Alcohol at Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is sad is that you don't realize that is that you DID. Without Walt's vision, WDW would not exist. Amazing.

No one ever said it was the end of the world. This is a discussion on a message board. Get a grip? Lol.

Walt passed in 1966, we are in 2012 almost 2013. A lot of things have changed since then. We are also DVC members, and we didn't become members because of Walt's vision, we became members because Disney is always changing and improving the consumer experience. People here give Walt too much credit as if the company continues to grow because of him and not the people that currently runs it.

As I said before, a company needs to change, needs to evolve and needs to innovate.

A vision can only go so far, people need to start giving credit to the company as it stands today, for what it is and for what is has become because that is what continues to bring more and more people every year, not Walt's vision.

I see no big deal. It will be served at the meal if you want it, not having jello shots on Main Street.

I do not call it Mob Mentality, I call it being reasonable. Majority here understands based on other parks that nothing horrible is going to happen. Few just need to project their control issues on everyone else. And to add some weight to their opinions they present it as Walts wish, like they actually knew the man and still know him, ridiculous. It is not that those few disagree, it is about how they post, extremely judgemental, extremely unreasonable and looking at poor us from above with their super high "morals" coloring us as a mob, as alcoholics and so on. Not everyone who is against alcohol at MK is being flamed. We are fine with different opinions but some do not seem to be fine with ours.
Agreed..

1) Walt is stone cold dead..has been for 46 years. Unless one is a medium, one cannot know what the man would have wanted in 2012.

2) Walt was a man. A brilliant man, but like all of us, a flawed one. He not a saint, Jesus, Buddha, FSM, etc. The hero worship is unrealistic.

3) Walt was a businessman, first and foremost. So, I think he would have moved with the times. But, I can't know this for a fact. Just like others can't know that he'd be upset. Because he's dead.

Alcohol is present in EPCOT, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, California Adventure, Tokyo Disneysea, Disneyland Paris, Disneyquest, ALL Disney-owned resorts and hotels, etc...

Every time I visit Animal Kingdom, it's like Spring Break in Acapulco.

ExEv-yachtsman-akpicnic-049.JPG

Any moment now, that lady in the lower left is going to rip off her top and start dancing on the table! ;)

If you can't be comfortable anywhere in Disney World any more, I'd suggest finding a new vacation destination. Perhaps the Al Shallal Theme Park in Saudi Arabia would suit your needs better? The entire country is dry!

:lmao: If anything, she looks like she's getting ready to go back to her room to go to bed.

Agreed..

1) Walt is stone cold dead..has been for 46 years. Unless one is a medium, one cannot know what the man would have wanted in 2012.

2) Walt was a man. A brilliant man, but like all of us, a flawed one. He not a saint, Jesus, Buddha, FSM, etc. The hero worship is unrealistic.

3) Walt was a businessman, first and foremost. So, I think he would have moved with the times. But, I can't know this for a fact. Just like others can't know that he'd be upset. Because he's dead.

I find it very odd that so many people believe that a Fortune 100 company should be guided by, and entrenched in a philosophy that is 46 years old. What other Fortune 100 company can you think of is governed and led by the stagnant corporate philosophy that its charismatic founder had at the outset? Does GE look anything like the company that Thomas Edison founded? He was a pretty bright guy, no? So how dare anyone think that they could change and alter the foundational principles that he established. And what of Henry Ford? He seemed to be a pretty creative guy who founded a very successful company. Does the Ford of today look anything like the Ford that he established? No one today would dare suggest that a corporate decision made by either GE or Ford should be guided by what they think or predict Thomas Edison or Henry Ford would think. So why should we be so stubborn as to think that every move the Disney Company makes should pass the "What would Walt Do" test?

Oh. And by not for nuthin'. But if Walt were alive today, he would be 111 years old. I doubt that he would have any coherent thoughts at all.

I find it very odd that so many people believe that a Fortune 100 company should be guided by, and entrenched in a philosophy that is 46 years old. What other Fortune 100 company can you think of is governed and led by the stagnant corporate philosophy that its charismatic founder had at the outset? Does GE look anything like the company that Thomas Edison founded? He was a pretty bright guy, no? So how dare anyone think that they could change and alter the foundational principles that he established. And what of Henry Ford? He seemed to be a pretty creative guy who founded a very successful company. Does the Ford of today look anything like the Ford that he established? No one today would dare suggest that a corporate decision made by either GE or Ford should be guided by what they think or predict Thomas Edison or Henry Ford would think. So why should we be so stubborn as to think that every move the Disney Company makes should pass the "What would Walt Do" test?

Oh. And by not for nuthin'. But if Walt were alive today, he would be 111 years old. I doubt that he would have any coherent thoughts at all.

Great examples!:thumbsup2

This is great! We would only have black cars because that was Henry Ford's belief was that you could have any car as long as they were black. :)

Jill in CO

Wow. This thread exploded while I was on the Disney Fantasy last week, enjoying meals with wine! Of course, I had alcohol in adult-only areas, so the children couldn't be offended by my drinking in public. :rotfl2:

The comments were incredibly amusing, I must say. I feel that JimmyV has pretty much said everything I feel about the subject of wine/beer being served at Be Our Guest Restaurant. It's not the sign of the apocalypse that one restaurant at one meal time in the Magic Kingdom will serve alcohol. All the others against this decision sound like "Chicken Little" to me. The sky is not falling just yet.

And speaking of the apocalypse...

Friendly warning ... avoid the world showcase on 12/21/12 as a group of us are drinking to the end of the world per the Mayan Calendar. ;) I don't expect anyone to be unruly or out of control but we will certainly be having a good time.

And I suspect the following day when the world is still spinning that many of us will have fond memories to go with our headaches. :rotfl2:

I'm looking forward to raising a toast to the end of the world with you in December. I'll try not to puke in childrens' strollers. :rotfl2:

And before I forget, I wanted to share a pic I took a year ago at Disneyland Paris. Yes, I had a beer on Main Street. I didn't see public drunkenness.

0138d58b.jpg

I'm looking forward to raising a toast to the end of the world with you in December. I'll try not to puke in childrens' strollers. :rotfl2:

Jay is the designated stroller puker in this duo; it's my job to weave drunkenly through the shrubbery cursing in Russian. :lmao:

You are "terribly saddened" about changes at a theme park but others should get a grip? :rotfl2:

No. I was quoting the person I was responding to. They said people should get a grip and I was making light of the fact. Next time, please read the entire thread, so you at least have some knowledge about what you quote. It will prevent the impression of ignorance.

Waltgirl

Wow. This thread exploded while I was on the Disney Fantasy last week, enjoying meals with wine! Of course, I had alcohol in adult-only areas, so the children couldn't be offended by my drinking in public. :rotfl2:

The comments were incredibly amusing, I must say. I feel that JimmyV has pretty much said everything I feel about the subject of wine/beer being served at Be Our Guest Restaurant. It's not the sign of the apocalypse that one restaurant at one meal time in the Magic Kingdom will serve alcohol. All the others against this decision sound like "Chicken Little" to me. The sky is not falling just yet.

And speaking of the apocalypse...

And before I forget, I wanted to share a pic I took a year ago at Disneyland Paris. Yes, I had a beer on Main Street. I didn't see public drunkenness.

0138d58b.jpg

Jay is the designated stroller puker in this duo; it's my job to weave drunkenly through the shrubbery cursing in Russian. :lmao:

:thumbsup2

Jill in CO

Quite Rude!!!

Wow, I would never accuse the poster of rudeness. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Someone told the dissenters to "get a grip" and I was lol at that. It appears people are so busy these days, they don't have the time to read the entire posts.

Ah well, on the scale of importance this falls into the negligible category.

No. I was quoting the person I was responding to. They said people should get a grip and I was making light of the fact. Next time, please read the entire thread, so you at least have some knowledge about what you quote. It will prevent the impression of ignorance.

Waltgirl

i got distracted by drunk people vomiting on me (the Qdoba across the street sells beer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter