All we want for Christmas... is a trip to Disney! ~A Dec 2010 JOINT PTR~ Update: 4/1

Hi! Just found your PTR & read all 6 pages! :rotfl:

Sounds great so far! I have never been to any of those restaurants that you choose for your ADR's but they sound GREAT!!! :thumbsup2

I really wanted to do Ohana this trip but I think we'll probably wait until next trip. We are most likely doing either QSDP or just paying OOP for our meals. I already want to do a few Character Meals & just can't make up my mind when it comes to dining options!!! :lmao:

You are sooo lucky that your son isn't afraid of anything!!! My son is just turning 2 in May so he will be 2 1/2 on our trip. He is usually afraid of everything, but sometimes he surprises me! We took him to see Philarmagic last trip (he was 10 months old at the time) and I thought he would love it! He usually likes 3D things & I thought he would like the "real" smells...but he screamed the entire time. Needless to say, I got ALOT of nasty looks but I was stuck in the middle of the aisle, so there was no leaving that room! lol It was so funny because all the things I thought he would love, he was either scared of or didn't pay any attention to...and all the things I didn't think he'd like, he absolutely loved!

I've seen pictures of the Wilderness Lodge on other Trip Reports & it looks gorgeous with the Christmas decor!!! You will definitely have a good trip! Can't wait to read more about your plans!

OK I am so sorry, I just realized you had a PTR! Joining in!

All Star Sports... :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yup!! WL in a woods view room... Can't wait... :lovestruc

AHHHH That's so, so exciting!!

I was SO sad when we checked out...and I still had a cruise and 2 nights at BCV to look forward to!

I know! Lucky you!! I think I'm going to do a huge land and sea trip for Landon's 4th birthday...because the year after that he'll start school and I'll have to start planning vacations around breaks and it's pretty devastating. :sad2:

YAY!! That is SO exciting that Jake might (hopefully!) be tall enough for the big rides! He sounds like quite the little dare-devil! I could not wait to be tall enough for the big roller coasters at Six Flags when I was little. I think some kids just have a thing for adventure... I can just picture him raising his arms and yelling while he watches the video. So cute. I hope he's tall enough! :thumbsup2

And Kimmy, I hope Landon is tall enough for Barnstormer! I bet he will LOVE it!

You are so right, Staci! I'm thinking (read: hoping) that Landon has a thing for adventure. He LOVES being thrown around, being held upside, and when people pretend like their going to drop him (I have visions of him loving ToT when they do that!) I guess Barnstormer will be our test!!

Joining in! Sounds like such a fun trip! Lauren, are you a DVC member??? Fingers crossed that Jake will be tall enough in December!!

Thanks!! Glad you are here!! Lauren rented points for this trip!! :thumbsup2

Hi! Just found your PTR & read all 6 pages! :rotfl:

Sounds great so far! I have never been to any of those restaurants that you choose for your ADR's but they sound GREAT!!! :thumbsup2

I really wanted to do Ohana this trip but I think we'll probably wait until next trip. We are most likely doing either QSDP or just paying OOP for our meals. I already want to do a few Character Meals & just can't make up my mind when it comes to dining options!!! :lmao:

You are sooo lucky that your son isn't afraid of anything!!! My son is just turning 2 in May so he will be 2 1/2 on our trip. He is usually afraid of everything, but sometimes he surprises me! We took him to see Philarmagic last trip (he was 10 months old at the time) and I thought he would love it! He usually likes 3D things & I thought he would like the "real" smells...but he screamed the entire time. Needless to say, I got ALOT of nasty looks but I was stuck in the middle of the aisle, so there was no leaving that room! lol It was so funny because all the things I thought he would love, he was either scared of or didn't pay any attention to...and all the things I didn't think he'd like, he absolutely loved!

I've seen pictures of the Wilderness Lodge on other Trip Reports & it looks gorgeous with the Christmas decor!!! You will definitely have a good trip! Can't wait to read more about your plans!

Thanks for coming over!! We are SOOOO excited!! Let me know if you need any tips on character meals. My last trip I did Crystal Palace, Donald's Safari Breakfast, Akershus, and Chef Mickey's!! They are the best!

Aren't kids so funny? My son was also 10 months on his first trip...I'm SO excited to take him back when he can really get stuff more!

OK I am so sorry, I just realized you had a PTR! Joining in!

Glad you are here!!

Thanks for coming over!! We are SOOOO excited!! Let me know if you need any tips on character meals. My last trip I did Crystal Palace, Donald's Safari Breakfast, Akershus, and Chef Mickey's!! They are the best!

Aren't kids so funny? My son was also 10 months on his first trip...I'm SO excited to take him back when he can really get stuff more!

Yes, I would LOVE tips on Character Meals!

I'm glad you mentioned those ones...right now I am planning Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace for sure. (I'm also considering Play & Dine at HS.) My parents are doing the Safari Breakfast at AK so I was wondering about it as well! I'd love any tips or suggestions you have for these meals!

Just hopping in quickly to say hi Lauren. I know you had a busy week at work coming up; how's it going??

Yes, I would LOVE tips on Character Meals!

I'm glad you mentioned those ones...right now I am planning Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace for sure. (I'm also considering Play & Dine at HS.) My parents are doing the Safari Breakfast at AK so I was wondering about it as well! I'd love any tips or suggestions you have for these meals!

Okay so with Crystal Palace...it's definitely a little calmer (though I don't know if that's because I had a pre-park adr? :confused3) but has very good character interaction. Here was the only place where I actually witnessed the characters ineracting with each other instead of just going table to table (Tigger put some creamer into Piglet's mouth and ran away laughing while Piglet looked all sad lol)

Chef Mickey's is VERY high energy and one of my favorites! I'm even going back for my trip in August. The characters do take a little longer here beucase it is HUGE but it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. There is lots of dancing and fun (can you say napkin twirling? :lovestruc). The atmosphere is definitely the most "fun" here.

Donald's Safari is one of my other favorities. (tied with cm's) This atmosphere is almost as fun, maybe a little quieter. For some reason, I felt like this didn't have as big of a variety as other places but I still really enjoyed it. This is the place where we finished eating before ANY characters came by. it was kind of nice because we didn't have to keep taking breaks or risk being caught with food in our mouth for the character pics, but it still took a while. Once they came though, they all came quickly and weren't spaced as far apart as at other places.

Let me know if you have any specific questions! I'd be happy to answer them!

Okay so with Crystal Palace...it's definitely a little calmer (though I don't know if that's because I had a pre-park adr? :confused3) but has very good character interaction. Here was the only place where I actually witnessed the characters ineracting with each other instead of just going table to table (Tigger put some creamer into Piglet's mouth and ran away laughing while Piglet looked all sad lol)

Chef Mickey's is VERY high energy and one of my favorites! I'm even going back for my trip in August. The characters do take a little longer here beucase it is HUGE but it didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. There is lots of dancing and fun (can you say napkin twirling? :lovestruc). The atmosphere is definitely the most "fun" here.

Donald's Safari is one of my other favorities. (tied with cm's) This atmosphere is almost as fun, maybe a little quieter. For some reason, I felt like this didn't have as big of a variety as other places but I still really enjoyed it. This is the place where we finished eating before ANY characters came by. it was kind of nice because we didn't have to keep taking breaks or risk being caught with food in our mouth for the character pics, but it still took a while. Once they came though, they all came quickly and weren't spaced as far apart as at other places.

Let me know if you have any specific questions! I'd be happy to answer them!

Thank you for all of that information!!! It was very helpful!!! I will definitely tell my parents the info you gave me about Donald's Safari...all of the meals sound very good!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter