Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it!:banana::banana:

Just called Magical Vacations and signed up for the "TikiPlan" for Dec4-11!!!:cool1:

This thread finally convinced me to proceed. Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed for a whopper of a discount or good pin code...

Thanks for all of your help and advice (and beautiful pictures!)

Just called Magical Vacations and signed up for the "TikiPlan" for Dec4-11!!!:cool1:

This thread finally convinced me to proceed. Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed for a whopper of a discount or good pin code...

Congrats!! Half the thread will be there at the same time. :rotfl:

Hi Sunshine! I did just this! I gave up the DXDP so I could upgrade to theme park view, and it was worth every penny! I'd trade food over that beautiful view any trip! :thumbsup2 You will not regret TPV. I am still missing that view, and I don't think I"ll stop missing it anytime soon...I was one door down from Dawgdad, and I fell in love with Tuvalu and that view! :love:

Well I talked my DH out of the DxDP by telling him I really wanted to just have extra time to enjoy the wonderful Poly rather than worrying about getting to lots of ADR's all week! He agreed!!! We hashed out what dining ressies to keep, what to discard, and a few to pay OOP like the breakfasts and he was happy with that. What I DIDN'T tell him was that we will be staying in a theme park view room! He will love it, I know!! Last year, he didn't really want to upgrade to water view at BC so I paid the difference and then HE was the one on the (skinny) balcony EVERY morning enjoying his cup of coffee. In fact, it was that darn water view at BC which almost prevented me from getting to stay at my dream resort (the Poly) this year cuz he liked it sooo much!! I know he will be so happy with the Poly views!! I just hope we get a balcony - and a 3rd floor one at that!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! At first I wasn't sure I made the right choice but I feel good about it now. I also know the TPV will be much better for our health (both mentally and physically-haha) than 3 table service meals a day!! :laughing:

Hello all,

I'm defecting from the GF CL to join you all. I just couldn't take the condescending, apathetic attitudes of the club level staff and now have no desire to stay at the GF in any level room.

Today I'm calling to switch my reservation over to our beloved Polynesian Resort! Hopefully they'll have a club level room open but if not, I'd rather be anywhere at the Poly than have to deal with THOSE people over at that other resort.

Anyway, I'm super excited about coming home to the Poly. Everyone is very nice and helpful there. We're looking forward to seeing Wishes while relaxing on the beach.

Hello all,

I'm defecting from the GF CL to join you all. I just couldn't take the condescending, apathetic attitudes of the club level staff and now have no desire to stay at the GF in any level room.

Today I'm calling to switch my reservation over to our beloved Polynesian Resort! Hopefully they'll have a club level room open but if not, I'd rather be anywhere at the Poly than have to deal with THOSE people over at that other resort.

Anyway, I'm super excited about coming home to the Poly. Everyone is very nice and helpful there. We're looking forward to seeing Wishes while relaxing on the beach.

Whoa! What happened? In any case, we've always felt like family at the Poly!! :cloud9:

Well I talked my DH out of the DxDP by telling him I really wanted to just have extra time to enjoy the wonderful Poly rather than worrying about getting to lots of ADR's all week! He agreed!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! At first I wasn't sure I made the right choice but I feel good about it now. I also know the TPV will be much better for our health (both mentally and physically-haha) than 3 table service meals a day!! :laughing:

Now that is some good Disney thinking! :goodvibes

Hello all,

Sorry things didn't work out at the GF. I switched from GF back to the Poly too. I just didn't feel right about staying there. Glad to have you join us! :goodvibes

Hello all,

Wow! I thought the Poly and the GF shared CL staff? Anyway, welcome back to the Poly thread! Don't OUR people ROCK?:grouphug: Good luck switching today!:)

Hello all,

We just stayed GF CL a few weeks ago and most of them were completely wonderful (especially Joe, who knew us by name after our first interaction with him, and went out of his way to make magic for us the whole time we were there).

Lisa at Magical Vacations ROCKS!

Lisa at Magical Vacations ROCKS!

She does! I had a nice chat with her yesterday. I feel like I am in good hands!:thumbsup2 I did struggle with the idea of "letting go" of the control of my own reservation, but I like knowing that she is on the lookout for promo codes and such (not that I am taking my eye off that ball! ;)) Also, I signed up for the "TikiPlan", so I am looking forward to the gift basket as well!

Whoa! What happened? In any case, we've always felt like family at the Poly!! :cloud9:

Thank you all for your warm welcome! Nothing really major happened. On my ADR day I had to ask if they made the ressies as they didn't email me until 1pm. I sent them an email around 11, didn't hear anything from them for a while so I ended up making my own ADR. The 1pm email basically said...sorry we forgot about you, here you go. I ended up cancelling all the ADR's I made. Irritating yes, but that wasn't enough to make me want to not stay there.

The next day I received another email with updates and changes to my ressies. I never requested any changes. This email had my old room only confirmation # on it, so I was worried that their system went wonky and got rid of our package. I ended up calling and got a man on the phone that was condescending and rude. He ended up telling me that he'd love to charge me more just so he can have extra staff sit there and email me or call me everytime I had a whim. A few hours later he sent an email saying how sorry he was that Disney's system was so confusing to me. My DH even said that the CM worded it like I was a complete idiot.

The apethetic emails combined with the rude CM did me in. I don't have any desire to stay at the GF and am so glad DH & I decided to go back to the Poly where we know the CM's will be friendly and respectful.

I know it sounds minor and just an irritation, but at my age I just don't deal well with rudeness.

From what I heard, the Poly IPO shares with the WL and GF shares with CR. Please correct me if I wrong, I may have just bit myself in the rear end if Poly does share IPO staff with the GF.

Thank you all for your warm welcome! Nothing really major happened. On my ADR day I had to ask if they made the ressies as they didn't email me until 1pm. I sent them an email around 11, didn't hear anything from them for a while so I ended up making my own ADR. The 1pm email basically said...sorry we forgot about you, here you go. I ended up cancelling all the ADR's I made. Irritating yes, but that wasn't enough to make me want to not stay there.

The next day I received another email with updates and changes to my ressies. I never requested any changes. This email had my old room only confirmation # on it, so I was worried that their system went wonky and got rid of our package. I ended up calling and got a man on the phone that was condescending and rude. He ended up telling me that he'd love to charge me more just so he can have extra staff sit there and email me or call me everytime I had a whim. A few hours later he sent an email saying how sorry he was that Disney's system was so confusing to me. My DH even said that the CM worded it like I was a complete idiot.

The apethetic emails combined with the rude CM did me in. I don't have any desire to stay at the GF and am so glad DH & I decided to go back to the Poly where we know the CM's will be friendly and respectful.

I know it sounds minor and just an irritation, but at my age I just don't deal well with rudeness.

From what I heard, the Poly IPO shares with the WL and GF shares with CR. Please correct me if I wrong, I may have just bit myself in the rear end if Poly does share IPO staff with the GF.

:flower3: No, that doesn't sound minor at all!! Not only as a (paying) guest, but as a person, you deserve to be treated with respect! And, it being Disney, you should be treated even better!!! This is our first CL stay, and I've had nothing but prompt and cheery emails from Brittany and Amanda at Poly IPO. Hope you enjoy your trip at the BEST resort on the monorail!! :thumbsup2

Hello everyone:

I just booked a garden view room at the poly and I'm wondering which building I should request. I know I want a patio/balcony; as well as a central location that's not looking over the parking lot. The category for garden view seems to be pretty broad. Does anyone have experience with the various views. I was on all allears and Tokelau seems to be popping up a lot in reviews. I'm sure this has been discussed already somewhere within the thread but feedback would be appreciated. I'm so excited to be going home!! :dance3:

if I were you I would keep that rude email and call Poly IPO and speak with them about that rude moron at GF! Send them the email! Maybe you will be doing all of us and Disney a favor by reporting him!

From what I understand we share IPO with WL only! And we have never had problems with our IPO's our the concierge staff at the Hawaii building! It's almost earie how nice they are! We love them!

Hello everyone:

I just booked a garden view room at the poly and I'm wondering which building I should request. I know I want a patio/balcony; as well as a central location that's not looking over the parking lot. The category for garden view seems to be pretty broad. Does anyone have experience with the various views. I was on all allears and Tokelau seems to be popping up a lot in reviews. I'm sure this has been discussed already somewhere within the thread but feedback would be appreciated. I'm so excited to be going home!! :dance3:

We're Tokelau fans here - specifically the east side of the building. We've had ground floor rooms there twice and just love it. Nice grassy area just off the patio for the kids to play or DH and I pull the chairs out there for sun - and you can see the lagoon, etc. from there. The walkway is not often used and is a good distance from the patios so there's not people walking "right there". Great central location to GCH, pools, and TTC. Nice and quiet, love it!

Wow, what a difference a friendly email can be! I was able to switch to GV CL and emailed IPO to introduce myself. Amanda sent back the sweetest welcome email.

I spoke to a manager while I was changing resorts to explain the reason why. Just wanted to let her know how GF IPO treated some of their guests.

Anyway, I'm so glad to be here!

Wow, what a difference a friendly email can be! I was able to switch to GV CL and emailed IPO to introduce myself. Amanda sent back the sweetest welcome email.

I spoke to a manager while I was changing resorts to explain the reason why. Just wanted to let her know how GF IPO treated some of their guests.

Wow! :scared1: What a horrible experience! Glad you rebooked with Poly! :goodvibes

:sad2: That's really too bad. My experience with GF IPO is that they are competent, but not warm and chatty. You are correct -- they share with CR, so don't go over there. ;) Poly IPO has a very different "feel" to it -- I hope you'll be happy there.

Glad you let them know why you changed rooms -- hopefully their IPO staff person will get some training in customer relations. ;) Poly IPO has been very warm and welcoming as well. Just to let you know, as with any place, there are some CMs who are heads & shoulders above the others -- if you don't like who you're dealing with, in my experience you can call back later and get a different CM. (But I agree that you shouldn't have to do this).

Oh -- and WELCOME to the Poly thread.:goodvibes

:sad2: .Just to let you know, as with any place, there are some CMs who are heads & shoulders above the others -- if you don't like who you're dealing with, in my experience you can call back later and get a different CM. (But I agree that you shouldn't have to do this).

Oh -- and WELCOME to the Poly thread.:goodvibes

I agree! This very same thing happened to me with AKL IPO last month. Seriously, it was like night and day corresponding with 2 different CMs there. Unfortunately, you don't always get to talk to your CM of choice...

And thanks, everyone, for clearing up my misunderstanding about sharing of IPO offices.:)

Well I talked my DH out of the DxDP by telling him I really wanted to just have extra time to enjoy the wonderful Poly rather than worrying about getting to lots of ADR's all week! He agreed!!! We hashed out what dining ressies to keep, what to discard, and a few to pay OOP like the breakfasts and he was happy with that. What I DIDN'T tell him was that we will be staying in a theme park view room! He will love it, I know!! Last year, he didn't really want to upgrade to water view at BC so I paid the difference and then HE was the one on the (skinny) balcony EVERY morning enjoying his cup of coffee. In fact, it was that darn water view at BC which almost prevented me from getting to stay at my dream resort (the Poly) this year cuz he liked it sooo much!! I know he will be so happy with the Poly views!! I just hope we get a balcony - and a 3rd floor one at that!

Yay for you on switching to TPV...you will love it! It's hard for me for my next vacation because I won't be staying there again. :sad2: It was a one time deal for us, but glad I have that one special trip to always remember! (unless we win the lottery of course! :lmao:)

Hello everyone:

I would definitely request Fiji if I stayed Poly garden view. We were in Tuvalu TPV a few weeks back and walked by Fiji on the way to our longhouse and you can't go wrong with either side....you have the GF and a white sand beach on one side, and the marina on the other. And even though you have a water view on both side, you only pay for a GV! It's literally one minute from the GCH, and a nice quiet area to enjoy :) Have fun planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter