All Star Resorts to get renos?

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I heard a rumor on another group that the All Star resorts are all getting renos/updated. Is this true? If so, any word on when?

I hope so! They seem to have a lot planned for the resorts in general

They could really use it. We stayed one night at Music last month and had issues with every electrical socket in there. Our plugs did not want to stay in.

We are booked at All Star Movies for 1 night in April and received an email that room refurbs will be going on during our stay. Here's part of the text of the email:

"We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort! We are thrilled to share our hospitality and passion for classic Disneyfilms with you and your family.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that a room refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. During this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent."

We are booked at All Star Movies for 1 night in April and received an email that room refurbs will be going on during our stay. Here's part of the text of the email:

"We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us at Disney's All-Star Movies Resort! We are thrilled to share our hospitality and passion for classic Disneyfilms with you and your family.

In an effort to continually enhance the Guest experience here at the Walt Disney World® Resort, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation for your upcoming stay, we would like to inform you that a room refurbishment will be taking place during your visit. During this time, the Resort will be in full operation with all amenities available including our dining, merchandise and recreation locations.

While we work our magic, it is possible that you may see or hear construction, but noise should not be heard from your Guest room between dusk and 9:00am. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment. If you need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent."

Good to know! We're booked for November, but didn't get a notice, so hopefully they'll be done by then. That will be nice!

I’m booked at Sports in March and didn’t receive anything.

The listings I've seen only have the refurb going on at Movies beyond the work on the pools at the other two resorts. The DIS has Movies going through the process February to winter 2018. I am staying at Movies in May and got the e-mail. I was actually surprised by it. The resorts need some love, but I thought the All-Stars would be put on the backburner with so many other projects going on.

The listings I've seen only have the refurb going on at Movies beyond the work on the pools at the other two resorts. The DIS has Movies going through the process February to winter 2018. I am staying at Movies in May and got the e-mail. I was actually surprised by it. The resorts need some love, but I thought the All-Stars would be put on the backburner with so many other projects going on.

So is it going to be just room updates? New paint, bedding etc? Or new furnishings, theming too?

I would love it if they replaced the full beds with queens. Being 6'5" and weighing 280 pounds makes full size beds seem small, even when sharing with a petite wife.
It's really the only reason we don't stay at the All Stars anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter