsheet but this will keep things portable for when I'm on the road.

Good news for those of us in Eastern Ontario, IGA has a spend 95AM Cash get +5AM this coming weekend as part of STB. I'm now short 95Cash AM for my needs before the end of November so I'm off to Rexall to pick up some vitamins and 110AM. That is after I go and see the Nutcracker this morning at the theatre.

Sobeys
100 Bonus Miles or 10.00 gift card when you spend
$100 on almost anything in store
Valid Dec 6-12 2018
(There are two barcodes on the back of this coupon which you will need to get one of them scanned)

Foodland
20 Bonus miles when you spend $60.00
40 bonus miles when you spend $80.00
60 bonus miles when you spend $100.00
on almost anything in store
Valid Nov 16-Dec 19 2018
(There is a barcode on the back of this coupon for scanning)
I guess that I'm grateful for the Foodland dates because I am bummed for the Sobey's. Disney calls in early December. UGH. I'm going to have a time getting 3 let alone 7 partners this time, unless something good comes live.

Me too. It will be harder for me as well. I'll do what I can. It's hard when you don't have many of the AM sponsors in your city. But I'll try to get what I can. Hoping to stop at Safeway on my way home tonight from the second job. Sigh...this second job is cutting in my energy for planning for the promo lol. But by the end of Nov, our savings / holiday account will be where we want it and I will be able to quit after the busy xmas season. I don't want to leave them short handed during the holiday rush

There have been several of us who are more than willing to help others out during these big promos. You can provide your AM number to someone in a different region and they can shop using your card. You can either let them use cash miles or transfer the funds later. The product can then either be used by the person who has helped you out or donated to the local foodbank.

For those who are going to be away during the giftcard promo or others, perhaps you have someone in your circle that you trust to pick them up for you? Leave the cash or if you REALLY trust them, your credit card??

Good news for those of us in Eastern Ontario, IGA has a spend 95AM Cash get +5AM this coming weekend as part of STB. I'm now short 95Cash AM for my needs before the end of November so I'm off to Rexall to pick up some vitamins and 110AM. That is after I go and see the Nutcracker this morning at the theatre.

You saw the QC offers???

Thanks Mel! I will go for the Sobeys ones. I am more successful using those to get the Shell and LCBO gift cards at Sobeys than the Foodland ones.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh :ssst::scratchin::yes:::rolleyes1:idea::idea::idea::idea::idea:
You gave me an idea...thanks
I stopped by my Sobeys to pick up a sandwich today,,and a few things $50 LCBO GC and $25 Shell GC and used my Sobeys GC,,transaction went through.
Yeah!!
Hugs Mel

I am hoping Rona has some nice outdoor evergreen pots this weekend,,I want to use my cash airmiles to get one,and my son's cash airmiles to get a
second one.
Use 285 cash airmiles for $30.00 towards your purchase
Nov 15-Nov 30 2018
Get 10 bonus airmiles

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter