• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport Screener Answering Questions

I like doing crossitich to kill time will they allow the blunt tip needle on board along with nailclippers w/o file. Thanks

I just got back, and thanks to the tips on this thread I smoothly sailed through security.
I had my portable DVD player recharger and two cell phones and their rechargers and never even had to take anything out of a case. My luggage remained closed and since I was wearing walking shoes I didn't even have to take them off. We did forego our usual underwire bras so I don't know if they would have gone through or not.
It was effortless. Thanks again.

I have been lucky enough to travel frequently from Indianapolis this year, and I have been through many security checkpoints. At Indy they seem to be more conscious about security then most other airports, although I will say that Orlando does seem to do a more thorough job of checking everyone, and yes, I was one of those screened because of my underwire bra but I was also wearing a belt with lots of metal decorative pieces. My friends luggage was also one of those opened and checked by TSA in Orlando, it didn't have a note, but it did have a green tie that said TSA and had a # on it. I'm thankful for all the measures they take everyday to ensure safety.

I was recently told that there is absolutely no way for a screener to pick up on a plastic explosive or plastic gun a terrorist wanted to sneak onto a plane, either in carry on or through checked lugagge.

Is this true?

Also , what is the TSA doing to prevent biological or chemical weapons from being brought onto a plane?

I hate flying as it is, but now I'm seriously considering not flying in Feb for my next trip.

What's going on with this Southwest Airline screener problem? I think they are DARN lucky that this guy didn't just leave everything on the plane and that he told them where it was! I was just getting to feel a little more comfortable about flying and now THIS comes up. Are they stipping up security again? or just training better? It's going to be really tough to get on that plane in 6 weeks!

Here in Boston, the feds got through Logan security with guns, bombs and knives, all in one week during an investigation :(

I really don't feel safe flying at all.

On my last trip to WDW in Feb.2003, I asked that my 800 speed film be handchecked at the airport in NY and they were very gracious. The same in Orlando on the unprocessed but used film, I asked politely and they were very accomodating. It must be the individual screener. The advice I got from this thread has helped me out a lot!!! Thanks, Brian for taking the time to help us.

Re: film x-ray bags.

I've always put my film in an x-ray (lead lined?) bag in my carry-on and never had anyone ask to see it. Someone said the x-ray bags will show up a certain way on the x-ray machine and the screener should ask to see inside. Again, in dozens of flights, no screener has ever asked to see inside. What do the x-ray bags look like on the machine? I guess that is concerning because what else could be smuggled through?? Sorry..not to scare anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter