AK morning Africa Question

emgilmartin

Mouseketeer
The goal is to get first seating at Tusker House and line up for Safari ride ahead of ripe drop. This worked out perfectly for me.. TEN years ago, which was the last time I went.

Now that Avatar is open they seem to be letting people into the parks earlier. Will this plan still work? Or will I meet a crowd? Trying to fine tune my strategy and need your input!

Hard to say what the hours will be by the time your trip rolls around, but for most of this month, AK was opening at 8:00AM, but the Safari didn't start operating until 9:00. So rope-dropping it was not possible. That may very likely change, but make sure you check the hours for both the park and KS before you head there if that's your plan.

Let me ask this another way then, if I wanted to do Safari as close to 9:00 without a Fastpass on a day in which the park opens at 9:00..what is the earliest time I could start lining up? The rope drops and it's a decent walk...

(Basically want to eat and get there before these guys LOL)

Anecdotal of course, but I find the masses are all going to Pandora, leaving the rest of the park relatively free. Things like Safari and EE have been easy pickings early since Pandora came to town.

BTW, I have done an early Tusker breakfast and been out by 9AM. I paid the bill early and I think might have skipped one character - but that was OK with me / sort of how I planned it.

Thanks for your input! I think my plan should work then.. Tusker House 8:00- Safari 9:00- Lion King10:00--Dawa Bar--Gorilla Trail. My goal is to thoroughly explore Africa in the morning. Only regret is that I'll miss the acrobats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter