ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to swim in the pool at a hotel I paid for - as in a paying guest at Poly/me. Seems all locked up now and unfriendly imho.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to swim in the pool at a hotel I paid for - as in a paying guest at Poly/me. Seems all locked up now and unfriendly imho.

I have to say, if I was paying the $$ to stay there I would want them to do anything and everything to make sure people not paying to stay here were unable to use the pool. I normally don't let other people's actions bother me, but that sure would.

I like the "locked up" pool. I had a terrible time finding a place to sit with my kids last time.

I have to say that I do not mind having my band checked to see if I am a paying guest. I feel like I am paying all this money for a resort I want to share it with people who have also paid to be there. They have a certain number of seating because of how they count the occupancy rate.if people who didn't pay are allowed in then the people who did pay won't have seating or it will be over crowded. Im sorry but I have other resorts for dinner to see if we would like to stay there in the future. We have walked around the grounds and checked it out but I would never expect to be allowed into the pool area if I am not booked there. I feel like looking over the fence is how u should see it because it's. It my resort. Just my opinion

Yes, pictures please from anyone who has time to post that is there now.

Is the quiet pool/east pool still open? I'm unclear when it is supposed to close. I heard mid April. But was not sure if that might be delayed until later.

Does anyone know what the lines are like at Trader Sam's lately? Is it still like 3 hours like it was on opening day? Or has it calmed down slightly? Will be there in just over 2 weeks.
I can give you some first hand knowledge. We were just there on the 13th (a Monday). We had just finished our long car trip and gotten checked in and went in search of a bite and a cocktail. We put our name in and got a pager at about 9:30 pm. They quoted us 1/2 hr to an hour. There was walk up seating (and plenty of it) at the connected terrace which served all the same food/drinks with the exception of a rum added dole whip which was available on the terrace but not inside). Since we wanted something a little more substantial we decided to get a bite at Capt. Cooks while we waited. Our pager went off before we could finish eating so I am thinking 20mins to half hour.

The atmosphere inside is really fun. They had all specialty glasses except the Nautilus and we also found out that while Theu serve some of the drinks in specialty glasses you can opt not to take one home and the drink price was $5 less according to our server. What I did not like was the fact that they had no prices on their menu.

I did notice that people walked in with drinks from elsewhere (could have been the terrace). We saw one couple grab seats and one of them started taking pictures all over the grotto. It was actually very distracting as they were seated right next to us. She finished taking pictures and they left without ever ordering anything!

So at the new volcano pool - are they actively having guests scan their bands before entry to be sure that only those staying at the Poly can use it?

There is no one at the gate scanning. There is a band reader that is supposed to unlock the gate. You then pull up the top knob to open it. However, while we were there this past week it was not working so all anyone had to do was pull up the knob.

Yes, pictures please from anyone who has time to post that is there now.

Is the quiet pool/east pool still open? I'm unclear when it is supposed to close. I heard mid April. But was not sure if that might be delayed until later.

Quiet pool closed on 4/16. Quite frankly, it is not a quiet pool anyway with all the construction around it. The lava pool got a little crowded late in the day so we opted to go to the quiet pool on our way back to Moorea and we left after about 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter