Alert changes for wdw hours this Thursday the 19 for president obama

I would just like to remind everyone that political commentary of any kind is against DIS Board Posting Guidelines. The purpose of this thread is to discuss planning for anyone visiting the Magic Kingdom on Thursday. Please refrain from sharing comments relating to politics or the thread will be closed.

Nicole
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator

I would just like to remind everyone that political commentary of any kind is against DIS Board Posting Guidelines. The purpose of this thread is to discuss planning for anyone visiting the Magic Kingdom on Thursday. Please refrain from sharing comments relating to politics or the thread will be closed.

Thank you

Nicole
DIS Unplugged Forum Moderator

Well, we know that :) It's the other thread where it's happening. It was starting to come around, but it looks like it's gone off the rails again...

Politics aside, I would be really irritated if I was going to be anywhere near WDW on Thursday. I've been in big metropolitan areas when the Pres has come through and it was a traffic nightmare. I can't imagine what it will be like in a smaller area that attracts thousands of people. I'll be really curious to hear from those who are there that day. Maybe Disney can handle it.

Just read on Facebook that guests will not have access to Main Street or be able to see the President or watch his speech. It said guests will be re-directed to other areas of the park. How are they going to do that?

Just read on Facebook that guests will not have access to Main Street or be able to see the President or watch his speech. It said guests will be re-directed to other areas of the park. How are they going to do that?

you enter and then be directed back stage by the bakery they are moving the first aid station to space mountain lounge. so they don't want anyone near obama to control the area better.

When news of the special dhs fireworks started spreading I was very jealous since we arrive on sat and are staying at bcv. With no spectro or fantasmic on our trip, extra fireworks would have been very cool! Now that I know why, I'm much less envious. I wouldn't dare try to go to mk on thurs because of all the hassle and ruining the magic by not being able to enter down main st, and I'm guessing the other parks will be very busy.

you enter and then be directed back stage by the bakery they are moving the first aid station to space mountain lounge. so they don't want anyone near obama to control the area better.

Backstage by the bakery? I can't picture that. Do you mean backstage by the Candy store?

I wonder what you do if you have an ADR at Crystal Palace?

Backstage by the bakery? I can't picture that. Do you mean backstage by the Candy store?

I wonder what you do if you have an ADR at Crystal Palace?

yes i do not sure i guessing they making arrangements for the guest who are eating their because that whole area is going to be closed. Because they are moving the first aid station that right next store so not sure what the cut off point will be. You would come out in tomorrow land by buzz light year not sure if they will have a short cut on the other side or make all the guest have to go back to tomorrow land to exit.

Crystal Palace can be reached without going down Main St. - but if the only backstage path used is via Tomorrowland (and I don't recall one used on the other side), it will be a much longer walk to get there.

When we did our last Disapalooza at Toy Story Mania, we were allowed to park backstage.

This allowed us access to the area without having to enter through the front gate of the park.

Please note that this is nothing more than a guess, but I'm thinking they might be using that backstage parking area as staging for this one time fireworks display.

If this is the case, closing TSM and OMD makes sense due to fire precautions. There is also the possibility that the area is just too close to the fireworks to be safe for the public. There is always the possibility of there being an explosion or a misfire.

Crystal Palace can be reached without going down Main St. - but if the only backstage path used is via Tomorrowland (and I don't recall one used on the other side), it will be a much longer walk to get there.

it can be so can the first aid station i think they want that whole area clear so not sure it might not effect that and you will have to prove you have an adr to get their. he do his speech either by the hub or half way down main street usa with the castle in the back drop. they most likely will go with half way down main street because the hub to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter