ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got an email from IPO canceling our request for a cabana - same working that Tikiman received. Super bummed but we will survive! Maybe they will be back someday... maybe at the East pool after renovations?

I agree, I really hope they put in more umbrellas. Weather with tables or just spread out amongst the lounge chairs. I heard they are removing those nice "Tiki huts" by the East pool when they do those renovations too. They are such nice little areas with shade. If we can't find shade at the poly pools this might be the ultimate dealbreaker for me.

Anyone here have an idea how I can bring my own umbrellas? maybe that would work.

We aren't going until the end of October. Hoping there will be cabanas available by then.

We usually grab one for each pool day.

Does anyone know if there are any hammocks left on the beach? My DD18 loved those for her "quiet" time.

Lounge chairs are REALLY REALLY CLOSE TOGETHER and fwiw, the fence going out to the beach looks horrible. O MY heck, what an eyesore. Why did they need a fence from pool to the beach?

Last edited:

I received an email about the cabanas also but it said because I had not made any negative comments on the internet or social media about the Poly that they would sprinkle pixie dust and we would have a cabana.:yay:

Hey all, Im hoping you can help me... Im hoping to stay at the polynesian at the end of October however we have a family which includes 4 adults and 2 small children... Unfortunately the Villas only fit 5 people... Our youngest sleeps with us anyways (she is 2 but will be 3 in October) so I was wondering if anyone else has "snuck" people into there room like this and then bought her a pass separate form the hotel... What would be the downside of this?

The only other option is to pay for another room which would put this hotel out of my price range.

Hey all, Im hoping you can help me... Im hoping to stay at the polynesian at the end of October however we have a family which includes 4 adults and 2 small children... Unfortunately the Villas only fit 5 people... Our youngest sleeps with us anyways (she is 2 but will be 3 in October) so I was wondering if anyone else has "snuck" people into there room like this and then bought her a pass separate form the hotel... What would be the downside of this?

The only other option is to pay for another room which would put this hotel out of my price range.

The downside would be having to leave the Poly mid vacation and try to book a room that will actually fit your family. The max room occupancy is not just for sleeping spaces, it's for fire codes too. And I have seen a family removed from their resort room for sneaking someone in.

Lagoon facing side of Hawaii = TPV CL rooms. When the construction on the East pool begins, it will be on the other side of Hawaii.

New here!

We are usually a WL family, aside from last year when we stayed at the GF. We are excited to be going back to the WL, but with the 30% off at the Poly standard rooms, it makes for a great deal. I was about to change and saw that not all the rooms have patios or balconies. My husband smokes (and when he can't he's not in the best mood) and he would not be happy with a room without either. Has anyone ever had problems getting either a patio or balcony? This would be a deal breaker for us. I really don't want to stay in a room without one either. I know it's only the 2nd floors, but during the busy season, who knows. We're going July 11th-17th.

New here!

We are usually a WL family, aside from last year when we stayed at the GF. We are excited to be going back to the WL, but with the 30% off at the Poly standard rooms, it makes for a great deal. I was about to change and saw that not all the rooms have patios or balconies. My husband smokes (and when he can't he's not in the best mood) and he would not be happy with a room without either. Has anyone ever had problems getting either a patio or balcony? This would be a deal breaker for us. I really don't want to stay in a room without one either. I know it's only the 2nd floors, but during the busy season, who knows. We're going July 11th-17th.

Even if you have a patio or balcony he won't be allowed to smoke on either. He will have to smoke in one of the Designated Smoking Areas around the resort.

You could make a balcony your only request to up your odds.

I know this is somewhere but I can't find it! I'm looking for how much it costs for Club Level. Is it just all included in the price of the room? And what is included. Can you get Club Level with the Magical Deal if those rooms aren't sold out?

Yes and yes :)
I know this is somewhere but I can't find it! I'm looking for how much it costs for Club Level. Is it just all included in the price of the room? And what is included. Can you get Club Level with the Magical Deal if those rooms aren't sold out?

Yes, if there's any more availability, CL is included in Magical Deal.

Does anyone know if there are any hammocks left on the beach? My DD18 loved those for her "quiet" time.

I'd like to know this too! Nothing like swaying in a hammock under Palm trees!

I received an email about the cabanas also but it said because I had not made any negative comments on the internet or social media about the Poly that they would sprinkle pixie dust and we would have a cabana.:yay:
How would they know this?

New here!

He's not allowed to smoke on balcony at any WDW resort. You'd be surprised at how far the smell carries. We've had to leave our balcony because someone was smoking on theirs. That's why they have designated smoking areas.

4 months from today I'll be at the Poly!!!!!!! :rainbow: I'm sooooooooo excited!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!:dance3:

Us too! I just logged into MDE, ( I try to avoid doing so every day, LOL), we are 121 days out!
We are excited, even with no cabanas, ad East pool construction! Of course, we only go to Disney about every 3 years on average, and this will be our last trip for a very, very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter