AK Moonlight Magic resort modification

Amy E

Earning My Ears
Hello all. My husband and I are new DVC members as of last month and we're super excited to be a part of this community! We are making a trip in August and we were fortunate enough to get a reservation for Moonlight Magic. My question is that am I able to modify my hotel reservation or would I loose my moonlight magic reservation? I'm not trying to add or remove anyone off the reservation, just want to possibly stay somewhere other than Saratoga (which there is nothing wrong with Saratoga!) I just figure if the 12th is the last time anyone can register for the event that some people might drop their reservation and maybe I can modify the reservation and get us AKL. Thanks!

If you cancel the resort reservation that entitled you to book during the onsite booking period, your Moonlight Magic registration will also be cancelled.

Hello all. My husband and I are new DVC members as of last month and we're super excited to be a part of this community! We are making a trip in August and we were fortunate enough to get a reservation for Moonlight Magic. My question is that am I able to modify my hotel reservation or would I loose my moonlight magic reservation? I'm not trying to add or remove anyone off the reservation, just want to possibly stay somewhere other than Saratoga (which there is nothing wrong with Saratoga!) I just figure if the 12th is the last time anyone can register for the event that some people might drop their reservation and maybe I can modify the reservation and get us AKL. Thanks!
I would call MS and ask. I know when you do a modification online the reservation # stays the same. So on this situation on the surface it seems like it would be allowed since you intend on simply moving resorts but keeping all else the same. But sometimes what on the surface seems okay the IT just isn’t there to handle it so best to ask MS for advice.

Not worth taking the chance, IMO. (no matter what MS may say. The CMs are known to give out incorrect information). Remember that with DVC, you will be back and have many opportunities to stay at AKV and try out the other resorts.

Congratulations on your recent purchase.

When the epcot one was announced last august I tried to start our stay at the Poly a day early to be able to attend but no luck. Booked a value and did get the MM tix.

I called MS and explained, asked if I could WL the date (at another resort & the Poly). MS rep didn’t know & referred me to a supervisor. They said it would not be an issue. I took down her contact info and did WL, but it came through.

Understand it’d be easy for the less scrupulous to book, then cancel. Makes sense to have the rule in place. Rather surprised they wouldn’t have provision in place for WL’ing since it’s such an integaral part of DVC.:confused3

I would suggest you try for a split stay before of after the event. Further I highly doubt you find any availability to any resort on the event dates but if they do pop up it will likely be SSR possibly OKW

I changed my 7/18 reservation from BRV to Copper Creek 1 br last week, after I had obtained an MM reservation for that night last Wednesday. After I saw the night open on the RAT, I called MS, made sure to ask she keep the Reservation Number the same, and she manipulated the resort information, keeping the number. I was a bit nervous, but MS appeared to be accustomed to this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter