All Clubs Closing in Downtown Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be great if you are right!!:thumbsup2

I would love to see what this cup looks like, could you post a pic of it?

Sadly I dont have any of the cups...even though I was able to visit one last time this August; I was not there for the closing week.

If I remember correctly they gave out a different cup every night with people trying to complete their collections by going back each night.....so the one above is only ONE of a group.

I cant take credit for the Dinner Club idea....I poke around on quite a few Disney fan websites and it was someones elses thought....although as I was listening in and watching that final week (youtub is my friend :) ) I had the distinct idea that this is not the end on my own.

Sadly I dont have any of the cups...even though I was able to visit one last time this August; I was not there for the closing week.

If I remember correctly they gave out a different cup every night with people trying to complete their collections by going back each night.....so the one above is only ONE of a group.

I cant take credit for the Dinner Club idea....I poke around on quite a few Disney fan websites and it was someones elses thought....although as I was listening in and watching that final week (youtub is my friend :) ) I had the distinct idea that this is not the end on my own.

I wasn't there either! Got the cups on ebay. ;)

I still stand by what I've been saying all along, I don't care what anyone else says. Adults, like me need a place to call their own that they can visit after dark, where they're are no children, where they can mingle and dance with other adults and drink something other than coke or sprite. THEY NEED TO REOPEN PLEASURE ISLAND. Yeah. I know the clubs at PI where not as crowded as they used to be. But thats only because they were getting old. It dosen't mean that adults who visit WDW aren't still into the Club scene. The major increase over at Disney's biggest competitor CITYWALK over at Universal Orlando is proof of that! It's considered good business to keep guest in the park, not make them leave it to get what they really want.When a club gets old, You can either give it an upgrade and renovate the joint or build a bigger and better one in it's place. Not replace it with something the entire resort already has enough of (resturants and shops. bleech!:mad:).

Sigh... I would even settle for a place that was only adult part-time. Some people need a break occasionally.

I will say that I travel with a teen and it's even harder to get a break from kiddie stuff at that age. Even good teens are eyed suspiciously so there is that too.

Can someone tell me what exactly the adventure's club was? I remember walking in there one night that me and my DH were going into the clubs, but it didnt seem fun at the time, i guess because we didnt know what it was?:confused3

Can someone tell me what exactly the adventure's club was? I remember walking in there one night that me and my DH were going into the clubs, but it didnt seem fun at the time, i guess because we didnt know what it was?:confused3

Miss White,

Here's a link that should give you a good overview.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventurers_Club

Also, go to You Tube and do a search on the various shows held at the AC.

Ahh... the Adventurer's Club. There are times when in Disney that you just want to be an adult in a kid's world, even without the kids. This was the place you could do just that. There weren't many places I could get into on Paradise Island due to medical reasons, however the adventurer's club was one of them and for that I greatly appreciated it, and not only was it a place you could pop in and get a drink and unwind for a bit but you could get a good interactive show in the process. You had to be of good humor and willing to play along, but if you aren't in good spirits I say why are you out at all?

We (40's couple) really enjoyed PI especially Mannequins and Motions, hanging out with other couples. Always hit them at least a couple of times while we were in town. Heading back down in November so not sure how we are going to fill out late nights, tried the Boardwalk but not easy to get to unless you want to chance driving. :headache:

My daughter goes over the Boardwalk now that the clubs at PI are closed. It is not as convenient to get to as PI, but she says that there are busses that will take you back to any of the resorts at closing time. You don't need to drive there if you are on property. We (as a family) would much prefer that there was a return to the adult entertainment available at PI, but I have come to realize that Disney is a corporate entity that needs to look at the profits and act accordingly. There is no "pixie dust" or magic. It is a business and nothing more, but it is still for our family a place of wonderful memories and we keep on going. We simply avoid the wasteland that was PI which is fine since there is nothing there of any interest to us anymore. It is painful to walk past what was our playground..Comedy Warehouse, Adventurers Club, the West End Stage, the New Years Celebrations, all the Dance clubs, the stilt walkers....all of it. It was indeed a magical kingdom for adults! Spent a lot of time and vacation dollars there which we now can spend elsewhere. I doubt the Disney even notices that drop in the bucket missing. We will hold onto our memories of what was and make new ones elsewhere. Not a problem.

We simply avoid the wasteland that was PI which is fine since there is nothing there of any interest to us anymore.

I haven't kept up with this thread recently, but just wanted to agree with this - we found the PI area really depressing when we were there recently. They were playing incredibly loud music in order to try and inject some atmosphere but, without anything else going on, it drove us straight through the area and down into West Side - at least you can still get live performances at the House of Blues!

I am disappointed, we enjoyed Pleasure Island night clubs. Universal Studios City Walk is a good option at half the price. City Walk has a good variety of clubs and Restaurants, Reggae, Salsa, Comedy, and Jazz.

I was there for Grad Night, so thats the memory of PI I have... we went 2 weeks ago... I wanted to CRY.... it was so lively and amazing when I went, and then to go back and see it all so empty.... the same, but empty.... was heartbreaking.... I told my DH who had never been before 'this used to be an amazing place to come and hang out and go to different places to dance n hear music, all kinds of different themes going on, all around eachother.....' so sad....

We (40's couple) really enjoyed PI especially Mannequins and Motions, hanging out with other couples. Always hit them at least a couple of times while we were in town. Heading back down in November so not sure how we are going to fill out late nights, tried the Boardwalk but not easy to get to unless you want to chance driving. :headache:

I still had this thread bookmarked, so I wanted to interject here. We went to Jellyrolls(at the Boardwalk) twice last week during our weeklong trip. There were buses available to Downtown Disney (Pleasure Island side) until 2 or 3 am. One said night, around 1 or 1:30 am, we hopped a bus from the Boardwalk hotel to transfer at DTD. There was one other couple waiting as well. The driver asked if we were transferring, and of course we said yes. So he dropped us off at our resorts -- us at Pop first, then they were dropped at Port Orleans. Funny thing is that they said my DH looked familiar--and figured out that they remembered him going up on stage last year at Adventurer's Club! What a small world!!

I'm still waiting for Disney to come to its senses and re-open the AC...it's going to be a long wait :(

I was so sad when I found out PI was closing! My boyfriend and I actually met there in 2006. At least we can still stand by the ticket booths were we saw each other for the first time :) We are going back tomorrow for the first time since then, and I am DREADING the depressive skeleton of buildings that has become PI.

However, I am excited to see what is coming next for Downtown Disney!

I am disappointed, we enjoyed Pleasure Island night clubs. Universal Studios City Walk is a good option at half the price. City Walk has a good variety of clubs and Restaurants, Reggae, Salsa, Comedy, and Jazz.

City Walk is great, but it's just not Disney :sad2:

Manniqueens Was The Best Dance Club In The World With The Awosme Spinning Floor And The Awsome Lights I Only Been There Once And Was Planning On Going There Many Many More Times If You Must Close The Other Clubs Down Please Least Keep Manniqueens Open Dont Take That Aways From Us

Yeah, I agree, I've been to clubs all over the major capitals of the world and Mannequins was one of the best/most fun ones I've ever been to.

8Trax was just great music, YMCA at midnight and Last Dance at closing....

What a tragedy and all for more 'shopping and dining'? If I want to shop and dine, Orlando is not where I head.

Yeah, I agree, I've been to clubs all over the major capitals of the world and Mannequins was one of the best/most fun ones I've ever been to.

8Trax was just great music, YMCA at midnight and Last Dance at closing....

What a tragedy and all for more 'shopping and dining'? If I want to shop and dine, Orlando is not where I head.

What's the deal? You bumped another one on PI, too. Why are you bumping these old threads??? Just curious.

I didn't even know the clubs had closed until I saw this thread today. I had never been old enough to go to to them in years past, but was looking forward to visiting this Christmas. There goes that plan!! Talk about being behind the times!! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter