• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alert changes for wdw hours this Thursday the 19 for president obama

disney david

DIS Veteran
It was supposed to be mk that was having hem but know they switched it the dhs with ak and epcot also having ehm. They want to draw guest away from mk that day and night that why they are having fire works at dhs. It is rumored since obama will be in Orlando that the first family will visit Disney during the visit. He leavening for new York Friday so it be a quick trip for hm with his family might stay longer. They also not much info on his schudleed and where he will be holding his speech on the economy. Again it just rumor but for Disney to changed the schudleed this short and add ehm to three parks and have fire works at a park that dose not have them unless it new years. Just be prepared to have longer bus/monoril rides and it take longer to get around Disney property for the next couple days depending when they leave. Also be prepared for extra security including vehicle searches to Id checks. But at this point it still a rumor all we know for sure he will be in orlando on the 19. By the way the parade will be moved to 330 so the 3 parade will ow be 330.

Sorry I mixed up days he schudleed to be in NYC for a fundraiser at 4 so it might be his family that visiting for the night he might go during the day.

nice catch - you must be right, the first family will have MK all to themselves on Thursday night. That is definitely the most reasonable explanation for hours like that.
i wonder if they'll run the MK fireworks for them. :goodvibes

The Orlando Sentinel has confirmed with a White House aide that President Obama will be visiting the Walt Disney World resort on Thursday to make an announcement about travel and tourism.
This explains the sudden change in park hours and the additional fireworks at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
For any park guests this will also mean road closures, extra security, and delays delays delays. Roads will be shut down for the motorcade and resort buses will go into delayed service to try and avoid the times when the President is traveling through the resort. Also travel between the resort and the Orlando International airport should see delays as well.
In short, give yourself extra time to travel anywhere within the resort that day. Also, do not expect to park at any of the monorail resorts without a reservation – internal documents suggest the Contemporary Resort is the most likely candidate for where the President’s announcement will take place. If this turns out to be the case, that will subsequently shut down resort bus access to the Magic Kingdom for a period – as has happened with previous VP, VIP, and Presidential visits.

Just be ready for major delays and for them to stop the monorail and buses from going to mk or the resort he at and for all the guest over 18 in your car showing id to enter a monorail resort with reservation only.

So, what are the new park hours for the MK now? Thanks, I can't seem to find them.

Too bad they couldn't get him to come over and sit in as a guest host for the Dis Unplugged.

Too bad they couldn't get him to come over and sit in as a guest host for the Dis Unplugged.

yes and the week pete go on vacation the president visits and park may be john and the gang could tape on location. rent a van slap dis unplugged park on the grass with the other media trucks get a folding table and do the show from their.

Yikes! We are flying in at the same time! How fun is that going to be??! At least we are not staying at BLT!

Man, i would be so ticked off if i had my day at MK planned and had it screwed up because the prez wants to use it as a backdrop to make a taxpayer sponsored campaign stop.

i dont think he doing the speech in mk maybe cr but he will be visiting mk after to get some pics with mickey and minnie. He also has to get the kids mickey ears wonder if they give them the special leap year ears. Their also some jokes going around the reason he going to disney world is just to see the hall of presidents to see him in it. JUst think if disney could of had him do this on the 25 they could draw attention away from universal big announcement about what it going to do with the expansion.

now jason garcia form orlando sentinel is saying "Looks like Obama is going to make his remarks from INSIDE the Magic Kingdom. Should make for some easy logistics"

Yikes! We are flying in at the same time! How fun is that going to be??! At least we are not staying at BLT!

well if your taking magic express their will be delays and if you are leaving their will be tighter security so just depends what time he lands will it really affect guest who are getting to orlando. Since he leaving the same day just be prepared for delays to and from the air port via car or me. Also be prepared for a chance of your vehicle being searched on property and at the air port. ANd to have disney buses and monorail being stopped and searched causing lots of delays. But if he dose go to mk i would say they would stop all buses and monorail and water craft from getting near mk.

Man, i would be so ticked off if i had my day at MK planned and had it screwed up because the prez wants to use it as a backdrop to make a taxpayer sponsored campaign stop.

Have to agree. And worse, I can see other politicians thinking "Hey, that's a good idea!"

Don't get me wrong, I love politics, I'm a news junkie and I like Obama, but not when I'm on vacation. Especially at Disney, I rarely even turn the TV on when we are there and don't have/don't want to have any clue what's going on in the "real world." WDW is a real escape for me and even if I was going to be there Jan. 19th, I'd be going to another park.

Have to agree. And worse, I can see other politicians thinking "Hey, that's a good idea!"

Don't get me wrong, I love politics, I'm a news junkie and I like Obama, but not when I'm on vacation. Especially at Disney, I rarely even turn the TV on when we are there and don't have/don't want to have any clue what's going on in the "real world." WDW is a real escape for me and even if I was going to be there Jan. 19th, I'd be going to another park.

but when else in history can you say disney brought in the president to test outa new game they put in the park sorcerer of mk game.

I made the mistake of posting about the park hour changes, etc. over on the TPA&S forum...and it turned into political blathering :(

I made the mistake of posting about the park hour changes, etc. over on the TPA&S forum...and it turned into political blathering :(

that what i am hoping dose not happen hear i was just posting to let everyone know who will be their so they can plan accordingly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter