Alert changes for wdw hours this Thursday the 19 for president obama

just checked you can still make reservations for crystal palace for thursday lunch so you most likely have to prove you have an adr to get through. I am sure they don't want any guest to sneak past and get near the area.

What would your strategy be for going to Animal Kingdom on Thursday? Original plan was MK on Thursday, but all that has now changed. Would still like to go to Epcot after AK closes. Not staying on property this time so will have to drive. Thinking maybe we should just skip WDW on Thursday. Any help appreciated.

I must have missed it...why are they doing special fireworks at DHS? Won't the President be long gone by then?

I must have missed it...why are they doing special fireworks at DHS? Won't the President be long gone by then?

Again....this is just a guess, but I'm thinking that the first family might be visiting the park after closing.

What would your strategy be for going to Animal Kingdom on Thursday? Original plan was MK on Thursday, but all that has now changed. Would still like to go to Epcot after AK closes. Not staying on property this time so will have to drive. Thinking maybe we should just skip WDW on Thursday. Any help appreciated.

i would say as long as you in ak before 11 because he lands i think after 1130 and he planing on leave at 215. so if your not on the road at those time you should be fine just might be more traffic and roads closed.he going to have a motorcade from and to the air port so it will affect the roads to and from the airport so not just disney.

he has to be in nyc around 4 pm they think his family might stay longer plus they want to draw people away from mk.

Again....this is just a guess, but I'm thinking that the first family might be visiting the park after closing.

Ahhh. Makes sense. I did hear MK would be closing early.

Have they ever done anything like this before? I can only think of Nixon at CR.
Any other President given a speech in the parks before?

no the only thing closer was the vice president at cr and i think bill clinton at cr to that as close as that got.

he will be in the area between 7 am and 3 pm that why they moved the parade to 330 at mk

--------

Understood.

Now, what time will the 3:30pm parade be starting ?

:rotfl:

I believe President Reagan's second Inauguration Parade was held at Epcot back in 1985 since the parade was cancelled in Washington due to freezing temperatures.

We are arriving at the world tomorrow and when I first heard the news, I was not thrilled at the prospect of extra traffic, security, etc. But I've decided to embrace the madness and head over to MK! Why not? Can't be any worse that New Years, right? Might be fun to be part of the excitement!

That is bizarre. Why do they have to close TSM for fireworks?

I'm sure its because Pixar Street is in the fireworks fallout area. Many years ago they did do fireworks at the Studios and if I remember correctly, this street was closed then.

George Bush Sr did his 1,000 points of light campaign at EPCOT in 1991

To see the President's speech live at Disney resorts, guests may tune in to Channel 36 on any on-property television

They reset the camera to show the reporter getting all set up...and then pointed it back at SM. They are in the parking lot over at the Contemporary which is the "press area" from what I understand. They must have another camera (or a pool camera feed) set up inside.

WESH reporter saying Pete's "friend" Buddy Dyer (Mayor of Orlando) was in Washington and flew back to Orlando on Air Force one today with the President.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter