Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about all those hundreds of little lizards that run all over the place on the walkways at the Poly. That was really fun to watch! Does anyone know the name of the lizards? I wanted to try and find them in a field guide.

We're Tokelau fans here - specifically the east side of the building. We've had ground floor rooms there twice and just love it. Nice grassy area just off the patio for the kids to play or DH and I pull the chairs out there for sun - and you can see the lagoon, etc. from there. The walkway is not often used and is a good distance from the patios so there's not people walking "right there". Great central location to GCH, pools, and TTC. Nice and quiet, love it!

SANDYM718: I think you sold ME on Tokelau!!!! :woohoo: Sounds wonderful! It would be nice sitting out there (drinking something YUMMY :thumbsup2) while my 1 yr old naps!

I was just thinking about all those hundreds of little lizards that run all over the place on the walkways at the Poly. That was really fun to watch! Does anyone know the name of the lizards? I wanted to try and find them in a field guide.

Don't know what they're all called; we called ours "Harry." :)

826_06poly3.jpg

I ran across this on the web!
I believe this is what they are called! They like bugs!! So thank tem when you see them!

The anoles are called the American Chamelian. They do change color depending on their enviroment and their mood. If you see a brown one and they get startled, they'll usually turn green pretty quickly.

My kids LOVE those lizards!! DH too. Last trip only DD napped, DS would do his schoolwork and then go out and play with the lizards!

Allison - I don't think you'd be disappointed!! Our first trip, both kids napped. DH and I would sit out there reading, either in the shade on the patio, or if we wanted sun, pull the chairs out onto the grassy area. The beauty of ground floor is we could take turns going for a walk, or to get a drink or a snack from CC's. Worked out so well!! And as I said above, 2nd trip, DS enjoyed the luxury of walking right off the patio to play in the "lawn". I took him to the arcade one day, or we'd go get a snack. So nice to come and go without disturbing the napper! Having that outdoor space also made us feel like we had more room for the week - 4 people in one room is a bit "yikes"! We're used to condos at the beach. But the kids would play out there while I finished getting ready before dinner, etc. We could spread out a bit!

OK- Here we go!

It is a work in progress and a mess now but I was afraid we would get locked while I was at work tomorrow. I plan to add and tweak things over the weekend and change up some of this pics! I also updated the review page.

I went through the entire 230+ page thread to make sure I added reviews with pics and room views. If I missed yours, let me know.

New Poly FAQ

So come on over and lets proceed from there!

OK- Here we go!

It is a work in progress and a mess now but I was afraid we would get locked while I was at work tomorrow. I plan to add and tweak things over the weekend and change up some of this pics! I also updated the review page.

I went through the entire 230+ page thread to make sure I added reviews with pics and room views. If I missed yours, let me know.

New Poly FAQ

So come on over and lets proceed from there!

You are da bomb, BreezysMom!
We LOVE you:love:!
Thanks!
:thanks:
Gretchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter