Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually never noticed that. Did they get the light in the fridge area working?! Great pics BTW! Now give me my camera back! :rotfl2: Seriously, I too love the one with the balloons over the GF. And, once again, beautiful family!

yep - everything else was working fine. well, the sink would not drain well, but they fixed that before our luggage even got up to the room.

Dawgdad, loved the pics, you have a lovely family. Glad you had a great time. all I have to say is "GO DAWGS!" I am a UGA fan myself, from central GA.

All of these pictures make me want to be there on the beach looking at the Castle with a Lapu Lapu, but alas I still have 8 long months.:rotfl:

[/QUOTE]
Alas, we are not CL. But we are TPV - hopefully right back in our old room, Tuvalu #3409. Unless Dawgdad and his gang are back in there again! :lmao: I actually checked your ticker, Dawgdad, to make sure your bounceback wasn't at the same time as our trip! :lmao: Not that we wouldn't mind meeting you & yours (esp. since we have something in common! :)) but it might be a little unseemly fighting for the room in front of the kids![/QUOTE]

I hope that you get your room, and hopefully we will run into each other, this trip it is only my sister and me, (my nephew may decide to come with, but he hasn't made up his mind yet.)

it's no problem - we will only need 2 rooms for this next trip, so we can slide down to 3410, 3411...

It will be wierd, but I think for the first time in 6 years I may request something other than Tahiti 3rd floor. I can't believe it.

When I checked us in and went back to the bus and told everyone that tahiti was not available and that we were in Tuvalu, all of the adults were not super happy...but I assured them that i thought it would be all good - and Tuvalu has some added nostalgia because that is the building where we stayed the last time my mom and dad took just me and and my sister in 1979...when it was called Samoa.

For all of you Poly experts - have any of you watched Wishes from Cali Grill and can compare to watching from the Poly beach? Which one would have a better view?

Do we have to arrive early to watch Wishes from the Poly beach? This will be our second trip to Disney and in our first trip we did not see Wishes. Want to make sure we catch it this time. ANd sine we're there during MNSSP, Wishes is not on every night - just some nights - and some nights it's waaay after my kids go to sleep.

Just my opinion, but if you haven't seen Wishes at all yet, I'd go see it in MK the first time. :) Unless of course you;re worried about how your little ones will handle the fireworks, in which case you can't go wrong with either view of Wishes. Have fun on your trip! :goodvibes

Well - here are a few from last week. I can't imagine a better view from anywhere else in the World.

yes they sure are - our 2 adopted angels. Emma and Sam.

I am the luckiest person in the world - lovely wife and 5 beautiful kids.

on the bus
and in the Kingdom
P3070195.jpg

You took some beautiful photos! :goodvibes You might even have convinced me to stay in Tuvalu in a TPV view sometime. ;)

Love your family - you all look so very cute! :thumbsup2

I hope that you get your room, and hopefully we will run into each other, this trip it is only my sister and me, (my nephew may decide to come with, but he hasn't made up his mind yet.)

My mom has agreed to babysit for my friend and me so we can have a mommy night out!! I went to Jellyrolls last year (this week last year, actually :guilty:), and it was so much fun!! I probably wouldn't go to the World without the kids again unless they decided, for some insane reason, they didn't want to go to DW, but I definitely won't turn down the chance for a night out, as it was lovely to have some grown-up beverages around the WS and hit Jellyrolls on our grown-up girls only trip. Longest sentence ever!! :rotfl:

Thank you so very much Dawgdad for sharing your beautiful photos! Lovely family and so glad you had such a terrific time! Thanks again for taking the time to post them all~

it's no problem - we will only need 2 rooms for this next trip, so we can slide down to 3410, 3411...

It will be wierd, but I think for the first time in 6 years I may request something other than Tahiti 3rd floor. I can't believe it.

When I checked us in and went back to the bus and told everyone that tahiti was not available and that we were in Tuvalu, all of the adults were not super happy...but I assured them that i thought it would be all good - and Tuvalu has some added nostalgia because that is the building where we stayed the last time my mom and dad took just me and and my sister in 1979...when it was called Samoa.

I remember that disappointed-we-didn't-get-Tahiti feeling well. It sure didn't last long! When I asked everyone if they wanted to request Tahiti for our next trip it was a resounding NO!
Cool that Tuvulu had that extra bit of nostalgia for you. :)

yep - it really will be tough for us next year - the larger rooms really help us alot - but I think we may just ask for 3rd floor and see what we get. The good thing is that since we have 3 rooms when we take the whole family, Tuvalu and Tahiti are really the only place they can put us for TPV.

Got a little booklet in the mail today!:banana:
Keeping your Disney dream vacation right on track it states.
It says Welcome and Welcome back to the Poly for your Anniversary.:hug:
Just a nice little magic in the mail.:love:

Boy I can't wait.:cloud9:

Hey, you were in our room! :laughing:

I was wondering the room numbers! You guys were in the room next to me...we were in 3407! The pics on the poly pics thread could have been taken from my room...and with a much better camera! :laughing: My camera did NOT do our view justice! Thank god I can hook up my camcorder to our flatscreen TV and I can make pretend I'm looking out my sliders watching the ferries go by, or watching the EWP, or watching Wishes....man, I am still not over my Poly withdrawals! :sad1: Do any of you guys ever tear up when you hear the Wishes music? I'm such a sap since I've been home!

Dawgdad- thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! I can never seem to get the night shots to look even halfway decent.

Now I am motivated to make some extra money in April to pay for an upgrade to TPV for our trip in May!! My DH wants to do the DxDP but after seeing your pics I think I would rather spend the money on a TPV instead!!

:flower3:

Hi Sunshine! I did just this! I gave up the DXDP so I could upgrade to theme park view, and it was worth every penny! I'd trade food over that beautiful view any trip! :thumbsup2 You will not regret TPV. I am still missing that view, and I don't think I"ll stop missing it anytime soon...I was one door down from Dawgdad, and I fell in love with Tuvalu and that view! :love:

I was wondering the room numbers! You guys were in the room next to me...we were in 3407! The pics on the poly pics thread could have been taken from my room...and with a much better camera! :laughing: My camera did NOT do our view justice! Thank god I can hook up my camcorder to our flatscreen TV and I can make pretend I'm looking out my sliders watching the ferries go by, or watching the EWP, or watching Wishes....man, I am still not over my Poly withdrawals! :sad1: Do any of you guys ever tear up when you hear the Wishes music? I'm such a sap since I've been home!

For me it's the sound of the boat horns. We were watching a video of the EWP and you could hear a boat horn off in the distance. Made me want to cry! I've been having really bad withdrawl lately. Eight months is so long to go still!!! (although it's better than 20 months!)
My D H actually admitted to me that's why he initially didn't want to go back this year - he felt so horrible when we came home last fall (very down & blue) that he didn't want to go through it again.

For all of you Poly experts - have any of you watched Wishes from Cali Grill and can compare to watching from the Poly beach? Which one would have a better view?

Do we have to arrive early to watch Wishes from the Poly beach? This will be our second trip to Disney and in our first trip we did not see Wishes. Want to make sure we catch it this time. ANd sine we're there during MNSSP, Wishes is not on every night - just some nights - and some nights it's waaay after my kids go to sleep.

No you do not have to arrive early to watch wishes from the Poly. There is plenty of room on the beach!

California grill is really close and beautiful for fireworks! But you lose a lot because you can see where they are coming from! They really are not centered on the castle! So he view is not what Disney intended! Beautiful just the same!

Poly beach! The Castle I. The background over the water! Wow beeeautiful! We do have reservations with CG so thy we can watch the wishes from there again, but we are staying at the Poly so we see it at both locations!

Dawgdad -- thank you for sharing the lovely photos of your family and the Poly! I'm glad that you had a great time there and that the room assignment worked out for you in the end!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter