Almost just back........many random thoughts

I find it interesting that your daughter is studying Entertainment Events management and does not want to deal with the guests. She may want to change career paths before she gets too far into it. Also, and it's just my opinion, that with two cases of food poisoning and so many issues with the food at Disney, the problem may be elsewhere. I, for one, think that Disney has raised their game in the area of food service, not only at the restaurants, but also at the various stands throughout the parks.
I know I will get slammed for this post, but there may be a reason the son and husband want to be elsewhere!

I'll agree with others I've read a lot about over salted food - but I just wish everyone that felt their food was over salted would email guest relations - I think a few thousand emails would do more good then a few thousand posts on message boards, like Disboards... (that way when I get there the salt won't be a problem! ;) )

I do agree with you about the decline of the food - the last time we went, 2010 I believe, I saw too many short cuts and too many of the same foods on every buffet - there was little to recommend... sad that. I also see the same thing written in food blogs, like easywdw, I think he does a good job with reviewing and including pictures to prove his point...

I find it interesting that your daughter is studying Entertainment Events management and does not want to deal with the guests. She may want to change career paths before she gets too far into it. Also, and it's just my opinion, that with two cases of food poisoning and so many issues with the food at Disney, the problem may be elsewhere. I, for one, think that Disney has raised their game in the area of food service, not only at the restaurants, but also at the various stands throughout the parks.
I know I will get slammed for this post, but there may be a reason the son and husband want to be elsewhere!

Wow!!! Really?? My husband and son went elsewhere because to be frank with you my husband is not a huge fan of Disney-especially after we have spent upwards of $160,000 on our past trips-yes, you read that correctly- and he is not convinced the trips are worth the money we spend. If you must know, we take three or four other family vacations together every year, thanks for your concern, though!
Yes, two cases of food poisoning and the CM's at the Beach Club told us it happens quite often. The problem is not with us-we dine out often and travel quite a bit, thanks again.

My DD made a joke-not that you would get that with your attitude. SMH

I've noticed the food is really slipping as well. Some of my favorite places there are becoming mediocre.

Generally speaking when a location adds so salt, it's because the quality of the ingredients are slipping and sale is a cheap way to cover it up.

My parents were down in the beginning of Dec and on their own told me about the numerous crappy food experiences they had, including at Monsier Pauls.

Also the the CM's don't seem to be as happy as before either, on a whole anyway. Last trip we did encounter some great CM's as usual though.

I have noticed a decline in the past two trips (even more so in our January trip). The food is too salty, CMs attitude is below "what use to be Disney Standards" and the parks were pretty dirty this last trip :( Still had a fab time but I really noticed some flaws.

As for you Disney/Universal Fan,

This DIS forum is full of drama and I often just stay within the drama free camping forum and catch up on all things there. When I see drama on this side, I usually just skip over it or ignore it but your comment was WAY OUT OF LINE. In fact, the worst comment I have ever seen on here. It is flat out horrible. I can't believe you would say such a nasty statement and assume something about her family. You know nothing about them, why would you even make such an accusation.

SHAME ON YOU!

I also had the Croque Monsieur at BOG - I tend to like my food salted, but found it to be way too salty, even for my taste!

Our last trip we were disappointed in changes to some of our favorite park foods as well. For example Epcot Japan's Katsura Grill used to be one of our favorite places, but it was really bad our last trip. The California Rolls here used to be very good and fresh, and now it seems like it's been changed to cafeteria pre-made yuck. Maybe we were just unlucky? (We were not able to order them without fish eggs, so I know they were pre-made packages.)

I also noticed the parks being much dirtier too our last trip. The bathrooms especially - dirty, paint chipping - not at all what I expect from Disney. It made it seem like they were short on custodial/maintenance staff.

The FoF parade is one of the things I'm really looking forward to and I have never gone out of my way to see a WDW parade. In the videos/pics I've seen the floats look so vibrant and detailed. I can't wait to see it!

I have found staff there to be really understanding and helpful with any ADR mess up. We had one at Prime Time--peak hour, and it did not show up. They seated us immediately. It was great, and we were very appreciative. I think if you speak directly to the people at the podium, they work it out for you.

Totally uncalled for!

I've noticed the food is really slipping as well. Some of my favorite places there are becoming mediocre.

Generally speaking when a location adds so salt, it's because the quality of the ingredients are slipping and sale is a cheap way to cover it up.

My parents were down in the beginning of Dec and on their own told me about the numerous crappy food experiences they had, including at Monsier Pauls.

Also the the CM's don't seem to be as happy as before either, on a whole anyway. Last trip we did encounter some great CM's as usual though.
Agreed. One of my formerly favorite fast food places here in town has taken to way oversalting their burgers. I've even started asking for reduced salt burgers when I order from there, but they still taste as salty as ever. My family still enjoys the place but I normally get my own food elsewhere now. I think they increased the salt because they had to find lesser quality beef to maintain low prices.

Is that attacking poster (I won't refer to the person by screen name) a Morton's Salt salesperson?

No, not spoiled-the ribs were very fatty and had a strange aftertaste-I don't know what it was. The chicken was very salty-I admit I am not a big fried chicken fan but DD is and she did not like it. Like I said, we have eaten there before and were very pleased. I don't pretend to be a gourmet, but I do cook, I worked in Manhattan for many years pre-kids, and grew up in the suburbs-having dined at great NYC restaurants all my life as well as lived 20 minutes away from Providence, RI-one of the great food cities in the country- for 12 years-and vacationed often in San Francisco -so I do know how good food should taste-not that everything appeals to everyone, obviously, just offering MO.

Oh, I wasn't doubting you that there was something wrong; I just couldn't tell what it was from your choice of adjectives.

They may be oversalting the food in a collective act of plausibly deniable hostility toward guests and/or sabotage of their employer. I'm serious.

But it isn't in all servings, at least not in our experience.

With my cousin's burger, there were 4 or 5 other burgers at the table and none of them were like hers.

Another day (maybe a different visit) my aunt (cousin's mom) got two items from Pizzafari that were intolerably salty. One was a veggie pizza that 3 of us had their own of, and only hers was like that. She returned it and got something else, and again, utterly and intolerably salty when there's NO reason for that item to have extra salt on it. To return that, and to just get a refund, was very difficult and even the manager balked. My aunt had taken two bites of food (and I had taken one bite of the pizza to compare it to mine to see if my aunt was being sensitive), and the manager seemed to think she was trying to pull something over on them. Crazy.

Curious, What kind of issues did you have with FP+?

On a few rides, our MB taps did not make the turnstiles turn green. We then had to pull up our FP's on our phones to prove we had them. MDE took quite a while to load on my phone-a 2 year old Droid Razr Maxx. I was also booted off almost immediately so I think it is an issue with the older technology rather than an MDE issue. My DD's new iPhone 6 fared much better at loading and operating the app so we used hers after we realized that. Last year we were there during the testing phase and had no problems at all.

I had a new Samsung Galaxy S5 just sitting here and I felt it would be too much to learn how it works on vacation but ended up regretting not activating it as it would have been more compatible with the app. I have since been using it and the app loads much more quickly and operates better as a whole. Of course, now I am home so I'll have to wait until next year to see if it works better onsite.

You should be able to charge Disney a certain amount of money for each ADR lost and for time wasted.
That's my issue of sorts.

If Disney can charge a $10 cancelation fee, seems only fair that something be given back for waiting more than 20 minutes to be seated.

OMG!
The majority of our ADR's are for a party of 9. I can't imagine the grief it would cause to be told that our reservation had vanished, and then charged $90 for a meal that we did not eat.:headache:I am seriously reconsidering the group ADR's...it would be such a hassle if I had to worry about no show charges on top of everything else.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter