Alcohol at Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
While the issue of "drinking" or "not drinking" in the MK is being argued over, I seriously just had a friend of mine post that a drunk driver ran into the front of her house! She said they took out her front porch and messed up her yard. No lie! Good thing no cars will be in MK...

While the issue of "drinking" or "not drinking" in the MK is being argued over, I seriously just had a friend of mine post that a drunk driver ran into the front of her house! She said they took out her front porch and messed up her yard. No lie! Good thing no cars will be in MK...
Glad no one was hurt..I may be a Disney Drunk but I don't drink and drive..I've just lost too many friends that way.

The last time I was at WDW the only really drunk person I saw was at MK during EMH. It was an underage boy who was drinking beer out of a backpack in line. People who really want to drink will drink regardless of whether or not alcohol is available for purchase at a TS restaurant.

Only ECVs....:rotfl:

I had an ADR Jan 25 and am definitely keeping it now. No driving, there's a bus...

Belgian beers are excellent!

At WDW, one person can buy two drinks AT ONE TIME. There is no 2-drink limit per person. You can only buy two at a time but you can go back and buy more.

The last time I was at WDW the only really drunk person I saw was at MK during EMH. It was an underage boy who was drinking beer out of a backpack in line. People who really want to drink will drink regardless of whether or not alcohol is available for purchase at a TS restaurant.

Was it one of those hydration packs that he filled with beer?:scared:

Drinking can never be responsible.
I see a lot of ignorant opinions on these boards, but this has to be one of the most ridiculous. I had half of a glass of wine with dinner last night, to accompany grilled chicken, risotto and a fresh salad I made. I didn't drive. I cleaned up the kitchen. I read to my kids. I gave them baths and put them to bed. Somebody....call CPS! Oh, the irresponsibility.

The opinion that drinking can never be responsible is ludicrous.

luvthemouse71 said:
Was it one of those hydration packs that he filled with beer?:scared:

He actually had cans in a regular backpack. I tried to report him b/c he was making a scene and was probably 18 at the oldest but the CM at Big Thunder Mountain said there was nothing she could do.

:cool1:

i just can't help but chuckle at the whole "the sky is falling" responses. People drink and park hop, go to lounges at the resorts, drink by the pools, and drink at dinner and yes...they go back to the mk. people are nice and people are rude and you find that EQUALLY in all 4 parks no matter if they sell alcohol or not.

since others have decided what walt would or wouldln't do if he were still alive today i guess i can throw my own spin in on that and suggest that if he saw the bottom line on profits the past few years in this economy he may have added alcohol sooner...i'm just saying it's just as possible as what others have suggested. disney has been trying to get wider demographics of people (with and without kids) into the parks for years...weddings, honeymoons etc...so it's not a surprise they're offering a few more adult options. people need to just chill...they're not offering 4 year olds jello shots while they wait in line to ride dumbo.

And how is this related to drinking at MK? Obviously drinking even a little bit and driving does not come together so, does it mean that everyone who drinks drives? Many people specifically stay on Disney property to use the bus because they will not be able to drive. Many drive at Disney and leave car at resort when they know they will drink. I really do not understand what was the point of this example?

Much of this conversation now has nothing to do with alcohol being served at Be Our Guest.

The discussion was good, but it seems to have served its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter