All we want for Christmas... is a trip to Disney! ~A Dec 2010 JOINT PTR~ Update: 4/1

Only time I've been there was in Sept for WCC !! I loved the decor !! I felt comfortable there, unlike GF where as my DD put it we don't belong here !!:lmao:

I agree, WL is amazing. :cloud9:

Oh my gosh, isn't it?! :love:

Hello!!! This is awesome!!! You two with the boys will have a blast! I am so in for this PTR!! :worship: :love:

Heeeeeeeey GIRL! :wave: We're so excited to take the boys together!

So glad you're along for the ride on this PTR!! :thumbsup2

Only time I've been there was in Sept for WCC !! I loved the decor !! I felt comfortable there, unlike GF where as my DD put it we don't belong here !!:lmao:

Yes! That's exactly how I feel about it... it's just so comfortable! I don't think I could ever stay at the GF with Jake. I'd be so afraid my child would tear it apart and I'd have charges like crazy for broken things! :scared1:

So, when Jake went to the doctor's last week he measured in at 37.5" - back in December he was just over 35".. JUST tall enough to make it on Goofy's Barnstomer! I can't believe he had grown that much in so little time! :eek:

But then I got to thinking.. I'm pretty sure my monster of a child will be at least 40" by the time this trip rolls around. You know what that means?!

HELLLLOOOO DINOSAUR,
DSCN0257.jpg

SPLASH MOUNTAIN,
DSCN0322.jpg

(this was right after we got off of Splash... it was FREEEEEZZZINGGGGG!)

BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN,
DSCN0273.jpg

SOARIN',
soarin.jpg

TEST TRACK
DSCN0241.jpg

& TOWER OF TERROR! (My FAVORITE! :love:)
DSCN0310.jpg

So, I texted Kimmy and was like, "I think we might have a riding partner for the big rides!!" Do you know how excited that makes me? (And I know Kimmy is all for it, too!) I haven't been able to ride my beloved rides since December of 2008.

A few days ago I showed Jake a video of Splash Mountain on YouTube. The verdict?

"Mommmmm! That's so coool!" :thumbsup2

This evening I showed him a video of Big Thunder Mountain and he proceeded to sit on the couch, raise his arms and yell, "WHOAAAA! WHOAAA! Here comes da fast turn!" :rotfl:

So, I figure if I show him videos of these rides enough, he'll know exactly what they are in December (or least have a clue!) and want to give them a shot!

Just had to share my excitement!

Oh man, this child better be 40" come the end of the year! :lmao:

Awww that would be AWESOME if you and Jake would be able to ride all the big rides together! I'm sure he will grow 2 1/2 inches in 8 months :thumbsup2

Awww that would be AWESOME if you and Jake would be able to ride all the big rides together! I'm sure he will grow 2 1/2 inches in 8 months :thumbsup2

Oh my goodness, wouldn't it be?!?! :goodvibes

Kimmy & I were like, "Jake is going to be able to ride twice as much! Lucky!!" (Since he'd be swapping back and forth with us)

And I'm crossing my fingers tight that he does!

Awww wow I can't believe Jake has grown that much in just a few months! He's so cute, Chris and I miss him! (and you haha)

I hope he's 40 inches by December. At this rate it seems he definitely will be and I can just see him pretending to ride the roller coasters on your couch :rotfl:

You must have a mighty brave 2 1/2 year old!!! We took Madison on Splash last Jan when she was 6 and I think she was traumatized for life. She vows that she will NEVER go on Splash Mtn ever again. The only way I could get her on BTMRR was by telling her there are NO big drops. It justs goes fast and has lots of little hills. She finally went on Dinosaur last June, but she LOVES TT. It's one of her favorites, but I was a nervous wreck taking her on it. The outside part is a bit much for such a little person. Now, ToT. We want to take her on it in Sept, but she's not having it. She doesn't like that "tickle in her belly" on big drops.

I know that every kids is different, but I just wanted to tell you how my then 6 yo reacted to those rides. Being 40 inches is one thing, but being able to handle a ride is something totally different. I don't want to force Maddie on ToT because I'm afraid it would ruin it for her in the future (just like Splash).

Aw, I hope so with all my heart that Jake gets tall enough! That's so cute..I can just see him on the couch now pretending to be on BTMRR! :goodvibes

Awww wow I can't believe Jake has grown that much in just a few months! He's so cute, Chris and I miss him! (and you haha)

I hope he's 40 inches by December. At this rate it seems he definitely will be and I can just see him pretending to ride the roller coasters on your couch :rotfl:

I swear, this child is going to be at least 6 feet tall... his feet grow at an even faster rate! :laughing: Thanks girly! We miss yall, too! That one night together wasn't enough, that's for sure!

I hope he is, too! But I totally agree - if he keeps growing, he should be good to go come December!

Hahaha, it was so funny watching him on the couch. I'll have to video tape it next time he watches it!

You must have a mighty brave 2 1/2 year old!!! We took Madison on Splash last Jan when she was 6 and I think she was traumatized for life. She vows that she will NEVER go on Splash Mtn ever again. The only way I could get her on BTMRR was by telling her there are NO big drops. It justs goes fast and has lots of little hills. She finally went on Dinosaur last June, but she LOVES TT. It's one of her favorites, but I was a nervous wreck taking her on it. The outside part is a bit much for such a little person. Now, ToT. We want to take her on it in Sept, but she's not having it. She doesn't like that "tickle in her belly" on big drops.

I know that every kids is different, but I just wanted to tell you how my then 6 yo reacted to those rides. Being 40 inches is one thing, but being able to handle a ride is something totally different. I don't want to force Maddie on ToT because I'm afraid it would ruin it for her in the future (just like Splash).

Well, he turns 3 at the end of September, so he'll be a bit older come December. But yeah, he's a brave one for sure! This kid isn't afraid of anything.. it's going to get us in trouble quite a bit I'm sure. :scared1:

Aw, poor Madison! At least she gave them a try! But that's awesome she likes Dinosaur! That ride still scares me sometimes! :rotfl: I'm sure when she gets even older, she'll start to love them! :)

Aw, I hope so with all my heart that Jake gets tall enough! That's so cute..I can just see him on the couch now pretending to be on BTMRR! :goodvibes

Me too girl, me too!

Haha :) Thanks girl. Like I told Kristen, I'll have to video tape it soon!

Wow! You'll have so much fun with Jake!
Brady watches the videos for BTM and he wants to ride that so badly! I hope we get to take him this year.

Well, he turns 3 at the end of September, so he'll be a bit older come December. But yeah, he's a brave one for sure! This kid isn't afraid of anything.. it's going to get us in trouble quite a bit I'm sure. :scared1:

Aw, poor Madison! At least she gave them a try! But that's awesome she likes Dinosaur! That ride still scares me sometimes! :rotfl: I'm sure when she gets even older, she'll start to love them! :)

Madison is a bit of a scaredy cat sometimes. She really loves BTMRR and wants to ride it at night again. I actually just showed her a video of Space Mtn with the lights on on youtube. I had to show her there are NO big drops. It just goes fast and makes sharp turns like BTMRR. She still wants me or my DH to ride it first to make sure she'd like it. I showed her a video of EE too, but I don't think she'll be brave enough in Sept. She doesn't like how it goes backwards!

HEY GUYS!!! Sorry I have not been around!! I have been so crazy busy at work! (Good busy though! :thumbsup2) I've missed you guys!! Good thing Lauren is here keeping yall company!!

I bet Jake will definitely be tall enough by December! Probably even before. We should have a betting pool on it since threads with games are always more fun. :laughing:

Hmmm...I wonder if Landon will be tall enough for Barnstormer!! I sure hope so! He's not scheduled for another dr's appt until May but I will let you guys know for sure!

AHHHHHHH I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter